FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
talk about the damn game lol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omgshovelyouinthebutt?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i can shovel just one sniper in the butt, it makes it worth all the riches in the world.
Vicoden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you should "herd" every1 into the position of play for "fun". Yeah, its just a game, but if its only purpose was for fun then they wouldn't keep score. Just like any sport or activity sure you play for "fun" because it is something you enjoy doing, but that isn't always the reason you do it. Competition is a big part of any game or sport and that is what drive tons of people to participate. If the NFL didn't keep score, would so many people still watch?

If your not watching your K/D ratio or your score, then your lying. I understand for some it isn't as important as it is for others, but I am sure 99% of you guys look at your score more than just at the end of the game. I like to have fun too, but I also like to have a good score, I hardly ever have a good K/D ratio, but I like going for the flags and making a difference on my team. Even on 22 player server like it or not, ONE player makes the difference, I have seen it time and time again. You get someone like cmon or azrael on your team and you can almost guarantee a turn around if your team is playing poorly. Lets face it if you only played for fun, then it wouldn't matter if teams were unbalanced (skill wise) or not, and team slays would not take place. If your team is losing you should still be having fun, thats what you say your playing for. But that is not the case. Usually its the outspoken fun-loving people that complain first about stacked teams or camping snipers. So....yeah its more than just for fun.
Symitrigue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is more than just about fun. It's about Piat-ing people on narrow corridors.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgr Vicoden but killing people does have a major part in the game, If everyone on 1 team had a 5-1 K ratio and made that the ratio every 2 mins .. I'm sure that team would win b/c they could clear out flag spots easily then just sit there, it's really not that hard to sit on a flag. I'm sure people look at their score to see how they are doing but I'm almost positive agian that 25% of the people really don't give a crud about their score as long as they are having fun. Yes n No?
Vicoden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its probably just my personal attitude but for the most the time in game or in life I am only having fun when I am winning. Its not the best attitude to have, but thats just how I am. I am always looking to do better at things always looking and comparing my score, and not just in DOD. I don't freak out when I lose nor do I gloat when I win, but I am always happier when I win.

Its how you play the game, that decides if you win or lose.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic, you're looking way too deep into it.

It's not that complicated. Keeping teams even is part of an admin's job. Whether an admin gives a crap if he loses or not is besides the point. The first issue is the other players. Team slays are there when the teams are uneven and people refuse to even the teams. It's not a personal issue and has nothing to do with us wanting to win. It's our job. It's what we do.

No one ever said you can not have the will to win and still be having fun. There is a difference between wanting to win a map and disecting your stats to find your weaknesses. Some take it that serious and some don't. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I may like to win a map but I could care less what the hell my stats say about the fight. I won or I lost and that's it. I'm not going to disect the issue and train to work out my kinks. I'm just not that into it. But there is nothing wrong with being that into it.

This is why there are different groups such as TVB, USV, NJK, PWG. .etc etc. Each one different. Each one operates with different mind sets. From people who train to become more effective to people who just hook up, spawn, and fight. They are all having fun in their own way.

It's just my opinion. I don't force it on anyone. If someone is too weak minded to make up their own mind, I do not take blame for their worship of my obviously superior playing style.

Some prefer the "hang out" style of this game while some enjoy the more competitive "eyes glued" style of play. That is the difference. That is what many mean when they say they, "Play for fun". It's not implying that you do not have fun when you play.

This all spawned from the "Stat Hoor Virus" that swept The Ville some time ago. Do you recall that? If you do, you should know exactly where people like myself are coming from.

Is that PC enough?
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ***** Creed

Playing a game for fun?

1. Everyone knows that any mod of HL is life and death. If you have a bad round it's necessary to throw a piece of computer equipment. Parents of aspiring young children should make sure that they don't get dinner if their child has a bad round. Failure is unacceptable and not tolerated under any circumstances. It doesn't matter if it's a game "allegedly" for fun and you don't get paid to play.

2. It's necessary to tell anyone worse than you that they aren't as good as you. Make sure the rookie knows that he can't hold your jock. Make 'em cry to their mommy.

3. If someone is better than you. Never admit it that they are. Accuse them of cheating!

4. Make sure that any death you may have is attributed to lag.

5. Pick the most offensive name possible.

sincerely

The LLAMA Creed

PS: If any of these apply to you...please don't play at The Ville
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do admit that I look at my stats every so often. It doesn't consume me though. It does feel a ton better when you play well and help your team obviously. We aren't professionals though so it doesn't matter in the end. I just want it to be a fair fight.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. If someone is better than you. Never admit it that they are. Accuse them of cheating!

. . scampers off to the complaint department. .. . .

Name: FragFailure
WON ID: 8675309

h4x0ring on TV1. He was spec'ing me while I was changing my spy outfit.

Please ban.

thx
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kjeldorian Royal Guard wrote:
Quote:

. . scampers off to the complaint department. .. . .

Name: FragFailure
WON ID: 8675309

h4x0ring on TV1. He was spec'ing me while I was changing my spy outfit.

Please ban.

thx

Umm ewww...I think that was The Titan who was doing that.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit, I usually look at my k/d ratio, but I won't make an issue of it. I usually look for a 1.7/1 K/d, but also capping a lot of flags. However, some nights I can be 1:1 and under, and I know I'm getting owned, and that I will have an hard night, so then I change my nick for Jaddy6pack and open some beers to play with a fuzzy mind

THe funny thing is, often my play improve with the first 2 beers... after that, well... #Beer #Beer

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ryal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgr paddy I do the same thing, but having bad nights isn't fun b/c you kno you can do better. I usualy try to go 4:1 K on axis and about a 2:1 on allies b/c I suck with the allied guns, but if I go like 1:1 on axis I kno I can do better. So it's just a mental thing, but I like to play good when I play. Anything I do I want to try to be decent at it, I hear ya Vicoden
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All wright PaddyWack I just noticed a small item with your sig

WTF is this "Instant kill Blue Ruler"

Rob I want a refund

#Rofl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

instant kill, like stuck down with a bolt of lightning thing .. I think he has a quality cheet .. could make million at TVStore
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
All wright PaddyWack I just noticed a small item with your sig

WTF is this "Instant kill Blue Ruler"

Rob I want a refund

#Rofl

he he.....

Could be worse Blue, look what happen to Danno....

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: