FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lower Arm workout
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Lower Arm workout Reply with quote

Ok, I workout everyday - pushups, situps, arm curls and running (when I can). However, anyway that I try to work out my lower arm doesnt seem to work. (The next part is confusing so just try to follow along). Ive used balls - tennis and squash - and done rockey style workouts with those (I cant remember what its called though) where you squish the ball between the fingers and palm of one hand. I have also used those v shaped grips that you squish in your hand to work out your lower arm. Both of the above workouts dont do anything for me and I can do it until the cows come home :? or until my hands start to hurt too much and cramp up. I dont know if theres another way to work out your lower arm... Does anyone know a good one that actually works?

Thanks,
<TVB>Potaot-VS-
Chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to make a joke so much, but I will remain quiet.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those kinds of excercises work mostly your hand muscles. you need to get a long bar, like a bench press bar, and hold it in your hands, palms facing the wall behind you, behind your back, so the bar goes across your butt. then let the bar roll down your hands so its being held my your fingers. then slowly close your hands and bend your wrists. then relax them and start over again. i find that this works the lower arms quite well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shovelnose wrote:
those kinds of excercises work mostly your hand muscles. you need to get a long bar, like a bench press bar, and hold it in your hands, palms facing the wall behind you, behind your back, so the bar goes across your butt. then let the bar roll down your hands so its being held my your fingers. then slowly close your hands and bend your wrists. then relax them and start over again. i find that this works the lower arms quite well.

That is correct. I used to do that when I was doing workout

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chan wrote:
I want to make a joke so much, but I will remain quiet.

lolz i was very tempted too
Rest is peace trig ill miss ya buddy
Rest in peace Blue...
Vicoden

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing a hammer all day long, you'll look like Popey in no time.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Arm workout Reply with quote

Go out to a fitness store and locate what they call TheraBand<Click and read article.

The strength of the band depends on the color (Black being the strongest)
Start out easy!

Anyway you tie this in a loop(The longer the loop the less pull vice versa)
While sitting down at a table or in a chair rest your elbow upon your thigh with a fist sticking straight up with a limp wrist.

Place one end of this TheraBand under the foot below your wrist and the other end of it wrapped around the top of your knuckles.

Keeping your arm steady try flexing just your hand up and down using just our wrist in sets of 20 and depending on the resistance that you use your forearm will be in tip top shape in no time.

You can always use a Bike innertube cut in various lengths and apply them in pairs until you retain the resistance that meets your needs. Try cutting a few cords of Hard wood

Potato-VS- wrote:
Ok, I workout everyday - pushups, situps, arm curls and running (when I can). However, anyway that I try to work out my lower arm doesnt seem to work. (The next part is confusing so just try to follow along). Ive used balls - tennis and squash - and done rockey style workouts with those (I cant remember what its called though) where you squish the ball between the fingers and palm of one hand. I have also used those v shaped grips that you squish in your hand to work out your lower arm. Both of the above workouts dont do anything for me and I can do it until the cows come home :? or until my hands start to hurt too much and cramp up. I dont know if theres another way to work out your lower arm... Does anyone know a good one that actually works?

Thanks,
<TVB>Potaot-VS-

Last edited by SpeCies on Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one thing i remember from gym is tog et a bar, get a weight whatever one you are comfortable with, and tie a piece of rope to the weight long enough so that it sits on the groud barely when your arms are extended, then roll the bar up, till the weight touches, then back down... do this a lot! keeping your arms straight out from your body

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some weights and a bay to try what shovel said (though Ill go out and get a better bar) and Ill also look for those TheraBands that species mentioned. Thanks guys.

PS chan you sick and twisted wierdo .

<TVB>Potato-VS-
SpeCies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kung-fu grip will lead to a hairy palm

Potato-VS- wrote:
PS chan you sick and twisted wierdo . <TVB>Potato-VS-

Dahak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what is called 7's. You can use free weights for this. start with your arms by your side, and lift only with your wrists 7 times. Next use your arm and lift only 45 degrees 7 times. After that 90 degrees (half way of a full rep) 7 times, and finally a full rep 7 times.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spank the monkey in reps of 5 sets of 10....

that speedy mouse whip will get that arm buff in no time
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To build up your forearms, you'll need to do wrist curls of any fashion. Make sure you switch it up and do both pronated and supinated orientation to work all the muscle groups. I'll also do preacher curls with a palms-down grip, which works your forearms and biceps.

Grip squeeze exercises do affect your forearms, but not very much. Mostly they work out your palm and finger muscles.
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeCies wrote:
the kung-fu grip will lead to a hairy palm

Potato-VS- wrote:
PS chan you sick and twisted wierdo . <TVB>Potato-VS-

Ahh dosen't work so well you have to switch arms and some aren't as "skilled" with their left as right
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizanked wrote:
the one thing i remember from gym is tog et a bar, get a weight whatever one you are comfortable with, and tie a piece of rope to the weight long enough so that it sits on the groud barely when your arms are extended, then roll the bar up, till the weight touches, then back down... do this a lot! keeping your arms straight out from your body

Yep I would recommend that you can use a short piece of a broom handle or whatever about a foot long.Then just twist with both hands "rolling" the rope up and down.5 or 10 lbs. should be good to start with.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: