FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does age matter that much?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicoden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Does age matter that much? Reply with quote

So anyway, I haven't had a steady g/f for like a year now and I just started seeing this really great woman. She's really pretty, has her own business, loves to laugh and has a great personality........but she's 38 and I'm 26, a very young looking 26, but she's a very young looking 38. Anyway we have a great time together and it hasn't gotten too serious yet. But...if it keeps going good, its likely that it will turn serious.

I guess to me it doensn't really matter that much, just alittle. I mean 12 years is a big difference!! My parents just want me to be happy, so that advice doesn't really help any. The thing is....how many more years of fun can she have in her yet ( I know that sounds odd) What I mean is I still have at least 20 years of feeling invincible and being able to do pretty much anything I want. I am just afraid that when her life starts slowing down I am 12 years behind that happening for me....catch my drift?

I know Demi Moore and Ashtun have something similar, but thats Hollywood, we all know it won't last....And I don't really think they care.
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At those ages, I dont think it matters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont believe that it really matters. If your younger - your something like 16 and shes 13 then its matters or if your older and shes olders (same principal). All that really matters is if you agree and "click" with each other. Thats the only thing. Theirs nothing wrong with having someone whos younger than you as a gf or wife. Or someone whos older. If things are going steady, like you said, then it shouldn't even really be an issue.

<TVB>Potato
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've said ti before ( not necessarily here) and i'll say it again, age only matters if you are young, after 18 screw it. but if its before 18.... dont' screw it ( or you will go to jail!!!! omg !!!)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mum has a friend who is 50 and is married to someone who is 35. They first got together when he was just 21 - everyone asked her if she was out of her mind... obviously she wasn't.

If it's good for the two of you, then go for it.
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...mines a little older....she is 19...im 17.....hmmm...does the law work in that direction?
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked myself the same question not so long ago, though in this case I was the oldest of 10 years.

The answer is simple: if it is ok for both of you, it is good.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i went out with someone that was 17 im 14 thatsz not right he didn't tell me i think in this case your fine.
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itd be even scarier if it was a 30 yo and you gelly (potato cant believe that people use to do that in the 'ld days) .

<TVB>Potato
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say after 25 everything kinda levels off. After that it's pretty much a number and much more based on maturity of the person. I know a woman back in Chicago who is 36. She still thinks she's 15 and I just call her H.M. (which stands for high maintainence.) I know some 21 year olds that are more mature than their age. The problem is that it's usually children that seem to mature women more.

Vic, don't do anything or cut off anything because others say you should. You make you happy first. Don't be worrying about what others think. Peer pressure is the downfall of many. If she makes you happy then there is no reason to avoid it. It certainly seems to be ok for guys to be with girls much younger than they are...so why not visa versa?

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets just say there is a 20 year difference. when one is 50 the other will be 70. Now who here wants to have sex with a 70 year old?? come on raise your hands.

My friend is in somewhat the same boat. I do not know what he is going to do..or not do or maybe they dont do...or maybe they still do...

Other than that love is a very strange animal that cannot be controlled.

I certainly could not say yes or no to my kids if they were asking the same question. I would hope they would have their fun and then find someone closer to their own age. Roof hopes he is not asked this question...
[NoClan]Lunt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:
I asked myself the same question not so long ago, though in this case I was the oldest of 10 years.

The answer is simple: if it is ok for both of you, it is good.

Theres an old saying when you date a younger women...
"Your only as young as the girl you feel"
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GellyRoll wrote:
haha i went out with someone that was 17 im 14 thatsz not right he didn't tell me i think in this case your fine.

Its not all that bad... My wife and I met in high school. However, she was a freshman and I was a senior (14 & 17). We are past all of that now, and when you say 21 & 24 it doesn't sound as bad.

I think that the ages are fine.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato-VS- wrote:
Itd be even scarier if it was a 30 yo and you gelly (potato cant believe that people use to do that in the 'ld days) .

<TVB>Potato

but he was high when he asked me out and was a bad kisser and bad boyfriend so its all good lol.
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was watching Maury...(yea you know you guys watch it too)...lol..but anyways...there was an episode on "opposites attracks" or something like that..but yea...some 45 year old lady married her 13 year old sons best friend...so yea thats a big age difference...45 and a 13 year old...lol..they live like in alabama or somewhere around there... were its legal to marry at such a young age.....but what was funny was that the wife is still buying her husband yu-gi-oh cards..tee hee hee...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: