FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hey.. need some help.. plz

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Hey.. need some help.. plz Reply with quote

hey i need a lil help if anyone can spare the time.. hope someone can...

ok this is the problem.

my old computer, which is my brothers comp now. cos i got my new one..

well anyway. i bought them a 20gb hd n a 32mb GeForce 2 mx 400 somthin. for crimbo. installed it all and using xp pro now.

the spec is crap... p3 450Mhz but its got 320MB Ram.. think its DDR. will have to check.

anyway. the error is with the graphics card. xp installs drivers for it. but just to check it wasnt with that ive installed new drivers from nvidia site.

the error message i get is below.

Code:
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

does anyone know how to correct this...

i havent got a clue to be honest and im hoping someone on here will be able to help me fix this.. thanks ever so much

and a merry christmas to everyone.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your not doing a fresh install of the O/S my guess would be you need to uninstall the old video drivers and support software. If the cards were PCI and not AGP then there might be resources dedicated that have not been released.

Also, poke around in the bios to see what things may be set in there.

I would almost recommend that you drop in the 20 gb drive as a master, disconnect the old drive, install the new video card too. Then clear the bios, pull the jumper to clear it and start with a clean cmos. Next, install XP on the 20 from scratch, format the drive as NTFS and overwrite everything thats on it.

Once it installs the base OS and such then download the latest drivers for the video card from the manufacturer, oh, dont forget to do all the windows updates and security patches. Um, install Antivirus software, a firewall (zonealarm) and then tweak the installed services to stop the unrequired ones.

Hope this helps, please PM me if you have questions, I will be around off and on all day.

Merry Christmas.

JD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATI's Enhanced Drivers if not removed before upgrading it will cause this same error. JD is correct
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: