FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quite possibly the worst beating evar!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
I don't see what's so great about winning by 500 points. Aren't we supposed to be a TPF community? All this does is rub the losing team's face in it. That is not TPF.

It seems to be the American way of jumping on the winning bandwagon and ride the coatails instead of taking a challenge. Take the easy way out. Even if the winning team was a player short. Some regs should've taken it upon themselves to even the teams when the opportunity was there earlier in the round. If someone would've told me "gg" after my team lost by 500. I woulda been ultra pissed. Saying "gg" after a 500 point win is an insult at best.

Once again i will point out this happened in my first week of playing and i didn't know such scores were rare, i just took screen shots because i thought i was doing good, usually just for myself to see how i progress. If i and anyone else wanted to rub it in the faces of the losing team we could of, but no one on the axis did because it was a well played game, the gg is somewhat of a good sportsmanship saying after every game so i don't see how you are saying it is an insult. And yes, players did switch to the opposing team to try to help them, we won because of "team work", i know it's a hard concept to grasp but this was the result. I posted these scores because know i do know they are hard to come by because even me, believe it or not, will switch teams to help. Me and Shocky have done it a few times rallying back, these scores are rare because teams have become more even, and the games are more low scoring. If you don't want to look at them they are your choice, and your opinions, however shallow they may be, thanks.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
I don't see what's so great about winning by 500 points. Aren't we supposed to be a TPF community? All this does is rub the losing team's face in it. That is not TPF.

It seems to be the American way of jumping on the winning bandwagon and ride the coatails instead of taking a challenge. Take the easy way out. Even if the winning team was a player short. Some regs should've taken it upon themselves to even the teams when the opportunity was there earlier in the round. If someone would've told me "gg" after my team lost by 500. I woulda been ultra pissed. Saying "gg" after a 500 point win is an insult at best.

I think they were just posted for fun, so people can see a somewhat amazing thing, not to rub anything into the losing teams face. And I say GG at the end of every game (When I can), it just means I had fun.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
FragFailure wrote:

I think they were just posted for fun, so people can see a somewhat amazing thing, not to rub anything into the losing teams face. And I say GG at the end of every game (When I can), it just means I had fun.

Wait! I *do* want to rub it into DiH's face though

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:

Err, Frag...you can't switch to a team with more players, and saying that the regulars should have switched earlier in the game doesn't mean anything. It's possible that the teams were even in numbers throughout the whole game. Those pictures don't show anyone riding other's coattails. What those pictures show is that the winning team had a lot more teamwork, possiby because they actually listened to each other, and maybe a bit more skill than the losing team. All it takes is one player to get teamwork going. One person could have planned everything for his teammates, and as long as they listened, they won.
The other team, possibly a less skilled team, though not for sure, might not have had as good teamwork. They might've run around by themselves, getting mowed down by the groups from the other team.
If there was only one person on the winning team giving the orders to victory, do you really think that one person (besides him) switching would help all that much?
There's also the fact that some people on the losing team were saying "gg" back to the winning team :/

All that being said, those are some pretty bad beatings

Thank you for your patronage.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments made by Frag come after a discussion that he and I were having after I read the post and looked at the pics.

I myself find it to be very disturbing to see scores like that. If I am in game and there is no way to get an even match going then I will switch maps. It is no fun to be on the losing team after a beating like that. If I were to be pubbing and played a game like that on the losing team then I doubt I would come back to play there again. That is just embarassing.

Things have changed a lot since those screenshots were taken, thank god. I have seen a couple games get out of control but it seems people are a little more willing to help keep the games even. Our community has benefited because of it. We have seen many new regs around lately. With a trend like we are having now then I see the Ville being around for a long time

God Bless You Blue Ruler
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. My opinions are not "shallow." They do hold some water.

2. The idea that if new players end up on the wrong end of the [stack]tm. That they are less likely to come back. Then you'll have an empty server.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I've never heard of players never coming back to a server because of a bad game, nor have I ever felt that way when I wander over to other servers myself.

The ville HAS been around for a long time, and things like this HAVE happened for as long as I can remember. It never hurt us to a point beyond belief, and it's not going to.

Also, games this bad don't happen every day or anything, but pretending that team stacking or lopsided games have gotten better is stupid. I have been witness to probably a game or more per day that has been stacked/lopsided. Saying that it's not there or complaining against it has never seemed to help the matter. And I honestly don't see it as a problem. One player can stack a team, in any game. The only time team stacking is blatant and can actually pose a predictable problem, is when clans stack on one team. Even then, it's not always a bad game.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things have gotten better than what they were VP. I never said it doesn't happen anymore. All I said is it has gotten better than what it was. I can remember a while back where every game I was in I was trying to get the teams evened out, either by numbers or skill level. Now I can at least get some games in where I don't have to step in. It is a nice change. It still happens but not as frequent.

As for things not affecting the Ville?!? I will not even open up that can of worms

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this turning into an argument? This thread was meant to be for fun.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's arguing??

God Bless You Blue Ruler
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics are about 3 months old, and after that i havent seen a game break 500 that was out of hand, but maybe its not just the players stacking, maybe the maps nerfed? All the big wins ive seen have been on Anzio, its an axis map, like avalanche (greatest map evar).
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree and disagree

avalanche is axis freindly

but anzio i think is allies freindly

RIP- BlueRuler
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smegma wrote:
i agree and disagree

avalanche is axis freindly

but anzio i think is allies freindly

/me agrees

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Nyxtis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is to easy to cap all the way on anzio, more so for the allies. I don't think i've ever played a round where one side didn't side didn't win at least once.
Seele_Kriecher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i think this has gotten WAY out of hand. it was just meant to be a fun thing geez why do we need to get in a hissy fit about it all? as for my opinion on this team stacking business i think that it definately sucks and whenever im on a team thats winning alla time i switch almost every time. o yea and avalanche is only axis friendly when im not playing on allies
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: