FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New update stumped
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: New update stumped Reply with quote

Well I'm totally stumped. I click on my steam folder and it updates to 99%. Then it will do one of two things, either it gives me the steam.dll error or my desktop icon stays active like I think it's supposed to but my mouse is frozen and locks up my pc. It stays locked up for hours and I have to power off. The only thing I can think of is to re-install steam from scratch and see if that works.

Any ideas guys.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same things happenin to me now. GRRRRRRR
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of peeps having problems since the steam update....backup your DOD and TFC folders before uninstalling and reinstalling, saves having to download all you maps and stuff again.....

JD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleh, I remember all those ppl saying how great it was going to be. You can talk to your friends on steam. Ya, thats only when the friends network actually works. You can dl updates on the fly. Sure, if it lets you or finishes.

I'm sorry, but in 3 months of this crap Ive had more issues with HL mods than the 3+yrs with won. GFJ ruining the HL community IMO. Not only that, now its split between won and Steam. I guess they thought we all would be happy to be beta testers for them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blown65 wrote:
bleh, I remember all those ppl saying how great it was going to be. You can talk to your friends on steam. Ya, thats only when the friends network actually works. You can dl updates on the fly. Sure, if it lets you or finishes.

I'm sorry, but in 3 months of this crap Ive had more issues with HL mods than the 3+yrs with won. GFJ ruining the HL community IMO. Not only that, now its split between won and Steam. I guess they thought we all would be happy to be beta testers for them.

The biggest problem isnt with steam itself, the concept is great. The problem is that they force us to beta test it for them. Shame on you Valve.

I think after these beta tests are over they will probably try and start using a subscription service. It is only free now because we are beta testing it for them.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was doing same thing,,seems as though latest windows security update swas screwing it up. Restored computer to previous state before windows update. Fixed Steam,,,for now.
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean "click on steam folder", Blue? I don't have anything like that in my Steam interface. It just tells me the game is not available right now. Is there something I can do to update it? I am very new to Steam, but it all seemed self explanatory up til now. In fact, it worked great for me until this update.

Thanks in advance,

FD
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato thinks that they should have made Steam Optional on servers - you can play on a Steam Server if you have WON and you can play on a WON server if you have steam. They should have made the entire thing optional - it would have been way easier and it wouldn't have ruined the community like it has.

<TVB>Potato
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato thinks that they should have made Steam Optional on servers - you can play on a Steam Server if you have WON and you can play on a WON server if you have steam. They should have made the entire thing optional - it would have been way easier and it wouldn't have ruined the community like it has.

<TVB>Potato
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEAM error
The game is currently unavaible

To fix this error, I followed this thread.

http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=8d93d3c8ba920855b9771be957e7b2e2&threadid=35505

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish someone would hack the WON servers and destroy them, then set up thier own same-as-WON servers but noone would know where and keep them up forever... i played some WON tfc and i miss it :<
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal KMKZ wrote:
Mine was doing same thing,,seems as though latest windows security update swas screwing it up. Restored computer to previous state before windows update. Fixed Steam,,,for now.

Tried that didn't work

Quote:
="Shockwave"]STEAM error
The game is currently unavaible

To fix this error, I followed this thread.

Tried that yesterday eventhough thay's not my issue, didn't work

Now I'm going to post on steam forum and see what happens.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerDemon wrote:
What do you mean "click on steam folder", Blue? I don't have anything like that in my Steam interface. It just tells me the game is not available right now. Is there something I can do to update it? I am very new to Steam, but it all seemed self explanatory up til now. In fact, it worked great for me until this update.

Thanks in advance,

FD

The problem isn't that they don't know how to use Steam, it's Valve who doesn't know how to use it.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this is just great. I registered at steam well over a week ago and now when I click "New Thred" I get. And no I didn't forget my password. Notice that it does indeed say I'm logged in so WTF gives.

Quote:
vBulletin Message
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: blueruler [logout]

Forgotten your password?

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blown65 wrote:

Yep we are like little lab rats I say #Fist em in the eye #Beer

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: