FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
STATS: Frags Per Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jooce.M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: STATS: Frags Per Hour Reply with quote

We need a FPH. I think it would be pretty cool. You could then see who just sits there and camps and who actually rushes.

What do you guys think?
merf
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to change your sig....no?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad idea. Stats like that encourage stat h00rs, which does not help your team out in dod.

Also, campers are part of the game. Snipers don't have a crosshair unscoped for a reason (though it isn't too hard to find out where it would lie). MG's can't fire accuratly when not deployed for a reason. If no one camped, capping a map would be as easy as pie.

That being said, if everyone camps, then no one is going to win. Some people need to realize when to move up or when to camp, even the MG's and snipers. Being an offensive sniper is extremely helpful, and having an MG set up on the very front line helps everyone move up so you can make sure you have secured the area.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Bad idea. Stats like that encourage stat h00rs, which does not help your team out in dod.

Also, campers are part of the game. Snipers don't have a crosshair unscoped for a reason (though it isn't too hard to find out where it would lie). MG's can't fire accuratly when not deployed for a reason. If no one camped, capping a map would be as easy as pie.

That being said, if everyone camps, then no one is going to win. Some people need to realize when to move up or when to camp, even the MG's and snipers. Being an offensive sniper is extremely helpful, and having an MG set up on the very front line helps everyone move up so you can make sure you have secured the area.

Bingo VP I echo your reply.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am in agreement with Vp also, although it was a good idea, but just would not work. Now with that being said, lets all stair at Britney now

Keeper of the Peace
www.ubermax.com
Jooce.M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MErf wrote:
Time to change your sig....no?

Indeed... cept im still banned from IV
Jooce.M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:

You dont think stats altogether do this as well? Its just adding another stat. I think I might encourage people to camp less and push forward which is the point isnt it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i like to have good stats but i mostly play for fun. and play to have the most whacks total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jooce.M wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:

You dont think stats altogether do this as well? Its just adding another stat. I think I might encourage people to camp less and push forward which is the point isnt it?

Maybe if it were hourly caps or something, but you said frags. Generally, a camping mg wil get more frags than an advancing rifle, especially if they're both of the same skill level. And once again, camping is part of the game and forever will be. Having some people camping your back flags is a good thing.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Jooce.M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Jooce.M wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:

Maybe if it were hourly caps or something, but you said frags. Generally, a camping mg wil get more frags than an advancing rifle, especially if they're both of the same skill level. And once again, camping is part of the game and forever will be. Having some people camping your back flags is a good thing.

Why not both? i dont think either one will hurt anything
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jooce.M wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:

Jooce, I am the number one reformed stat h00r.

Back in my prime I was able to snipe 59 people with only 1 death, I say this not to brag but to prove a point. In one 30-minute session, a camper could get 2 kills per minute while most of those rushing would get less than 1.

FPM would only promote those who enjoy beefing up their stats and would not help get people to camp less.

Not to be totally negative, here is my idea. Get the flag capping stats to work (I heard that they are broken) would get people to rush more and take more risks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy rushing, my score is the result of my tactics, and praying to god someone will save me from the MG so i can stop jumping around in the middle of the street.

I don't agree with the FPH, i do think it will encourage more camping and less team play because it's everyman for himself. I enjoy the daily awards and seeing my stats and how i improve, if you play the game with only the Kar and get 10,000 kills i hope your having fun because it sounds pretty lame. Try random,a nd try working with your team.

Having fun and doing your best will result in the best scores, as long as you can accomplish that winning will take care of itself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I feel that campers dont frag/cap very often at all... I rush and kill as fast as possible to get to the flags. Check my history and you'll notice most of my kills are seconds away from eachother for the most part. I've never had a camper out frag/cap me. So I'm not quite understanding how you guys are thinking otherwise.
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jooce.M wrote:
Hmm... I feel that campers dont frag/cap very often at all... I rush and kill as fast as possible to get to the flags. Check my history and you'll notice most of my kills are seconds away from eachother for the most part. I've never had a camper out frag/cap me. So I'm not quite understanding how you guys are thinking otherwise.

I agree that a camper will not out cap you if you are rushing. But I have seen/done it plenty of times where the camper out frags everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jooce.M wrote:

You have completely missed the whole point, just because YOU don't camp doesnt mean others aren't going to. They are going to want the best K/D ratio and ive seen MG campers on Kalt outscore everyone many times before. It's jsut a bad idea all around, keep to the stats you have now and keep the balance, or what's left of it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: