FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Third Time's a Charm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Third Time's a Charm Reply with quote

Well, for the third year in a row, I have been passed over for promotion. I actually expected this, as I am now so far senior it makes more sense for them to just boot me out of the marines and cut their losses. I mean, who wants to promote the ONLY Sgt Arab/Persian linguist in the Marine Corps who has been to both Afghanistan and Iraq? Who would really want to promote a guy who put his own health on the line by volunteering when he shouldn't have even been allowed to carry a pack? What kind of idiot promotes someone who cares more about doing his job than going home first? Why would anyone be stupid enough to promote someone who has been decorated in not one, but two combat zones? Seriously, who would be dumb enough to advance someone who has been decorated by the Ambassador to Afghanistan? Obviously, the MarineCorps is not any of those things I just described.

GG Marines, that's why I love you.

Semper Fi,

P.S. If there's another war zone that I'm needed in, you can go ask my replacement to volunteer, cause I'm done.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What grade are you now?

Sorry to hear this Azrael.

I hope this works out for you.

Semper Fi Mac.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:<

people suck

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roof, I'm still a Sgt. The Staff selection board came out yseterday after work.

The only thing that super ticks me off is that I've volunteered for every shit deployment that has ever come down the pipe. I mean seriously, I went to East Timor FFS. The other side of the coin is that I've seen so many people who have never doen anything, the kind of people who have all the time in the world to just sit around and finish their education points, or do alot of PT so they have really good scores, get promoted way past me simply because I made one lousy mistake three years ago. The worst part is I know I'm not the only one this happens to. My good friend mike, who is alot like me, just bigger, has had the same thing happen to him, just not as often as me.

This is part of the reason I'm getting out. I'm tired of seeing people who would shit themselves the first time they got shot at get promoted and have other people's lives in their hands. I'm tired of seeing people whose only asset is a nice ass or set of tits (and don't think I'm being sexist, it's a stereotype for a reason, I have seen it far too much to discount it) get promoted when they didn't know the first thing about their job. There's this person I know who has been transferred around 6 times in the last 6 months over at ft Gordon, and she can't figure out why. Yet this person is up for gunny this year, when I came in 9 months before her, and was promoted to Sgt a year before her.

I'm tired of feeling like I'm the only one in my peer group who volunteered when they had a valid reason for not going. We had people out there who started complaining the day we got off ship! I thought it was a great day, I mean hell, I didn't have to be on a stupid rusty tugboat anymore.

Anyways, I'll get off my soapbox now, I just needed to rant for a bit I think.
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear it Azrael...

You know working in the "real" world wont be so much different at times.

That's why it so important to get an education so you can be in the driver seat at least some of the time.

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
SpeCies

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good example of what my dad and I were just talking about concerning the way the vietnam vets were crapped upon after that conflict ended.Our government will never change, they will use people for what they can get out of them and to hell with you after they're done with you regardless of the service that you provided in the military. I don't know what you done three years ago that might be keeping you from being promoted AZ ?

You could of stormed Iraq with a band of Grateful Dead potheads, Armed with BB-Guns, Teaching the entire country to speak Ebonics with a southern draw, if the rest of your record is lacking the basic requirements as this article states then this may be your problem

Have you tried talking with your branch of services "Enlisted Career Counseling and Evaluation Unit" in Quantico, VA i? Click Here

Contact Career Services here
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: