FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Network Issues

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Network Issues Reply with quote

City 17, the two sven servers and TS are all on the same network provider and they are having issues. So if you try and connect they arent reaching the authentication server and your going to get auth error number 35. Sorry for the problem, hopefully it will be up and running tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kubrick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rio r0x0rs!

Especially when you use them for telco service
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats wierd is that it shows City 17 up and running on the front page, but in the steam server list it shows up off line
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cause you can ping it, but the dns isnt resolving to steam or anything to do with dns.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[WVR]MREBoy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, I think the Universe has been messing with my head in the last 24 hours.

Let me explain,

between 12pm-4pm EST 1/14 the Universe handed me $210 bucks, clear out of the blue, with pretty much no involvement or actice though on my part. Not a darn bit. I'm thinking "Cool!"

So, continuing on, I decide its time to start messing with the various Half-Life based games/mods I have installed, and pretty much ignored for the last 4 months.

This evening, I went and d/led Sven Co-op and the map pack from here. Install it in my old WON based HL install. Whoops, the 'Ville uses Steam. Ok, I install it in the Steam install. Go to play. Keep getting these darn annoying "Error verifying Steam UserID ticket, error 35) errors. Spend time rooting around the steampowered.com forums.

Search, Search Search.

Read about 10 different threads by whiny C-Sers about various bugs, crashes, faults, and generally how bad they think Steam is.

Whatever.

Track down some possibly useful tips, try them all (log out, log in, delete clientregistry.blob, sacrifice a goat/chicken/hamster/congresscritter, bark at the moon, etc. etc. etc.) Total amount of usefullness: ZIP. Same error over and over. Same error with TFC and Sven on TV City 17 and both Sven Co-op servers here.

So, I've wasted about 1.5 hrs at this point (its 3.20 AM for me as I type this), and then on a last ditch search on their forums, I see a post by blown65... "Why is this popping up on my server, I keep gettin ticket errors also. ?" then "nm, our dns servers went down, so it cant authenticate."

I'm thinking, the only blown65 I've ever seen is here at The Ville, so I head over here. Oh joy, this thread is on the front page. read.. read...

The Moral of This Story: Blown65, I declare that you owe me 1 hr of my life back and about 30 points on my blood pressure.

MRE

___
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl
Rest is peace trig ill miss ya buddy
Rest in peace Blue...
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[WVR]MREBoy wrote:
Ya know, I think the Universe has been messing with my head in the last 24 hours.

Let me explain,

between 12pm-4pm EST 1/14 the Universe handed me $210 bucks, clear out of the blue, with pretty much no involvement or actice though on my part. Not a darn bit. I'm thinking "Cool!"

So, continuing on, I decide its time to start messing with the various Half-Life based games/mods I have installed, and pretty much ignored for the last 4 months.

This evening, I went and d/led Sven Co-op and the map pack from here. Install it in my old WON based HL install. Whoops, the 'Ville uses Steam. Ok, I install it in the Steam install. Go to play. Keep getting these darn annoying "Error verifying Steam UserID ticket, error 35) errors. Spend time rooting around the steampowered.com forums.

Search, Search Search.

Read about 10 different threads by whiny C-Sers about various bugs, crashes, faults, and generally how bad they think Steam is.

Whatever.

Track down some possibly useful tips, try them all (log out, log in, delete clientregistry.blob, sacrifice a goat/chicken/hamster/congresscritter, bark at the moon, etc. etc. etc.) Total amount of usefullness: ZIP. Same error over and over. Same error with TFC and Sven on TV City 17 and both Sven Co-op servers here.

So, I've wasted about 1.5 hrs at this point (its 3.20 AM for me as I type this), and then on a last ditch search on their forums, I see a post by blown65... "Why is this popping up on my server, I keep gettin ticket errors also. ?" then "nm, our dns servers went down, so it cant authenticate."

I'm thinking, the only blown65 I've ever seen is here at The Ville, so I head over here. Oh joy, this thread is on the front page. read.. read...

The Moral of This Story: Blown65, I declare that you owe me 1 hr of my life back and about 30 points on my blood pressure.

MRE

___

#Rofl LMAO
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, well alls well, its working again.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pssst buddy can you spare a hour...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: