FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forest Fire Disaster

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Forest Fire Disaster Reply with quote

In case some of you haven't heard up here in British Columbia Canada we have the worst fire season in 60 yrs. No one has been killed yet but thousands of people evacuated and lots of homes already burnt to the ground. I live a few hours from the big ones but even at that right here in my home town every day a fire breaks out, so far so good they have been able to contain them but what about tomorrow. Yes we are all scared.
There are about 800 burning, 5 of which are major in size. Try imagine a forest fire more than 100 square miles in size and growing. Large pine trees that burn up in a matter of seconds and flames 500 feet in the air. Weather forcast, chance of a shower this weekend other than that hot and dry for at least 10 days. Firemen can't put them out and have to wait for the rain to do it. That means at least 5 days of solid rain. Lots of homes already destroyed and now the historic Kettle Valley Railway tressles are dame near gone.

Check out the link and be sure to go into photo gallery.

http://www.castanet.net/

Last edited by Blue Ruler on Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that sucks.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Whatever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Blue, I hope things get better very soon.

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how quick those things take off and get out of control. A picture does tell a thousand words. I hope you and your family make it thru this without and incidents.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the ultimate weapon for putting out the forest fire that us canadians have alot of: Tim Horton's coffee! Yea it sucks hope it does end up raining alot.

<TVB>Potato-VS-
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Blue get any sleep last night.

Things like this can add "pressure" in the household.

Be sure to keep talking and not let the pressure get to everyone.

Your in our thoughts...
remember that its the pictures that are missed after a fire and all other possessions can be replaced.

Take care

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_-=Did It Hurt=-_ wrote:
remember that its the pictures that are missed after a fire and all other possessions can be replaced.

Take care

That's true Blue, remember to grab the photo albums first. Although I never lost any to a fire, I've lost more than I can count due to my comp crashing, and most were ones I'd never printed out, so they're gone forever.

And remember, keep the car gassed up, and the hose sitting on the roof (preferably attached to a sprinkler on the roof). It just might be enough to keep the roof from catching, at least that's what folks round my parts do when there's a brush fire.

Most of all be careful though. Forest fires have a mind of their own and a hunger that finds houses appetizing. If it starts coming your way, don't wait around hoping it'll turn away. Just get out.
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea blue its is amazing i have freinds who were evacuated and had to live in his parents garage with his pregnant wife. not to memtion if it does not rain soon and lots vancouver will run out of water in what is it now less than forty days at thier estimates. crazy times here on the not so wet west coast

RIP- BlueRuler
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smegma wrote:
yea blue its is amazing i have freinds who were evacuated and had to live in his parents garage with his pregnant wife. not to memtion if it does not rain soon and lots vancouver will run out of water in what is it now less than forty days at thier estimates. crazy times here on the not so wet west coast

My brother is a paramedic at the Kelowna fire. He's been on TV a few times and knows 3 families that lost there homes. Fortunately he lives in Peachland on the other side of Okanagan Lake so they should be OK. The fire chief did tell him to pack what they needed just in case. His wifes parents live in Okanaga Falls and were also evacuatd they other day but they are alright now as well.

I think all the ville patrons should get together and have one hell-of-a rain dance. Are you all ready. And a 1 and a 2 and a jiggy jiggy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: