FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Great Theological Question of Our Time.......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dammit, if ther's one reason to be in Cali, it's the food. I loved going and grabbing a couple of chorizo burritos after a hard night of drinking. Of course, the anal agony afterwards was IMHO more than enough penance for my debaucherous ways
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
anal agony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
debaucherous

Those are big words there AZ. I just got home and don't feel like thinking right now damn it. Try using words that minime would understand

God Bless You Blue Ruler
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO]Master_Chief wrote:
Azrael wrote:
anal agony

I told you to stop hanging out with Sully...

Location: I'm From the Closest Place to Heaven on Earth...that being:-- Charles County, MD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*
Ya'll miss the point.

...for the sake of argument we'll say that Jesus (Hey-Suse) is an omnipotent (big word) and all-powerful being...as such, he could do anything

here we arrive at a problem, if one was to answer my question in the negative, then you could say that Jesus was not all-powerful because he could not microwave a burrito so hot that he could not eat it

however, if you say yes to the question we arrive at the same problem, here, you say that Jesus is not all-powerful, because he would then be unable to eat an extremely hot burrito

...jeez, I didn't think that it would be so hard...I got it off a friend who got it off a Simpson's Episode (take one guess Kent)
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Great Theological Question of Our Time....... Reply with quote

[HALO]Pvt_Jenkins wrote:
Could Jesus Christ microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

This was the question that Homer Simpson asked Ned Flanders.

Ned's response was that he supposed that Jesus could.

Great quote, great show.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
ROOFCUTTER wrote:
well if you needed a reason to be born again...a Robertos Burrito is a pretty good draw...throw in some chips and sause and a couple of peppers and carrots...cold beer...akkkkkk I have to go....

Roberto's is top shelf Mexican food

damn straight. thats one thing i always look forward tp when going home to vegas. where else are they other than vegas?

although....you have about a 50-50 chance of coming home and sitting on the pot for a night from that place. i guess i shouldnt go to the ghetto robertos, then.
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The Great Theological Question of Our Time....... Reply with quote

[HALO]Pvt_Jenkins wrote:
Could Jesus Christ microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

This is actually a spin on an old question posed upon The Church in the middle ages.

The question was "Could God create a rock so heavy that He could not lift it?"

The official answer, boiled down, was this: No, he could not. God is and will always be limitless. No matter how heavy the rock is, the very essence of God cannot be weighed down by it.

QED. This question has just been

[HALO]Pvt_Jenkins

Location: I'm From the Closest Place to Heaven on Earth...that being:-- Charles County, MD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back when I had religion class...we had a question similar to the burrito (like a rock, but I forget what the object was)...the answer that we were given was that the answer is beyond our human understanding of God and we'll know whenever we do see him again
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO]Pvt_Jenkins wrote:
back when I had religion class...we had a question similar to the burrito (like a rock, but I forget what the object was)...the answer that we were given was that the answer is beyond our human understanding of God and we'll know whenever we do see him again

rampant tomfoolery!!! admit to the fact that i pwnz0r3d you jenkins, you moonshiner! rabble-rouser! rapscallion! ne'er-do-well! jk
[HALO]Pvt_Jenkins

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhhhh sorry!!! you win you win UNCLE!
Monk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Jesus?
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think many people scented the "rock question" after reading this post, but since you subsituted in a burrito it wasn't taken as seriously.

There have been infinite discussions about this before, so I will simply quote a response.

Quote:
This question begs the same thing as can God create square circles? These are questions that fail logic completely. You question is like asking "Why do bananas like driving tractors?"

Can God do the impossible? - Yes if you are defining the impossible as far as what unomipotent beings cannot do.

Can God do the possible? - Yep.

God can do anything that is logically impossible. - No, because there is nothing to be done - i.e. square circles, a boulder too heavy for God, etc. It is impossible for such things to exist in the first place.

The question is meaningless when applied to God because an infinite God can infinitely move any infinitely big rock He makes.

-EI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: