FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
steam petition.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:31 am    Post subject: steam petition. Reply with quote

http://www.petitiononline.com/nosteam/petition.html
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed it.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Mulder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Signed it.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulder wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:
Signed it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

signed it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go smoke some more crack.

Steam coppies as many files as possible from your current HL install so the unfair to 56k er thing is BS. Steam was designes to help 56k'ers.

Man for computer people you all sure dont like change, You bought tfc 3 years ago valge gave you many free addons, and mod's they owe you nothing.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao you go smoke some more crack guy We have a right not to like something k thx.We paid for the game like anyone else so STFU I am glad someone is hacking them stupid frogs #Fist

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAFT wrote:
Go smoke some more crack.

Steam coppies as many files as possible from your current HL install so the unfair to 56k er thing is BS. Steam was designes to help 56k'ers.

Man for computer people you all sure dont like change, You bought tfc 3 years ago valge gave you many free addons, and mod's they owe you nothing.

You know shaft, then show me. I was just stating what I read, not anything else. Thats why I said to let me know when its up and running. If you like it the good for you, I dont. To help 56kers, ok...Tell me what they are doing exactly that HELPS a person on 56K besides updates happening constantly instead of at once in a great while. From what I gathered its going to download the .exe everytime, not look for what you have.

I dont mind change but the ass backwards way of unbanning everyone is absolutely moronic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bada your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
Bada Bing wrote:
We have a right not to like something k thx.
Yes your right you have every right in the world to not like something you know very little about and have not even tried.
Bada Bing wrote:
We paid for the game like anyone else so STFU
OMG I didnt realise valve was comming to your house to take your HL CD away....You paid for HL, play it all you want. ALso I'm pretty sure that along with your right to not like something I have to right to point out that your reasons for not liking it are well....ignorant
Bada Bing wrote:
I am glad someone is hacking them stupid frogs #Fist
Its comments like this that make no sence that makes me think maybe your are hitting the pipe
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

500mb?! I don't know if I should sign that though.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i dont really care. i dont know enough to worry about liking it or disliking it. so i'll just move on and use it. i hope after awhile everyone will get over the change and continue to have fun playing the games.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bada Bing wrote:
lmao you go smoke some more crack guy We have a right not to like something k thx.We paid for the game like anyone else so STFU I am glad someone is hacking them stupid frogs #Fist

They aren't being hacked, their site is getting thousands of hits per second. It is posts like these that wish there was an ignore feature on this forum.
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuLiShA wrote:
Bada Bing wrote:

They aren't being hacked, their site is getting thousands of hits per second. It is posts like these that wish there was an ignore feature on this forum.

That says alot for the future of steam. They cant keep thier site up.
Darkath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG Shaft and Bada arguing over a program

To Shaft:

SHAFT wrote:
they owe you nothing.

Well they don't 'owe' us anything, but we support their company by buying their game, so I think if the people REALLY don't like Steam, then Valve should not use it.

To Bada:

Bada Bing wrote:
lmao you go smoke some more crack guy We have a right not to like something k thx.We paid for the game like anyone else so STFU I am glad someone is hacking them stupid frogs

If you're angry, don't post first of all...

...and second, don't judge something you haven't tried. If you have, then you have every right to complain

^^^ Clicky
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Steam game, when played on a LAN or otherwise, requires that each individual client be able to authenticate via the Internet

At a LAN party, this means that Internet access must be available to every machine on which Steam games are being played.

(thats going to be mighty nice)

yay, NOT!

At large events, it will be necessary for each attendee to let their games fully update before attending to avoid taxing the shared internet connection with too much content delivery.

yay, NOT!

Do I have to be connected to the Internet when I play Steam games?

The short answer is yes.

So, if your net goes dead, no playing with bots till it comes back.

yay, NOT!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: