FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Matrix Revolutions (DON'T READ IF U HAVENT SEEN)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkath

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Matrix Revolutions (DON'T READ IF U HAVENT SEEN) Reply with quote

Just a random post I thought I would make to find out how you guys liked it.

Being a hardcore Matrix fan, I loved the movie, and would have still loved it even if it was one of the worst movies ever made. The critics did give 'Revolutions' some harsh reviews, and some of what they said was true. Reloaded built up Revolutions to be this huge finale, and it did fall short a bit. The fight scene with Smith at the end was nice but short, and in general, a little too much talking took place. The whole Zion battle was just amazing, not a dull moment there. Part of the thrill of seeing the Matrix for me at least is being as confused as a mildly retarded chimpanzee when it ends. I felt Revolutions overexplained some things about what happened in Reloaded, and if you've seen Revolutions, I thought it left you hanging at the end just like Reloaded did, and you stare in confusion with a big 'WTF!?' on your forehead when it ends.

I think Revolutions could have been much better if the Wachoski brothers spent a little more time on the Revolutions script. I think Reloaded and Revolutions were spaced so close together, it seems things were rushed, and because Reloaded and Revolutions was one movie chopped into two, it seems they added many last minute script filling ideas just to finish Revolutions.

BTW, did anyone go see it @ 6 AM like I did?

^^^ Clicky

Last edited by Darkath on Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Negative Creep

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Matrix Revolutions Reply with quote

Darkath wrote:
Just a random post I thought I would make to find out how you guys liked it.

Well I didn't see it because in my opinion the last one sucked. I loved the first Matrix, it was very interesting and more of an in-depth film than any other movie I have ever seen, except Pi. But when they decided to come out with a second one, what was it four years later, I was pretty hyped and expecting it to be like the first, very in-depth and interesting. But I was sadly mistaken, it sucked. I can't comment anymore on the details of its suckyness because I have not bothered to watch it after I saw it the first time, and I wanted to forget its existness completely.

And now they have a third one.

Please Darkath, don't be dragged in by all the Hollywood BS. Every time a so-called "Best Movie of the year" movie comes out, they always have to make a sequel. And I don't have a problem with that, as long as the sequel is good, but it almost never is.

Another thing that really pissess me off about movies nowadays, is in every televsion preview, they always say it's the best movie of the year, or the funniest, or the most....something or other.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR DAMN'T!!!!

HA, oh also I did infact like some of the Animatrix set. I am still trying to figure out most of the stories in my head by watching it over and over. And in my opinion, if a movie makes you think hard, it's good.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Reloaded was freakin awesome, and I don't buy into Hollywood BS. I was actually expecting a let-down from what people told me, but I came out of the theaters hyped and ready to see it again. I actually got into a short convo on TV6 this evening about why Reloaded sucked, and the only reason he gave was that the rave scene was stupid.... ok, whatever. I really liked the storyline, and the stunts they're pulling off is pioneering a new frontier. I really couldn't have expected much better. Plus the whole fight series starting with Neo killing the people in the weapon room and ending with the trucks exploding simply owns, especially on an IMAX screen. =)

I plan on seeing Revolutions this weekend on IMAX again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chen Kenichi wrote:
I really liked the storyline, and the stunts they're pulling off is pioneering a new frontier.

Yes I do admit the stunts are very kool. But there have been martial arts movies since the beginning of time that are much more interesting. And you know why, because it has a solid and in-depth storyline to back up all those kewl moves. And I just felt that the last Matrix movie did not have one. You can't make a good movie with just stunts. You need a solid storyline, good actors/actresses, and lots o' money .

That's why Cowboy Bebop R0X0RS!!!
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negative Creep wrote:

Yes I do admit the stunts are very kool. But there have been martial arts movies since the beginning of time that are much more interesting

You're talking to the man with like the entire Jackie Chan movie collection.

Quote:
And you know why, because it has a solid and in-depth storyline to back up all those kewl moves. And I just felt that the last Matrix movie did not have one. You can't make a good movie with just stunts.

For some reason I get the feeling that people just liked the original Matrix because it had bullet-time effects. If you didn't like the original Matrix storyline, then I wouldn't expect you to like the sequel. The original storyline is just as far-fetched, but I felt both were more than sufficient.

Quote:
You need a solid storyline, good actors/actresses, and lots o' money .

I think Reloaded qualifies in all of those aspects. Did you know they built that highway for the chase scene?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chen Kenichi wrote:
You're talking to the man with like the entire Jackie Chan movie collection.

Well yes Chan is good too, but I was referring to Bruce Lee movies and others like his.

Chen Kenichi wrote:
For some reason I get the feeling that people just liked the original Matrix because it had bullet-time effects. If you didn't like the original Matrix storyline, then I wouldn't expect you to like the sequel. The original storyline is just as far-fetched, but I felt both were more than sufficient.

Oh I loved the first Matrix, it had everything I wanted in a movie.

Chen Kenichi wrote:
I think Reloaded qualifies in all of those aspects. Did you know they built that highway for the chase scene?

Well, yeah it does. I didn't phrase that part correctly, I need some more time to think, I 've being doing alot of it today and my head hurts.
Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i can say with the last 2 movies.. iw as disappointed.. they didnt live up to the first one.... I wanted a better ending.. but true.. how often do you see the main characters die at the end? kinda sad... Yeah they skip alot.... but i remember in the 2nd movie... didnt it end.. with some guy in the ship saying.. that when they got to zion... "it wasnt a battle.. it was a massicure.... we only found 1 surviver". I dont get how they got to zion in time.. i thought hte battle was already over.....and that they were the only ones left.... also...

i know its just a movie.. but man i feel sorry for the reload guys for the APU's..... once you go out.. you aint comin back.... poor guys... and those sentnals really screwed you up too... they would grab your face and f you up.... how sad...

i wanted a better "happy ending" and to show at least the future....

aa, oshiete sensei-san
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kinda cool that they made the evil side unbeatable

1. Main characters died
2. Only with the help of one evil were they able to save Zion
3. Only with Neo giving himself up did they have a chance

However...

1. The blatant bastardizing of the Borg (Smith) really sucked
2. The way Neo gave himself to Smith was already done on three occasions on Star Trek. I felt like I saw Picard as Lucutus and especially Janeway uploading a virus to herself TWICE to defeat the Borg in the same exact manner that Neo defeated Smith.
3. The ending was garbage and ruined much of the buildup

Because of the ending being brief I left feeling like the movie got cut ten minutes short.

Five weeks until LOTR III. This means I need to brush up on Fellowship and Two Towers. Shrek 2 actually looks pretty funny too.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret Agent Man wrote:
it wasnt a battle.. it was a massicure.... we only found 1 surviver". I dont get how they got to zion in time.. i thought hte battle was already over.....and that they were the only ones left.... also...

No, what they were talking about is the massive buildup of all of Zion's hovercraft. Agent Smith/Bane was a saboteur, and detonated the EMP out of range of the Sentinels the hovercraft were planning to ambush, and since the hovercraft were tightly bunched together, bam. every system down, PLUS the Sentinels knew their position.

The saboteur was the only survivor.

FragFailure wrote:
3. The ending was garbage and ruined much of the buildup

I agree. I thought there was going to be an ending which involved the "New Matrix" (there being such a buildup about the 5 before Neo's matrix) but it just turned out to be a cheesy stereotyped ethnic minority (tiny Indian girl, middle-aged male asian, and old wise-woman african american) meeting where they go "we are free from opression! yay for new beginnings!"

And the fight scene at the end...the flying battle was totally unnecessary. A good one on one foot battle would've been exciting, with mutiple grabbings of random objects and the use of them. With Smith and Neo fighting around in the air, it just became another DBZ look-alike.

However...

the zion battle scene was BRILLIANT. Totally blew me away, I was on the edge of my seat for the entire sequence. I read somewhere that The Kid was supposed to symbolize old WWII movies, and wow. Amazing. I was mumbling "woah" like every 10 seconds.

One last gripe: I still don't get why Neo could destroy so many machines with just thought. I mean, I realize that the One's powers could reach out to the real world, but....wtf? they never said anything about that. I mean, the flying and the super punches could be explained by altering the Matrix, but...argh.

Questions:

If Trinity could accelerate the Logos all that way up, why couldn't she try to brake until almost until impact?

Why wasn't there any protective armor plating on the APUs?

How did the bazookas operate? It looked like an empty straight tube...could any of our enlisted villun's explain this to me?

All in all, the movie was awesome. But, like Darkath said, way too much overexplaining. and not enough kung-fu :/
PondScm007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm im taking a short road trip to another state with some people to go see it on IMAX... ooh yeah.. im still debating whether to see it first in a regular theater though, but im thinking not

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to see it Tommorow after school with a friend...tee hee hee
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shovles thoughts:

1st Matrix was the best, hands down.

2nd Matrix was meh, not too teh shabby

3rd Matrix = No Dice

Yes they had pretty graphics, and the Zion battle was pretty cool, but i was disapointed, just didnt seem right.

Needless to say, Matrix had a good run. Was qutie a phenomenon, but all good thigns must come to an end... it is inevitable.

Edit: Some tid bits of info, obviously this info is rather old, but think about when Keanu had to say good-bye to trinity, i bet that really hit home...

Quote:
Gloria Foster, who played the psychic Oracle in the Matrix, passed away last weekend at the age of 64. Foster, who had appeared in a few other films, will be best remembered as the cookie baking seer who helped Keanu Reeves find his destiny.

The Oracle appears in the Matrix Reloaded and the as yet unnamed Matrix 3. Foster had filmed most of her scenes for the firstsequel, according to Coming Attractions, but none for 3.

It's been a tough go for the cast and crew of the Matrix sequels, with this being the third death hitting them. First Reeves' girlfriend was killed in a car accident, and actress/singer Aaliyah, who had a major role in the sequels, was killed in a plane crash
[/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG YOU PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS. Revolutions completely blows the first two movies away. I don't understand how anyone can see the movie and say it was a disappointment. It had more action than the first two, a great story, and NOT AS MUCH TALKING AS THE OTHERS--you people saying they talked too much need to watch the other movies again. They do so much more talking in them it's unreal.

I also don't understand how you can say "they explained too much in this one", and then say that the ending didn't make sense. The ending was brilliant, and made perfect sense. BTW, what you saw at the end WAS the new matrix. Honestly you people need to listen to what they say. The dialogue isn't simply placed there to take up space.
Smith died because by taking over Neo, he was returned directly to the source (the thing that Neo was plugged into), and therefore deleted. Neo saved the machine world, and in return the machines spared the human world. The source was able to take control of the matrix again with the deletion of Smith, and afterwards recreated it. With the peace between the machines and humans, he allowed every human plugged into the matrix the choice of rejecting it and returning to Zion. As you could tell, the architect was somewhat peeved off by this none the less, and didn't think peace would last. This makes sense if you remember the oracle saying that he couldn't see past a choice he didn't understand, and that because his purpose is what it is, he will never be able to understand it. Another thing that requires thought to understand is the newly created colors in the sky. In the beginning, the little girl was being smuggled to the matrix because she didn't have a purpose. By creating what she did for Neo she had also created a purpose for herself, and no longer would have to be an "exile". The asian guy is there because he follows the oracle everywhere.

If you actually took the time to think about it, the ending wasn't just a scene put in there to be called an ending. They showed you the new matrix, explained that the humans and machines were at peace, explained what would happen to all humans plugged into the matrix, and added a few extra things in as well.

Because I feel some unexplainable purpose to do so, I will answer some of your questions.

Neo could destory the machines because they were programs from the source. He was able to destroy them in the same way he was able to beat up agents. However, in his world, the machines can be completely destroyed. Neo was able to destroy so many because all the little tiny ones were simply bombs. If you paid attention, Trinity had to pull up because Neo couldn't destroy the sentinals.

Trinity couldn't brake the Logos because pulling all the way up stalled the craft. She was flying a hovercraft, and up in the clouds there isn't anything to hover on.

Would protective armor really help the APU's? The sentinals can brake through glass and metal, as well as melt it with a laser beam if it is necessary.

BTW, there weren't 5 matrix's before Neo. There were 5 other "one's". The matrix was only recreated once.

BTW BTW....errr, negative creep...To date, I have never seen an all-out kung-fu movie with a good storyline or actors. Kung-fu movies are based soully on action, which is why I love them.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What VP said

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed two interesting things when I saw it again:

1. In the hell club, the whole nipple-twisting thing. It looked pretty kinky

2. Spotted a movie mistake. After Rama Khandra (spelling?) gets on the train, he leaves behind one of his bags, the one Neo tried to carry on. The camera shows Neo right before he jumps down onto the tracks, and you can see the briefcase/bag. When Neo runs into the darkness, and comes out the other end, the briefcase isn't there anymore.

^^^ Clicky
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: