FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PC Light Guns

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: PC Light Guns Reply with quote

I just setup my arcade cabinet to use my Act-Labs PC light gun. From my rough trial play last night I can say this thing works well. I have the retail version of Area51 and it was great, but I'd rather play the arcade version.

Therefore I have the MAME version enroute to my house and it should prove to be better. I'll be able to boost my credit amount and play through the whole thing I will also be able to use them on House of the Dead 2, Jurassic Park for MAME and any other of the light gun games in MAME.

Just wanted to know if anyone else uses them, or to let you know they exist. The FAQ says only one will work, but know they are claiming to supporting two... thats what I've been waiting on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's looking like a kickass hobby you have there Ham. You can really get the body swaying and grooving on the stand up arcade games.
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking about building one of those cabinets when I get my basement finished. Do you have a copy of all the specs, that I could get?
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, just email me and I should be able to answer most of your questions. I have spent hours and long nights researching these things and how to build them.

I've have some other ideas on what to change if I did it again, and you might benifit from that type of info.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ham, I still think all that Mame stuff you did is very cool, but I dunno about a light gun, cant I just hook up my glock instead? I am pretty sure that after one shot its game over.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech-TV did a show on a gaming machine mod much like those found in Pizza Huts back in the day, you remember the ones! They were built into a table with it's screen facing up at the players with a seat at each end. I think that the flavors came in Missile Command, Space Invaders, Pong ?

Personally I always enjoyed Defender, Missile Command, Pit Fall, Zaxxon out of them all

I would think a person with decent wood working & computer modification capabilities could make a decent living creating custom gaming cabinets.

As matter of fact, I saw one built by "Yoshi" of Tech-TV that had literally "Everything Inside".. Various models of Gaming consoles (Sony PS, Game Cube, Nintendo) up to a computer with all of the trimmings. Talk about multi-tasking Locate his email address on the tech-tv site he mods every thing.
Turbo!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant forget about the pac-man flavor. i remember playing those and im only 16 wow im cultured

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Doe wrote:
I am pretty sure that after one shot its game over.

You Win!!!

SpeCies - Yeah that is called a Coctail Cabinet. Its the same thing I have except flat like a table. There are quite a few people who built the coctail style cab instead of the upright.

If you're bored you can go HERE for a list of people who have done this. Further down the page is a whole section for coctails.

Also, people could buy the completed cabinet and sometimes just add their computer or games. You can see some of those HERE.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: