FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tips for a noob
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulcan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Tips for a noob Reply with quote

I just finished dling dod, I wanted to see if it has gotten much better than the betas(must be with so many players). I was wanting some tips so I don't get killed within 10 seconds of respawning like what happened to me before.
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duck or prone will give you more accuracy while shooting.

don't hang around the same spot all the time

The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On small city maps (avalanche, donner, flash) use automatic weapons like the Thompson and STG44. On large open maps (caen, forest, charlie) use the rifles for better accuracy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Piat!
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side step, look for any discoloration in windows, dark areas, and anything that looks abnormal, shoot at it. If u stop for even a second, your sniper fodder. Grenadier, STG 44, and Thompson are the weapons of choice in my opinion... and always use your grenades.

If your an ally....

On Avalanche watch for snipers in the windows/church, watch the stairs when u enter the house for MG/Camperz (Clay Pigeon ) Jumping out of the second floor window is a great way to ambush the rushing axis. Beware the open hole at the base of the church where snipers and MG like to camp, nade it as u go out.

On kalt ALWAYS USE THE SEWS IF U CAN, alot of poeple neglect this and they are flanked/or roxed on because they just dont give a damn. Wath for MG/Snipers in the windows ALWAYS, if u forget your dead. When u come to the bridge, dont look around the corner, throw your grenade at the very edge of where the bridge starts to arch, and the nade will actually roll to the top of the bridge and explode, its the eprfect bridge nade. Dont camp on the bridge, settung up an MG in an enemy house increases your teams chance of advancing, just watch the doors near the wheel house.

On Donner, Abuse the hell out fo the church is what i always tell people, because it is actually hard to bag a sniper that moves/ducks. Just be careful you aren't counter sniped. Watch the hosue to the immediate left of the tank people like to hide int eh doorway, always watch the bunker, try to flank it becasue head on is suicide. Watch the left back ally behidn the houses it's a good axis advancing point, and try to sue it to take the axis flags because it's not too commonly used, and MG/SNipers dont like to camp tehre because they are stat whores so just flank em.

On Anzio, go up the rope, and cut through the house on your immediate left, and fire out the window, depending on teh guys graphics card/monitor he cant see crap coming so hes bagged. Or up the rope and continue forward nading the small passageway to the middle flag usually killing an axis, try to get to the house passed the plaza flag and flank any sniper/MGs watching out for the same poeple at the top of the inclined street. The bridge is a toughy too, try to just go hardcore is what i suually do, jump out the window or run like hell, if u wait, u will be snipd or grenaded. Hit the deck and crawl to it. THen jump into the window of the bridge house and kill them, trying to go around the bridge house is a bad idea. Then work your way through teh back passage ways to the last flag.

On Flash, rush like hell witha grenade, throw it at the house just before you turn and look down the main street, run up the stairs and throw it over the last axis sandbag, then run like hell into the arch way at the two story building, prime another nade and toss it, run into the building to your left watching for any axis, then run through the building and jump out the window flanking any axis still looking down the main street. Hope someone on your team gets the field axis flag or instead of taking the last flag take it yourself. Always watch for MG/Snipers in teh windows, such a common thing. Watch for axis on the left/right of basically every side of the map, and once again do not stop.

On Caen, i say rush the plaza and work your way up by crouching against the bank thats to the right of the horse. Picking off the axis team one by one, and throwing nades at your own preference. When u get to the axis plaza flag you are more than likely going to become under fire from the axis second flag snipers, they hide in a blown out building int eh top right corner, very hard to see and even harder to kill. Use the fire and electric ally ways as much as u can not only for advancing but from keeping the nazers from advancing. Alot of ally snipers love to camp the buildings at spawn, never, ever, ever do this. It is so easy to waste those snipers with a kar, and you are doing jack for your team.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an axis...

On Avalanche the best thing you can do is go RIGHT, go past your first flag and hug the wall to your left, when u get to the last set of sandbages before you hit the archway, throw the nade and pick it up, then turn the corner and bank it off the wall so it actually swings out to the left of the allies (mostly kills those alleis going for the church) and then run on the right side hugging the wall, jump over the hunk of junk so u are looking down at the allies first flag (usually there will be allies hiding to your immideate left looking away from u) so just kill em. Going through the house always be aware of the sounds u here, and always check the windows for enemy snipers/mg mostly near there second flag. Jumping out the window onto the allies first flag is usually the fad, but alot of snipers love just camping and waiting for u to do so, so your on your own for judgement. Usually i tell somewhat to go first and if they die i just run away.

On Kalt, nade the bridge the same as u were told on allies, and take advantage of the sewers, also something not mentioned before, use the wheel house (get ontop of the boxes) and u can see one of the allies doors and just pick em off at yor pleasure (kind of a noob thing but hey, if your bored, i do it too sometimes ) The axis taking over the ally house always seems to be like the "main objective" for some reason, everyone congrigates there (thats a word right?) And when u get to the ally house and you turn the corner to look at there second flag there will usually be some ally campers, so throw your nades so they hug the right wall, but dont hit the houses or they are nerfed.

On donner, rush teh tank. Nade the brim to the left where the allies will come around, and hit the deck. If the allies ever take the bunker, there is a very easy way to get them out of there, but it involves killing yourself, prime a nade as u have done many times before, and turn the corner and throw the nade inside the bunker door, its very hard to do and takes alot of practice but it can be done. Use the windows for sniping and keep the tower clear, spawn camping is a huge thing on donner when one team is winning so watch for that hidden MG/Sniper. Hide int eh houses, and snipe out the windows, keep them pinned.

On Anzio, go left at spawn and take another at the ramp, you will end up in a small dark room with a opening, looking through the opening u can see the middle flag. With the right arch u can bank it off the far end of the wall of the bridge so it roll past the sandbag. Or, run up the axis ramp past the first flag, prime a nade when u get to the door leading into the small room to the middle flag, and throw it at kidna at the ally window, not so it goes in, but so it banks off and kills allies trying to turn the corner on the street. Jump in the water and go up the ramp, then run to the plaza and flank. Usually i go into the bakery, through the little hole and shovel some allies in the butt. U can nade the bell tower with the right arc on your grenade. Use the sewers to your advantage.

On flash, if u are the FIRST person then u run to the sandbag and u throw your nades over the staircae at the far house, if your not the first or not even close to being the first, do NOT, i repeat DO NOT try to nade the allies, when u are all bunched up all it takes is one grenade to go flying over the sandbag and you're screwed. I dont personally like to use the house, stay to the right and go past the sandbag and RUN into the arch way all the way to the back wall, then crouch and move out sniping allies that come around there first flag area. Very Effective. Move it up watching the left, but make sure they arent in the second story of the house, or you be dead.

On Caen, rush the plaza, and try to get into the peach building on the right side of the horse and set up shop. Throw out nades, get up on the roof and snipe. Use electric ally, watch for snipers above tehre second flag and throw andes at there first one. Try to use the house across from electric ally too (right when u get out of elec all and to your left is a staircase if the walls blown down, to your right is there 2nd flag, run straight across and use that house as shelter/advancing. Keep a sharp eye for camping allies ont aht map because it's jsut the way the map was made i guess :\

well sir a few closing thoughts taht apply to both teams, ALWAYS RUN FOR THE LAST FLAG, well, if no ones around. If u see a guy guarding the last flag, and hes not paying u any mind, screw him, take the flag. Yur teams counting on u. DOnt bea stat whore and camp your first flag, help your team.

This is like everything i do, and i know, so if that doesnt help, dont play DOD
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

write a book omg.....................butt
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and aim high. I usually don't do that very well, and will shoot a guy a couple of times without killing him while he shoots me in the head.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
[Focus]beNNer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out for [Focus] LUNT camping in a spot near u
[NoClan]Lunt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont you mean []Lunt???????
Ryal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comming from a grenadier h00r, I'd say grenadier is the best shooter in the entire game, 1 shot 1 kill. Pretty much be alert, you have to reflex people like mad .. you can't wait to take your shots it has to be split second reaction. What I found in dod is most people don't take the shots they have or don't have quick reflexes (all the potheads ). reflex is the main point to dod when u kar h00r. Just work on taking your shots and strafe shooting and you'll be iight
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watch where you going..you never know who's gonna pop up beside you
Jooce.M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay away from my crosshair...

...that is all
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look out or i may you

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO]Master_Chief wrote:
look out or i may you

Geez man! something like 137 kills in the last 7 days with the ... thats crazy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: