FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
shoveling PROB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that knifing experiment did not go very good. I do not know why some wanted to ruin it . But since only a few wanted to shovel at that time I changed the rules back to just playing the game regularly.

We will try again with a different crowd at another time.
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i'm around i wont ruin it. i'll just bring my garand

Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: shoveling PROB Reply with quote

[WgD]Darude wrote:
im not complaining im just letting ppl know that when i was in TV1 a couple of US clan members and some non clan members were ruining the game. we had set up a section in the map where no one would use anything but a shovel or knife and these ppl decided to ruin it for us. the admin even authorized it so we had some fun for a while but these ppl kept coming back and ruining it for us. i know that it may sound like im complaining but since there is no rule for it i have not authority to complain im just letting ppl know that it it was ruining myine adn some other ppls fun. And my train of thought was that TV was all about fun so im just letting ppl know that there are ppl out there for just stats and no fun

thanks again for ur time
and sorry if i sound like im complainging.

Do you mean US-V? I don't know why they would do that, especially people in US-V.

Don't let that ruin it for shovels, though, just try it again some other time maybe on the private server. Just make a post about it and people should see it and join it. I might even try a game of shovel/knives only if I had the chance.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: shoveling PROB Reply with quote

[WgD]Darude wrote:
im not complaining im just letting ppl know that when i was in TV1 a couple of US clan members and some non clan members were ruining the game. we had set up a section in the map where no one would use anything but a shovel or knife and these ppl decided to ruin it for us. the admin even authorized it so we had some fun for a while but these ppl kept coming back and ruining it for us. i know that it may sound like im complaining but since there is no rule for it i have not authority to complain im just letting ppl know that it it was ruining myine adn some other ppls fun. And my train of thought was that TV was all about fun so im just letting ppl know that there are ppl out there for just stats and no fun

thanks again for ur time
and sorry if i sound like im complainging.

I admit that I was there shooting down anyone who charged at me with a shovel. I was the only one from US-V doing it. If they insist in "trying" a shovel-fest, they should ask not demand it of the other players. Since I was not asked to go along with it, (and I was not the only one not just shoveling), I chose to shot anyone who came at me. Just like usual.

I am open to any flames people want to give me for my actions. Either flame me in PMs or here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[WgD]Darude wrote:
as for your idea to make my own server (doesnt go very well max of 10 ppl without it being messed up)

The idea Stevo mentioned was to use TV7 which is a "private server". It is for the regs here at the Ville. Password is accelerated . It is currently running mostly custom maps but that is easily changed if you initiate a mapvote. Go to your console and type admin_vote_map dod_mapname . If you have any questions then you can send me a PM.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[WgD]Darude wrote:
as for your idea to make my own server (doesnt go very well max of 10 ppl without it being messed up)

I was saying you should go to tv7 which has a password to have them there.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mulder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and i quote myself, "It's a public server, kthx."
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulder wrote:
...and i quote myself, "It's a public server, kthx."

Could you elaborate please. I'm not sure what you are saying.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say that if I have a gun and I see a guy with a shovel coming right at me, bang, I'd shoot him. I'm not saying that's what you were doing though, I wasn't there.

Edit: I was talking about DoD btw, not real life.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
I can say that if I have a gun and I see a guy with a shovel coming right at me, bang, I'd shoot him. I'm not saying that's what you were doing though, I wasn't there.

Edit: I was talking about DoD btw, not real life.

Well, I think that even in real life if I was seeing somebody going right at me with a shovel I *may* have to shoot him, yes

PS: that would probably be another of those angry husbands... <sigh>

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u want to run around with a shovel for the game thats your business but don`t whine when u get shot.if i`m playing i don`t care whats in your or anybodys hands i`m shootn ya shootn ya big time and ya if u want shovel matches go to the private server.hell ask somebody to set up a shovel match if u like it so much and see if peeps show up hell talk to the ss squad over ther at us-v

RIP- BlueRuler
OpTlk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smegma wrote:
u want to run around with a shovel for the game thats your business but don`t whine when u get shot.if i`m playing i don`t care whats in your or anybodys hands i`m shootn ya shootn ya big time and ya if u want shovel matches go to the private server.hell ask somebody to set up a shovel match if u like it so much and see if peeps show up hell talk to the ss squad over ther at us-v

what he said...

I wasn't there and dont know all the details involved in this shovel/knife section of whatever map it was, but the way I see it...TV1 is a public server that can be found on any server list(ASE, GSA, etc) and I think if someone finds the server, joins and then finds out that a number of the players aren't doing anything but having a shovel/knife fight(regardless of how much fun it is) they might not return to the server for a real game... I could be wrong, but thats how i see it.

like others have said, make an event post in the DOD or GR forums for a shovel/knife only fight night on TV7 and then there are no worries about gunplay or flags. hell PM Nips and see if he can even disable all guns just to make sure(im not sure this is possible but you can ask)

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JtH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being the member of the shovel squad that i am, i know all about getting shot at while charging with a shovel. i dont care, if i decide to go shoveling i dont care what weapon you have, i will still try and crack your skull like a coconut. it doesnt bother me at all. i know that some people dont like shoveling and they like just shooting, thats fine with me.

also me and shovelnose have been talking for a while about a shovel/knives/buttstock/bayonet game for a long time. we are still working out the details and a good map to do it on. since i see that alot of people would like to go melee i think we will kick it into high gear and get this stuff worked out. keep checking back to the forums and in a few days i will put up info about a shovel/knives/buttstock/bayonet match. i definitally think it would be a good idea. With the turnout for the DoD campaign i had a while back it would be hard to beat. I think, though, with all the melee guys here that i could have an equal if not better turn out for this event.

ill keep ya posted (haha a little pun for ya)

jack
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

die thread die
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: