FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
STATS: Frags Per Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jooce.M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also remember that the rank in stats is not going to go up because of a Frags per minute or Caps per minute... its just a collection of stats kind of like Kill : Death ratio...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jooce.M wrote:
also remember that the rank in stats is not going to go up because of a Frags per minute or Caps per minute... its just a collection of stats kind of like Kill : Death ratio...

It is just another stat that would help those who are stat h00rs (remember I am reformed), to try to excell at so they can think to themselves that they are better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the whole ranking system in the stats should be thrown out, that way we wouldn't have to worry about any of this, what's it worth to you to be the best at a game? Seriously, play to have fun. You didnt buy this game to impress little kids with your railgun now did ya? Rather than railgun the hell out of the other team take the time to help your team mates advance other areas, teach them what to do, teach them how to play even. Theres more to this game than killing..... did i just say that? Yeah i think i did, anyway, gettign te picture? Me and shocky will be here allllll night if need be.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just would like see the people who actually push to get more kills/caps rather than sit back and snipe.
Not wanting to name names but an example would be like:

+SPANK+mehard

he generally snipes and doesnt move much. I generally have 3x more kills than he does and the same with caps. His Stats are higher & his kill:Death ratio is higher... I'd like to see something that justifies that I dont sit on my arse waiting around for someone to walk by to shoot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, once again i find myself shaking my head. This is a "team based game" kills is NOT the most important part of the game. His sniping helped advance our team on Caen so we could cap and win, MG's (most of them) set up in places helpful for the team. In order to advance you dont rush like hell waving your gun around, u need to advance, secure, then proceed with caution. Snipers and MG's that advance do NOT get all the kills in the world and don't get all the glory that the guy who caps the flag gets. He's like oh yeah i win i rox!!! 133777!!!!//// Yeah ok but how did you get there? I'd like to see you play against an enitre team of allies by yourself, you will find you missed that MG sniper coverage more than ever...
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jooce.M wrote:
I just would like see the people who actually push to get more kills/caps rather than sit back and snipe.
Not wanting to name names but an example would be like:

+SPANK+mehard

he generally snipes and doesnt move much. I generally have 3x more kills than he does and the same with caps. His Stats are higher & his kill:Death ratio is higher... I'd like to see something that justifies that I dont sit on my arse waiting around for someone to walk by to shoot.

Why are you so worried about stats? I find it alot less boring to just run around shoointg/stabbing people than to sit in one spot. The only somewhat true indicater that you are actually helping your team is the number of flags that you cap for them. I have had some great moves where I shot no one but capped 3 important flags and died on the last one. Even though I didn't kill anyone I helped my team win the round.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Why are you so worried about stats?

I'm a stat wh0r3 and i've played quake my whole life

i dont know why you guys have a stats page if you're complaining about stat wh0r3s
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jooce.M wrote:
Quote:

Why are you so worried about stats?

I'm a stat wh0r3 and i've played quake my whole life

i dont know why you guys have a stats page if you're complaining about stat wh0r3s

Whatever

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are more concerned with stat whores that want more stuff to look at to please themselves when no ones looking. We would appreciate the Ville admins banning mroe stat whores if it were a rule, i wish it was, then we wouldnt have such discussions, eh? It's quite irritating to have to drive home a point so hard, and it is quite obvious you are more concerned with yourself than anything else so i'll see if i can connec this way.

You suck without your teammates, you are another piece of meat in the eyes of an enemy sniper because without your buddies he's got only you to worry about and you are going to end up on someones mantle with a big plaque that reads "Jooce, stat whore without a team, and without a clue."

Play random, help your team, look at the pretty colors on the wall, but please don't continue a discussion in such a manner that every serious gamer has to look at you like you are a fool.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave wrote:
Quote:
Not to be totally negative, here is my idea. Get the flag capping stats to work (I heard that they are broken) would get people to rush more and take more risks.

Good point Shockwave, I think this would promote a bit more TEAM WORK.

Some maps I cap and some I camp, Its just the way I have my FUN.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people rush less because they are not as good running and shooting accurately...

Just a thought.

Oh, and Shock is right, flags should award points, apart than that, i don't see the point.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:
Shock is right

Did Paddyjack just say that I am right? Wow - Sept 8, 2003 shall be a day remembered.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omgshovelyouinthebutt? wrote:
please don't continue a discussion in such a manner that every serious gamer has to look at you like you are a fool.

Thats a joke right?
Jooce.M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also dont understand why you guys think teamwork is so important in a public server. I'd understand this if you guys were doing Clan Play but on a pub, very little teamwork is the norm. I'd love to play on a clan but time does not permit. I just find it entertaining to see people like shovelmybutt get upset if someone suggests something for stats. That is all, carry on.
Seele_Kriecher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude max power props to the britney sig! lol
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: