FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Suggestions for TV7?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Suggestions for TV7? Reply with quote

I am looking to get more use out of the private server. I am looking to you guys to find out what needs to be done to get some use out of it. BTW making it a public server is not an option here. I am leasing the server and to make it public costs about 4 times more than to keep it private.

I am open to all suggestions. I may not be able to all that is suggested but if you think of it then please bring it up. If we can't get some use from it then I may as well be putting that money back into the Ville in other ways.

Suggestions I am looking for here would be map rotation, access right, new plugins, even password.

God Bless You Blue Ruler

Last edited by Bright Red Nipples on Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an idea u could have it so that friendly fire is on it would make it more realistic (and i would like to kill kam a few times with the butstock when hes on my team or even master so that we can see who is really better)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you and your butt....maybe enable disco mode...or some fun amxmod type thingies...host special low graviety nights, or come and glow a certain color night.

powder
SpeCies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about making it a Non-Steam server It's not as if we need Won to have it up and in operation right ? Somebody correct me I am wrong
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have to auth through won or steam, so if it wasn't a steam server and won died completely then no one could connect.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it I understand.. Damn where is my Kali Account <-click the link

Violent Pacifist wrote:
People have to auth through won or steam, so if it wasn't a steam server and won died completely then no one could connect.

Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeCies wrote:
How about making it a Non-Steam server It's not as if we need Won to have it up and in operation right ? Somebody correct me I am wrong

The server was updated automatically by the server owners. About all I could do was relay the information letting everybody know when it was going to happen .

So far I am liking the suggestions I am getting. All of those are possible, except for the WON idea unfornately. I will look into adding some plugins possibly this weekend time permitting. I was also thinking of giving some more access there to everyone. Maybe giving access to amx_slap for a week and seeing how that goes .

Keep the ideas coming

God Bless You Blue Ruler
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blood plugin, those guys jumping off the church would make quite a mess with it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood plugin is lame...
Too much blood with it.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you give everyone Admin_Slap it will be fun for a week or so and then pretty much get in the way due to abuse/over-use. Maybe turning it into a basic HL Death match server would be an idea to think about ?

Have you thought about using your server as a host to multiple engines ?
There are so many mods just as, or if not better than those for Half-Life Brn.

For example-

Mods based on the Q3 Engine>

1) Navy-Seals

2)Quake Fortress

3)Urban Terror *Awesome

4)Art of War For those of you who like Natural Selection you are sure to enjoy this team based mod.

5)True Combat

6)Western Quake 3 Yeee Haw.. Cool !

Other Warfare Games

Medal of Honor Just as good as Day of Defeat if not better.

I just think that the problem with sever attendance is the variety of mods that are out that are just as fun as those for Half-Life. Just some ideas to think about

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
SpeCies wrote:

The server was updated automatically by the server owners. About all I could do was relay the information letting everybody know when it was going to happen .

So far I am liking the suggestions I am getting. All of those are possible, except for the WON idea unfornately. I will look into adding some plugins possibly this weekend time permitting. I was also thinking of giving some more access there to everyone. Maybe giving access to amx_slap for a week and seeing how that goes .

Keep the ideas coming

Turbo!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a suggenstion that will probably not be very popular.

how about adding some bots? i mean its hella boring so sit around on an empty server doing nothing. and theres even less chance of someone coming along since its a private server.

anyway, just my 2 cents

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say anything to make dod more exciting, such as the blood plugin or any other things that would make it more than just dod. something wild and fun. i mean whackem night was a hit cause it was different. maybe something like that. just make to give us a different kind of dod experience.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you put the pass in the server name so its really easy to join? a regular HL dm server for a little bit would be cool too, once in a while i can play in in school in the classes with computers when thers no teacher and someone recently snuck HL onto the network somewhere ;>
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turbo! wrote:
i have a suggenstion that will probably not be very popular.

how about adding some bots? i mean its hella boring so sit around on an empty server doing nothing. and theres even less chance of someone coming along since its a private server.

anyway, just my 2 cents

BRN what are the costs of passworded server verses non passworded

Being that it has to be passworded the only hope is for the regs to use it and maybe the bots would do that to some degree. No newcomers will try since they have no idea what password is.

I tried the custom map night but that flopped so aside from special events I'm lost
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a really random map rotation where you don't know what map is next.

Do they have an amx plugin that does votes to change the gravity, or you could just give everyone (or just members) access to the gravity command if it works.

Also, do they have a roll the dice plugin for amx where you can say roll the dice and get a random thing like noclip or slap.

Those are just some of my ideas, I'll come back if I think or more.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: