FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Excessive killing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jooce.M

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just post a complaint on the message board and merf will reinstate your ip on the servers. I've been banned already and merf brought me back cuz they looked at the demo's of me and realized i do not hax. I know you aint hackin'. Played you many a time and can tell you do not hack.

Jooce.M
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jooce.M wrote:
Just post a complaint on the message board and merf will reinstate your ip on the servers. I've been banned already and merf brought me back cuz they looked at the demo's of me and realized i do not hax. I know you aint hackin'. Played you many a time and can tell you do not hack.

Jooce.M

Correction. Place the complaint in the Complaint Department and they will consider your case on a case by case basis.

A recommendation is to not run a slander/libel campaign against any of the admins if you hope to get reinstated.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jooce.M wrote:

Jooce.M

Not talking about Neo here, but if somebody is using an anti-recoil or anti-movement effect, that is something you won't easily detect.

I remember running around on HLDM, having headshots while running, something you are not supposed to do in DOD, well not consistently anyway. However, several people are amazingly not affected too much by movement when shooting with the enfield.... But how can you prove that? Not possible, since the xhair is on the target.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:
I remember running around on HLDM, having headshots while running, something you are not supposed to do in DOD, well not consistently anyway. However, several people are amazingly not affected too much by movement when shooting with the enfield.... But how can you prove that? Not possible, since the xhair is on the target.

Paddyjack you seem to know an awful lot about these hacks ..... hmmmm.

hmmmm..

HaXoR!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neokuku wrote:

Good luck playing DoD and hopefully we'll meet again in HALO.

w00t halo:) ya man..now i know y u own me played for 6 hrs yesterday...though the huricane kinda kept me inside
Jooce.M

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well unless you guys have some sort of demo showing he's cheating, I see no reason for him being banned. I've seen tons of people who's skills meet and exceed his so I dont know what the comotions about anyway
Jooce.M

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:

arent you able to spectate him in 1st person to see the recoiless shooting?
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jooce.M wrote:
Paddyjack wrote:

arent you able to spectate him in 1st person to see the recoiless shooting?

unfortunately it is not as easy as just spectating someone, especially since not everyone can enter spec mode. But for those who can spec, it is hard to see where bullets land on the target. But if you spec the person long enough, and they don't know that you are specing them, then you can probably see if they are using a hack. But long enough could mean 10+ minutes.

But usually those who are hacking (and are smart about it) will take notice when someone is in spec mode and will stop or tone down their cheating.

Of course, there are other reasons for someone to be banned. Here is a short list, but does not include everything:
1. hacking
2. using scripts
3. poor language
4. continually insulting the admins
5. verbally abusing other players over the microphone (remember this is not logged)
6. textually abusing other players (such as "This team is a bunch of losers", "I am the only one on this team doing anything", etc.)
7. Spawn camping
8. blocking the exits of your team's spawn
9. making any reference to how bad shockwave is (This is not a bannable offense, just a good rule for life)
10. making a nuisance of yourself

I think that neo should just continue this conversation with the admins and leave other players out of it. So for me, this is the last post I am making in reference to this event.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, tell us a bit more about "How to be smart when cheating" Shock so that way we all know what to look for. Hmmmmmm

Quote:
But usually those who are hacking (and are smart about it) will take notice when someone is in spec mode and will stop or tone down their cheating.
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave wrote:

6. textually abusing other players (such as "This team is a bunch of losers", "I am the only one on this team doing anything", etc.)

that one really pisses me off. when people do that i get angry. you dont want to see me when i get angry....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
textually

Shock, you should be banned for using that word.

You are all wrong. We all know the true way to spot hax is to simply watch Frag for a few minutes.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as Steam is mandatory discussion like these will disappear, for the most part.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omgshovelyouinthebutt? wrote:
As soon as Steam is mandatory discussion like these will disappear, for the most part.

how so?
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omgshovelyouinthebutt? wrote:

Unfortunatly my friend, I heard it is not so

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when were scripts illegal?

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: