FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TV4 Changes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: TV4 Changes Reply with quote

Since moving over to steam tv4 player population has dropped to very low levels, some days nobody joins the server all day. The main problem is the DoD community is still split between WON and Steam. So until valve pulls the plug on won many players will still be playing over there and not on steam.

Also.. until recently many servers were not showing up on the world server list. Even tv1 had this problem for a short period of time after a couple weeks of being on steam. TV4 was not appearing to everyone on their server browser in steam. For instance I could only see tv1 and 6.. from home and work. But MErf and Danno can see them all.. then the next day it would change. They can see tv1 and 9.. I would see something different. It has been very fusterating, but it appears to be better lately though.

Alright, on to the changes to tv4

1. Since the server population has been low most of the time, I decided to put all standard maps in the rotation with a twist. I wanted to try something different so every three maps avalanche will play. Since it is the most popular map. Also, escape is not in there due to the respawn camping issue within the map, if they change that it will return to the ville. This is not set in stone, It may change within days if it just don't work, but its worth a try. The rotation looks something like this :

dod_avalanche
dod_kraftstoff
dod_anzio
dod_donner
dod_avalanche
dod_flugplatz
dod_kalt
dod_forest
dod_avalanche
dod_merderet
dod_jagd
dod_caen
dod_avalanche
dod_charlie
dod_zalec
dod_chemille
dod_avalanche
dod_vicenza
dod_flash
dod_glider

2. Fade to black is enabled again. Since tv1, 7 and 9 all have death cam, we will have tv4 with fade to black for variety and for the players that like that setting. Since we have the death stats, at least you'll have something to read when you drop.

3. Sniper limit of 2. Will see how this goes.

4. Bots. I put 10 bots max on the server. Give you late/early morning players something to do. Once a player joins.. a bot leaves.

Thats about it for now. Just trying something different. Let me know what you think and Enjoy... !

Last edited by SilverOne on Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great.

Thanks silverone, danno and merf!
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do get a little tired of the same maps.

But with that rotation...
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, now we have more of a variety between servers. I like the rotation, kinda like it randomizes after every avalanche, so you don't play the same ones over and over.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good, but one question. Is the vote thing enabled or disabled? I don't think it would really matter either way, I'm just curious.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
sounds good, but one question. Is the vote thing enabled or disabled? I don't think it would really matter either way, I'm just curious.

Which vote do you mean? The amx_vote or the mapvote? As far as I know the amx_vote is enabled, unless they changed that.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mapvote thing that is up on VI, hmmmm maybe that's just amx, I'm not sure really.
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azrael wrote:
the mapvote thing that is up on VI, hmmmm maybe that's just amx, I'm not sure really.

Are you talking about the vote thing toward the end of a map? If so.. no. But.. if the above doesnt work that was my next step. To put avalanche for instance on all the time and have a map choice vote at the end.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that rotation a bunch and the more i can play avalanche the more my bayonet gets action.

Powder
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool... Ive always seen 4 on my steam though ... Itd be cool if someone could get the old James Bonb Golden Eye death animation - the rolling blood down the screen! Ill try to playon 4 some more.

<TVB>Potato
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a couple more things last night. Read above. Sniper limits and bots.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no i know who is going to be upset by this one......

Powder
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: TV4 Changes Reply with quote

SilverOne wrote:
3. Sniper limit of 2. Will see how this goes.

YES!!!!! cool, no more super losers having 6...yes this did happen to me once, 6 snipers on one team
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any way we can get a similar rotation for TV1?
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after watching the server the last couple days, talking to MErf, Danno, and the reactions here and in game.. I noticed the server population has been up. But.. once a map like flugplatz, zalec, glider, etc start.. it clears out in a hurry. The bots are helping keep the server alive until a popular map comes up, but the last thing I want to see is 24/24 drop to 10/24 due to a lousy map.

Like I said in my original post things can change quickly.. so.. again.. another change is coming.

I don't want to go through the cycle and take maps out that dont always work. This means the only way you will ever see a map taken out of the rotation is if an admin wants to play it. Sooo...

Danno made a suggestion to have a default map (like avalanche) and have a map vote at the end. The plugin we have works like this. At 2 minutes left in the map, 5 random map choices along with an extend map option appear on the screen. Players make their choice and the server responds to the most popular choice. All standard maps are available for play still. Just the players will decide and not the map cycle.

Its been running for 2 hours now. In that short time the players have chose to keep avalanche once, change to forest, anzio, and then flash.

Try it out.. and let me know if this is a better way to go. I think it is.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: