FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Requested weapons

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Requested weapons Reply with quote

A) click on my sig to go to the about page for American Special Forces. There you will see a list of weapons that have been added to ASF thus far.

B) post any suggestions that you may have for possible weapons to be added.

C) I will add these weapons (Im aiming for about 100 or so in total).
SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds sweet Spud! I hope that you don't mind me saying this about

"Each class can use their specific weapons - they CAN NOT use another classes weapons (only their ammo). When you die you do not lose your weapon - it is automatically assigned to your class on respawn (players will be allowed to respawn five seconds after they die).

This is just my take on this, a player playing a terrorist who is killed with lets say a "RPK-74", this weapons ammo can be used by Allied forces using lets say a M16, I am probably just misinterpreting this description. But, if I am not, the ammo of both these guns are totally different and not compatable ?

Please explain
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a player is killed they drop their ammunition for their gun in some way (probably a back pack like in TFC). When this occurs, a player with a similar calibur of weapon another player can pick up that ammo. Any ammunition that isnt needed by the player is just discarded (probably just deleted). For example:

a opposing force player is killed by an ASF player. Once this occurs the opposing force player drops his ammunition. If the opposing force player is carrying a 9mm hand gun and the ASF player needs 9mm ammunition then when he runs over the backpack he can pick up the amount required (automatically). Like in TFC when you run over a back pack and you pick up the specific number of ammunition for whatever gun (ie rockets). You use four rockets, you run over a pack that has rocket ammunition in it, you gain four rockets.

Confusing but thats the best way that I can explain it.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still say's to me, that regardless of the various types and makes of weapons whether enemy or foe, the ammo is backwards compatible for either side to use ?

You want to keep it as real as possible, so if it was me, I'd keep each sides ammo only compatible with the make and model of weapon that each side has (Allied can use only allied, Terrorists can use only terrorists ammunition) think about being in a real life scenario,

Your deep behind enemy lines and far from your base and support, you have only 2 bullets in the clip of your M-14 (.223)with a Russian convoy heading your way, you have no time, nowhere to run.

Laying beside you in the fox hole that you occupied is a Russian Kalashnikov machine gun with a 8 full clips of ammo and 1 in it's belly.

What do you do ?

1)Fire your last 2 bullets and hope they believe in the Geneva Convention and make a p.o.w out of you.

2)Pull the ammo clip from out of the Kalashnikov wasting more of your time trying to fit a 5.45 mm ammo clip into the belly of a .223mm weapon.

3)Drop your weapon and pick-up the Kalashnikov enabling you to fend off the approaching enemy, since you have the advantage by being up on higher ground.

Dropping a weapon upon a players demise and making it possible for the other team to use makes better sense if you ask me ? It's just an opinion
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It never said you can't pick up an enemy's weapon, but if that's how it is going to be it should be the way Species said. Although people might pick them up all the time and it may throw off the balance of the game. It depends on how the game was designed I guess.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point of not being able to pick up weapons from the other (edited from team to players) players are:

1. it stops people who are actually good with the weapon from "whoring" it.

2. it restricts the player and makes the game harder - its harder to defend your position with limited ammo and resources which makes each round of a map harder and harder to control for both sides (no ammo = crumbling lines) which means that any camping positions from either side will have a hard time holding their position.

3. 1 + 2 = more required team work, better aim, better ammo conservation (1 shot 1 kill - maybe not but its along a similar idea), less chance of the OF or ASF camping and holding a position throughout a map (like what happens in TFC).
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about adding USMC Recon? And whats with the colt .45? I thought that the US used 9mm's now for sidearms. Also, why cant you pick up opfor weapons? The LAW was phased out a while ago and replaced with a new atrpg, but I don't remember the details.
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grunts use 9mms, special forces arent grunts. Marine force recon is also being added in - though its not mentioned. I think that they still use LAWs in some instances - a us military website said so atleast. And the reasons for not being able to pick up other characters/forces weapons has been stated above.
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this is a good website with many guns and their pictures,history, and stats

http://world.guns.ru/

though one thing about the site is it lists where the guns are made, so if u want to see if the U.S.Army uses it you gota read the the discription of the gun
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can usually piece together what the US army does/doesnt use by reading the news, watching documentaries, and just general Q/A (Az helps there). Thanks for the site, though I use it all the time to get more info on guns...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: