FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone know what the hell this is?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Anyone know what the hell this is? Reply with quote

Ok, so while playing DoD, my comp decided to freeze (which is something it has been known to do to me). Now what it usually does when this happens, is that it comes back online, but my once crisp graphics go straight to elephant poo, with nice little boxes of what look like misplaced pixels everywhere. Once I exit the game, the graphics go back to normal, and only seem to be affected in games (So far I've only noticed it on HL games, and splinter cell).

Well today we had a new one. When it froze, it decided to boot my out of everything, and according to the nice screen that came up, this was for the protection of my hardware. It told me to check my drivers, which I already did last night, it then gave me a code at the bottom of the screen, which I dutifully submit here:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBAED9E2D, 0xB715AA80, 0x00000000)

nv4_mini.sys - Address BAED9E2D base at BAE2F000, Datestamp 3Fb91de8

System:
XFX FX 5600 256 mb
1.5 Gb RAM
AMD Athlon 3000+ (I think, hey, it's been awhile!)
Soundblaster Audigy
WDC 80 Gb HDD
Maxtor 80 Gb HDD
FIC 1st Mainboard

Seriously, this is starting to piss me off, I'd love to get this figured out, as for some reason, I think it can't be good for my system.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like to me that your system keeps tring to load a old driver. I was having the same issue but it was just effecting my fps. It might be a conflict between your MOB and your video card. But there were some issue's with your card with games as well I forgot what site I was on but I will see if i can find it for ya.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me that you are having the same problem as the artical describes except that your error message is different. Check this out
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ, it might be beacuse eather outdated drivers, which i find highly impossible because everyone stresses that and if u dont u r an idot lol, or u are overclocking the card which will make many things go wrong,(i found out the scary/hard way ) if it isnt one of those id check techsupport or somethin.

Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, drivers were the first thing checked. I'm not overclocking the card, mainly cause I don't know how to do that. and I don't think it's a hardware problem, mainly because it fixes itself back to normal once I reboot. Last night I went and updated my OS, just to make sure that it's not something like that causing all the rucus. Hopefully it will fix the problem, as it hasn't happened yet.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: