FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DOD SERVER!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: DOD SERVER!!! Reply with quote

hey all i just wanted to let everyone know that Jfetzener and I have created a server that is currently being tested for operation as a ville server. We welcome everyone to come and test it out. Jfet and i want this to be a fun server so we can hold tons of events on it in the future so participation by villuns and vistors to the ville website is highly desired.

the IP is 24.234.24.67

The map rotation is ever changing so we can test what is popular and what is not so i would list what it is but it wouldn't be accurate. I do know flash, caen, anzio, forrest are always on there...we are keeping avalanche off for the time being because it is too bright. Anywho come one come all and enjoy.

<TVB>Powdermilkman
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean that TheVille wil have 5 Dod servers?
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it its a won server not steam??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just checked it out i like i get a good ping ,,good job....and can somebody tell me why avalanche is so bright now no more shadows etc it sucks.i only ask this because i have not been playing for awhile and just finished with the update yes i know i`m behind the eight ball lately.

RIP- BlueRuler
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blown65 wrote:

It is a STEAM server

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smegma wrote:
just checked it out i like i get a good ping ,,good job....and can somebody tell me why avalanche is so bright now no more shadows etc it sucks.i only ask this because i have not been playing for awhile and just finished with the update yes i know i`m behind the eight ball lately.

It's a 1.1 bug. It will be correctly shortly. However, how the beta tester missed it is a mystery.....

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
blown65 wrote:

It is a STEAM server

wierd, it wont show up like the other steam servers via ASE...oh well.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the nuclear winter version of avalanche is a glitch so is the text fonts all of which will be fixed hopefully.

Anywho for those who have played on the server i am very very excited that yall liked it and hope yall keep enjoying it.

<TVB>Powdermilkman
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:
Smegma wrote:

It's a 1.1 bug. It will be correctly shortly. However, how the beta tester missed it is a mystery.....

Yeah, that's odd. I guess we are the beta testers. They probably gave it a default light level and forgot to change it back.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blown65 wrote:
Bright Red Nipples wrote:
blown65 wrote:

It is a STEAM server

wierd, it wont show up like the other steam servers via ASE...oh well.

ASE? whats this. maybe its just a little late for me and ive had one too many drinks (hey, i was at the Mavericks game tonight in box seats. i had to). if my server should be on this ASE thing, lemme know if you know how to fix it.

ive heard of problems of servers running as a console server, as i am running it, dont broadcast their existence to the root steam servers.

Jfet out.
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASE=All Seeing Eye. I cannot use steam to find servers because if I refresh the server list it kills my internet connection, so I cannot tell you how its listed there.

It shows up under ASE, but only if I manually add it. If I refresh the DOD Steam list its not listed there. Its actually showing up on mine as a Won game for some reason. All the other TV dod servers list fine so I really dont have an answer as to why.
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASE is basically a gamespy rippoff the only diff is that its 100000x better than gamespy. its very handy if u wish to play games like quake, which doesnt have a server list and it its just overall good

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: