FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Thoughts medics and engineers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enrico

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking, how does the medipack work??? It would have to have two vaccines, a regenerative, and a infectant. One vaccine to counteract the infectant its putting into you, and another for the enemies vaccine (they can't be the same because then all medipacks would heal you). Then the regenerative, but wait why doesn't the regenerative work on enemies!?!? It must be a one-two combo, one part administered at the base, the other on the field by a medic, they combine to make a regenerative. About the infectants, once you are cured once, you SHOULD be vaccinated against further infection, but you aren't, so it really, isn't a vaccine, but an anti-body. But, no bacteria acts that fast, so it cannot be a bacteria either. This led me to conclude that it is not in fact a biological agent, but in actaullity is a chemical agent. A very concentrated Hydrochloric acid could do the trick, but if it was a very concentrated acid, there would be no vaccine or anti-body, but instead a neutralizing agent. But in the case of all strong acids, they are hard to store, how would you store a highly volitile acid in a safe fashion to be carried out to the battlefield, and then administer it correctly? My answer is that it couldn't. So there must actually be two ingredients in the medipack, not five. There would be a neutralizer and a regenerative-degenerative the latter would be a highly chemical that is formulated to have two effects, in a friendlies bloodstream, it would react with a pre-existing agent (administerd at base)to form the regenerative, and then neutralizer would counteract the enemy regenerative-degenerative, but back the the point I made already, why dosen't it stay in your system and act as a vaccine? So in effect, the next time that enemy medic came a-runnin he would heal you, or it would have no effect. But then one has to ponder further, why not just then vaccinate the troops back at the base, instead of on the field? Or better yet, make it so the enemy medic heal you right off the bat? You could trick them and substitute their formula for yours. But if it's as simple as a little injection, why not pass them out to all classes? Now on the spanner. How does a wrench restore armor? One though is that it reshapes holes and dings in a friends armor to be more protective, but then what about the pieces that are blown off? And if this is correct, why does it require metal? Clearly this can not be how it works. What if it was a sealing compound or something like that, when applied, would harden and reinforce the pre-exsiting armor. That is one possible solution. But then, how is it that the packs at base restore armor? Do they just have kevlar vests inside them? But if that is so, then wouldn't one new vest replace your armor tp 100%? That is not always the case, so that cannot be right. That leads me to conclude that there must be something like a patch that is applicable to damage parts of armor. Any other insights on this topic are welcome.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be some good sh_t your smoking or drinking. Can you repeat yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa, dude, calm down. i think that you should pause on your gaming hours and take your time off, go camping or something. actually i was thinking about the same things about medics and engy's, but i just decided to play the game.

FragFailure

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because in a video game you have to suspend belief. Otherwise I couldn't jump off a balcony backwads, fall 12 feet not breaking any bones, and kill someone with a timed grenade all at once. Then, I can magically disguise myself once again. Sounds realisitc.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d@mn....Ok he broke that down for ya now if we could get someone in here to translate.Im thinking maybe its a game an um with a little time an effort anything is possible. So yea ...think about that.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does a sniper rifle have to charge? And why can't you fire it while running, like you could in real life. How can a HW gun fire so many bullets and not have an enormous clip mounted on it? How can a pyro's rocket launcher work under water? How can you start on fire under water? How can a scout carry so many caltrops to toss while running and firing a gun with both hands occupied? How can someone prime a grenade while shooting a gun. How can you carry 4 or 5 weapons as well as a crowbar and several grenades without falling down from the weight? And, wouldn't that rather difficult to move around efficiently with all those guns strapped to you? Just some other questions that don't have real answers.
Turbo!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. I think you guys have too much time on ur hands. Did u ever ponder why these ppl are in a closed arena blowing the crap out of eachother? Or how about why its possible to keep coming back to life? Jeeze just play the game. lol

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thewz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that rocket jumps don't cause immediate death?

How is it possible to be sent accross the map from a conc nade

How do YOU die because a friendly steps on your nade?

How is it possible to send people flying with a fully charged sniper rifle?

How come nails move so slowly, yet they never fall? Unless they have some sort of a rocket engine strapped on top of them, the laws of physics state that they should slow down and eventually fall?

Why doesn't gravity affect rockets/bullets?

Why do grenades/pipes roll uphill?

How is it possible to jump from the battlements of acropolis2 to the bottom of the map without having your ankles permanently embedded into your femur?

How can anyone survive a direct blast from a grenade?

How the hell is it possible to fire a grenade/rocket launcher while jumping and strafing around a room?

Why the hell is everyone so obsessed with taking a 10 pound piece of plastic from the enemy base, and return it to their base?

How is it possible to build a sentry gun in less than 4 seconds?

How is it possible to ugrade a sentry gun by beating it with a spanner?

How is it possible to charge up your sniper rifle, wait behind the wall in the battlements of 2fort, jump out into the open and fire at an enemy? You will find that most snipers find hiding places and very rarely move whilst hiding.

How is it possible to respawn after dieing?

How come a direct shotgun blast to the head won't kill anyone?

And finally, Why the hell should we care about tfc's non-realistic shortcomings?

(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or why innocent little christmas trees shock the hell out of you untill you explode when all your doing is going for those nice little presents underneath it?

Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the for the med pack thing..... both teams are geniticly-engineered one different for the other.. so a vaccine would have the oppesit effect on the other team.

sorry for the spelling...

aa, oshiete sensei-san
Enrico

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa whoa whoa, i never said TFC was realistic, i was just wondering for a POSSIBLE explanation. Oh and avenger...

Because its a shaped charge, the blast is dropping blelow you, thus creating a low pressure area below you, and a high pressure above you, then the high pressure air zooms to replace the low pressure, when its speeding down, it displaces you, causing you to "jump"

See above, but as your traveling, the air in front of you builds up and keeps creating a high pressure area, so the effect keeps going

those bullet proof vests are really strong aren't they? The bullet wont stop, and the vest wont tear, so you just go along with it

its not rocket packs, its anti-gravity devices, duhh, everyone knows that

the rockets have a (surprise!) rocket on them, the shotgun bullets travel too fast, it wouldnt matter, the nails have anti-gravity

if you roll anything had enough it will go uphill, havent you ever played ski-ball?

in TFC, ankles take on the consistncy ofa dense spong, they absorb the impact

years of training in coordination and jumping, just like in the modern army

the voices in our heads, the voices!

prefabricated parts

you push around the parts into new configurations

not hard at all, just charge up your rifle, jump out, and shoot

were special, very very special

its a very kind and gentle shotgun, it also likes long walks on the beach

I never said you should, i was just wondering how that COULD work in real life

[ This Message was edited by: Juxtaposition on 2002-01-22 21:47 ]
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez guys, just play the game....

-Omega SiN
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK If we must here's a question for all of you. See If you know the name of the person who made it famous.

WHY IS THERE AIR?

There is air to blow up basketballs,volleyballs,and all kinds of things like that.
heheheh

It was Bill Cosby. hahaha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in regards to a pyro's rocket working under water, I think it'd have to be on the same principle as underwater welding gear... phosphorus, maybe...

The medkit could work because your team (army) has been previously genetically altered so that your infection actually gives life to them... along the same principle as matter and anti-matter... blue life juices kill red players, and vice versa... when two opposing medics hit each other with the infections, it'll create an instant super nova on the server, so don't let that happen!

Wait... if I make something go supernova, will I get credit for all the SGs that takes out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juxta, as I was reading your post I couldn't help but to remember how you said Svvord didn't have a life!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: