FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
only in america...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: only in america... Reply with quote

I hope this has not already been posted. the last one and number 9 are my favorites.

1. Only in America ......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
2. Only in America ......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America ......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America ......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

5. Only in America ......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America ......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America ......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America ......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America ......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

10. Only in America ......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

Only in America
1. WILL THE REAL DUMMY PLEASE STAND UP?
AT&T fired President John Walter after nine months, saying he lacked intellectual leadership. He received a $26 million severance package. Perhaps it's not Walter who's lacking intelligence.

2. WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS
Police in Oakland, California spent two hours attempting to subdue a gunman who had barricaded himself inside his home. After firing ten tear gas canisters, officers discovered that the man was standing beside them in the police line, shouting, "Please come out and give yourself up."

3. WHAT WAS PLAN B?
An Illinois man, pretending to have a gun, kidnapped a motorist and forced him to drive to two different automated teller machines, wherein the kidnapper proceeded to withdraw money from his own bank accounts.

4. THE GETAWAY!
A man walked into a Topeka, Kansas Kwik Stop, and asked for all the money in the cash drawer. Apparently, the take was too small, so he tied up the store clerk and worked the counter himself for three hours until police showed up and grabbed him.

5. DID I SAY THAT?
Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect who just couldn't control himself during a lineup. When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words: "Give me all your money or I'll shoot," the man shouted, "That's not what I said!"

6. ARE WE COMMUNICATING?
A man spoke frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart!" "Is this her first child?" the doctor asked. "No!" the man shouted, "This is her husband!"

7. NOT THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED!
In Modesto, California, Steven Richard King was arrested for trying to hold up a Bank of America branch without a weapon. King used a thumb and a finger to simulate a gun, but unfortunately, he failed to keep his hand in his pocket. (hellllllooooooo!)

8. THE GRAND FINALE (I LOVE THIS ONE!!!)
Last summer, down on Lake Isabella, located in the high desert, an hour east of Bakersfield, California, some folks, new to boating, were having a problem. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get their brand new 22 ft. boat going. It was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power was applied. After about an hour of trying to make it go, they putted to a nearby marina, thinking someone there could tell them what was wrong. A thorough topside check revealed everything in perfect working condition. The engine ran fine, the out-drive went up and down, and the prop was the correct size and pitch. So, one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath. He came up choking on water, he was laughing so hard.......

NOW REMEMBER...THIS IS TRUE.........................

Under the boat, Still Strapped securely in place, was the trailer.
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: only in america... Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
Under the boat, Still Strapped securely in place, was the trailer.

Geez Roof, I bet you had a hard time living this one down....Did they make you take the trailer off your boat after that?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Rofl

omg that is great, thanks roof, haha there are some stupid people out there, great laughs.

handicapped parking spot for a skating rink.....heh.

here is one i noticed yesterday:

Only in America.....that across the street of a "heart surgery center" do they put a McDonalds.

i saw it yesterday after visiting my grandpa, right across the road was a McDonalds....i thought that was crazy.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice how a lot of those things happened in Cali??

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Rofl People are so stupid!

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD you know that could not be me I live in southern california, we have no water!
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOFCUTTER wrote:
JD you know that could not be me I live in southern california, we have no water!

Hmmm, I thought San Diego.....Whats that big blue thing just west of you? No, not the sky, lower......
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Doe wrote:
ROOFCUTTER wrote:

Hmmm, I thought San Diego.....Whats that big blue thing just west of you? No, not the sky, lower......

It's only a mirage .. don't be fooled, it does not exist.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Great ROOF!
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Doe wrote:
ROOFCUTTER wrote:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn canucks, heheh

God Bless You Blue Ruler
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very funny, roof.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! #Rofl
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
8. Only in America ......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

This has bothered me for ages.

It is a conspiracy.

The other day I bought a pack of 8 hot dogs and a pack of 12 buns. They were out of the 8 packs!

That is just wrong.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 wrote:
Quote:

This has bothered me for ages.

It is a conspiracy.

The other day I bought a pack of 8 hot dogs and a pack of 12 buns. They were out of the 8 packs!

That is just wrong.

I know thats so stupid!!!! haha
PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well just buy 40 of each and theyll match, or jsut drop some on the floor if you dont feel like wasting money and/or getting horribly obese to make your bun/weenie counts match up heh
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: