FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Corporate Lessons

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Corporate Lessons Reply with quote

Corporate Lesson 1
A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower when the doorbell rings. After a few seconds of arguing over which one should go and answer the doorbell, the wife gives up, quickly wraps herself up in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob the next door neighbour. Before she says a word, Bob says, "I'll give you $800 to drop that towel that you have on" After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob. After a few seconds, Bob hands her 800 dollars and leaves. Confused, but excited about her good fortune, the woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back upstairs. When she gets back to the bathroom, her husband asks from the shower, "Who was that?" "It was Bob the next door neighbour," she replies. "Great!" the husband says, "Did he say anything about the $800 he owes me?"

Moral of the story: If you share critical information pertaining to credit and risk in time with your stakeholders, you may be in a position to prevent avoidable exposure.

Corporate Lesson 2
A sales rep, an administration clerk and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out in a puff of smoke. The Genie says, "I usually only grant three wishes, so I'll give each of you just one." "Me first! Me first!" says the admin clerk. "I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world" Poof! She's gone. In astonishment, "Me next! Me next!" says the sales rep "I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an Endless supply of pina coladas and the love of my life." Poof! He's gone. "OK, you're up," the Genie says to the manager. The manager says "I want those two back in the office after lunch."

Moral of the story: Always let your boss have the first say.

Corporate Lesson 3
A crow was sitting on a tree, doing nothing all day. A small rabbit saw the crow, and asked him, "Can I also sit like you and do nothing all day long?" The crow answered: "Sure, why not." So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the crow, and rested. All of a sudden a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Moral of the story: To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.

Corporate Lesson 4
A turkey was chatting with a bull. "I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree," sighed the turkey, but I haven't got the energy." "Well, why don't you nibble on some of my droppings?" replied the bull. "They're packed with nutrients." The turkey pecked at a lump of dung and found that it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch. Finally after a fourth night, there he was proudly perched at the top of the tree. Soon he was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot the turkey out of the tree.

Moral of the story: Bullshit might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Rofl

but how are the last 2 corporate lessons?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker for the Dead wrote:
#Rofl

They make complete sense to me.

I know many a coworker who should take those last two to heart.

They bullshit all the time and do almost no work.
Luckily, we just got rid of one of those.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave wrote:
#Rofl

they make sense to me too but the reason im asking is they both use animals granted one is kinda impossible to us bullshiet with something other than a bull in it but i mean they should add some ppl too...shoe me the people

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
shoe me the people

Here ya go

Ville Bash

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave wrote:
#Rofl

yeah i hear about that one girl all time time. she got promoted didnt she? well...without the pay increase that is.
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t the ppl have been shown...and stuff

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: