FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TFC Team Stacking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THis is why even though I like TFC, i have not played it much....and I am not refering to the team stacking. Every time I turn around you guys are complaining about something. It is getting annoying. You wonder why TFC is dieing? Just listen to your selves and you will know why
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people play here because they enjoy hanging out with their friends. Aliasing basically makes you an unknown to 99% of the people here. So it's no longer about hanging out with friends because no one (who is not and admin or running sparky's) knows who you are.

Most of the people who alias are not in game to hang out with friends. Or you would not hide who you are. The Ville is all about the "group". We are a family of gamers who enjoy gaming with each other and seeing friendly faces.

Aliasing takes that away. It takes away the whole "hanging out with friends" and replaces it with "hanging out with people you do not know". It takes away what The Ville is about and replaces it with basic pub nobody's. If no one knows who you are, why play here? Why not play on some random pub server? At least there, you will not get bitched at for team stacking, aliasing, or being unfriendly. Why play here?

Because owning the general population is fun for some. And let's face it, the general pop is not as skilled as the few elite clan members out there. They are the people who are aliasing most of the time. To me, that just says you do not care to be noticed here. You do not care if people know who you are. You do not care to be recognized as a "reg" here.

And you will be treated as such. I will not take the time to figure out who you are. I will treat you like any other newcomer to these servers. Warning, then kick, then ban.

Team stacking IS an issue here. The people who say it's not are usually the people stacking the teams. It has nothing to do with clan or tag. It has to do with an obvious mismatch of talent. Any idiot can see that 100 -0 means the teams are stacked. And none of that "you need to fight through it" crap. You all know when the game becomes "easy".

We are lucky enough to fill one TFC server. We do not need a bunch of elite freaks crowding the servers making a mockery of anyone who just plays for fun. Take that crap somewhere else. This place is not about owning people! It's about people having fun with the game and hanging out with people you KNOW.. Most people do not enjoy being disgustingly owned by a few elite freaks who find it funny to make idiots out of noobs or average players. Even two or three elite freaks can ruin a game. This is not OGL! This is a pub website.

Aliasing is just not friendly. It has nothing to do with hanging out with the population of The Ville. It is a way of being invisible. That's not a "reg" here. That's just some passerby.

You can make all the excuses you want. But in the end, it's completely obvious who comes here to own and who comes here to hang out with friends.

TFC dying here had a lot to do with the age of the mod and the influx of elite players. It became non newb servers and no one wants to connect and get owned by clans. That's just my opinion.

GG
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fun regardless of score or anybody's name. When did this place become a club for the regs who are known by everyone. Sometimes you just want to play a few rounds without having to be bothered by anyone you know. "Oh no! I don't recognize that name. I'm not having fun now. BG!!!"

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When did this place become a club for the regs who are known by everyone.

Um. . the day it started. TVR? Are you seriously asking that question? Stevo, you need to sit this one out.

Quote:
Sometimes you just want to play a few rounds without having to be bothered by anyone you know.

Then connect somewhere else.

Go to any other pub. There are hundreds.

I GUARANTEE you once an aliased person gets a warning, they change their name and say, "uh it's me". Why? Because to some, being a reg here is only good when you receive special treatment or attention.

I see it all the time. And you know what I say? "Tough $*&^".

Last edited by Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 on Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aliasing is very much the topic here.

Hiding team stacking.

[BOB] Uber
[BOB] Kill
[BOB] Poop

Doesn't look as stacked if it is. .

56674 die
buster
underdog

Aliasing for reasons of hiding team stacking is an issue. It's not about everyone aliasing. It's about aliasing for the purpose of slipping under radar.
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree aliasing is part of this thread and i will do it sometimes but not to team stack .when i play dod and see there is no other tvbers in there i will only do this because in the past when wearing the tag i always get drilled on something admin wise. i would tell peeps i have no admin powers but it did not matter they would still bother me to slapem for onething they did or say etc. it is always something so from time to time i will alias not to have to feild them questions when playing.

so what `im really saying is give me some admin powers

lifes to short people lighten up #Beer #Beer

RIP- BlueRuler

Last edited by Smegma on Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
kamikaze

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop acting so paranoid. i alias in other pub servers because i get tired of being asked when tryouts for BR are. sometimes, i just felt like playing TFC anonymously. i'll continue to alias. about the "alleged" team stacking: if you find yourself on the losing team, do something to stop the other team from winning, hang back and play D, or if the need be, go O without hesitation. just stop the complaining people. of all the online games i've ever played, i believe TFC players whine the most.

i told you i was hardcore.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use the name Player (aka Piayer)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i only do this because in the past when whereing the tag i always get drilled on something admin wise.

I can understand that. That is not an issue for me. Would you have joined TVB if you could never wear the tag? I bet no. So you alias here and there to avoid being confused as an admin. I can see that.

But someone aliasing merely because they do not want to be seen as a "team stacker" is wrong. Whether you are aliased or not, you should still look out for fair play.

"Play through it". Go "D". Go "O". Crap. A league player VS a basic TFC'er. . who will win? Fight through it. .. yeah.. . we should also fight through spawn spam as well I assume.

Complaining about complaining. That makes you the lesser complaintant?
Blown

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i believe TFC players whine the most.

what he said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently. . .

Judging from the complaint dept, DOD players are the biggest complainers.

TFC'ers complain about people complaining.
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does aliasing have to do with team-stacking, are you saying that if two or three people in the same clan join the same team its wrong and should be stopped, but if three people with very high skill levels join the same team its ok as long as they're not in the same clan?

If teams are stacked so dramatically that its no fun for one team then you dont have to see who a person is or what clan they're in, you ask them to switch based on their visible skill level, not because of what clan they're in/whether you know them or not.

If i'm on warpath and the blue team is dominating at the hands of two bhopping-perfect HHing scouts called Bob5000 and Tom3000, and the red team is trying hard but cant stop them and are having no fun, I ask politely for Tom3000 or Bob5000 to switch with someone with a lower skill level on the red to even out the teams, it doesnt matter if Bob5000 and Tom3000 are in the same clan or are someone under an alias. And guess what, most of the time they will switch. I dont think people like to dominate with no competition, thats just as boring as being on the team thats losing.

And another think, lighten up. This is just a game after all, and it stops being fun if you take it too serious or impose preposterous rules. Just try and have fun, and if the enemy team is dominating wildly and they wont smooth out the skill levels, just try and deal with it as best you can. Sometimes the best rounds of warpath for me are the ones where the enemy has a couple of great offensmen and I'm trying to stop them back at 5.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
are you saying that if two or three people in the same clan join the same team its wrong and should be stopped, but if three people with very high skill levels join the same team its ok as long as they're not in the same clan?

Nope. In fact I said the opposite.

KRG wrote:
It has to do with an obvious mismatch of talent. Any idiot can see that 100 -0 means the teams are stacked.

Tags and clans make no difference. As I said, it's when there is an obvious mismatch of talent. Why are so many people avoiding the real issue? KEEP THE GAME FAIR! Don't hide behind an alias to stack a team. Period. That's all I am saying.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired

Last edited by Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 on Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 wrote:
Currently. . .

Judging from the complaint dept, DOD players are the biggest complainers.

TFC'ers complain about people complaining.

Well really..hard to do the math...3 full severs almost 24/7 DOD I bet they would complain more than the 2 empty TFC servers where it has just become a art form to complain about tfc at the ville and tfc players leaving.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just exactly why did so many leave TFC including myself.

Cause it is the same game over and over and over and then the super fast, or whatever you call it, bunny hopper's came and totally destroyed most of us. Call it team stacking or any name you want to put on it no one wants to get owned day after day. What I'm reading into Frags original post is just that. As many have already said if it's not fun no one will play.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: