FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
talk about the damn game lol
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANGELOFDEATH-VS-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: talk about the damn game lol Reply with quote

yes dod is fun but hard 2 get good at i think i break about even on stats which i dont really care about.people keep cuming in games and are like look at my kill 2 death racio just like i used 2 be but some peeps froom <tvb> have shown me 2 be a team player like nipples, popeye, roofcutter, and especially blue so just play the game and have fun hope 2 see you all in a game lataz guys
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roof and Blue are USV.

In either case, TVB and USV peeps are your local "Play and have fun" groups. Expect nothing less than that attitude from either group.

That's what it's all about man. Just have fun. I literally suck now but I still have a lot of fun trying to kill! I honestly don't care how good you are. As long as I can kill you, you're good in my book. Teehee

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know i play to have fun. and to whack people with my garand
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like to get a good score sometimes, but I don't brag or anything like some people do. One thing that bothers me is the people that say "I win" at the end of the game because they have the most kills even though they have a 0 score. No one person wins in a game with 20 people on each team, but if you're gonna say "I win" you should at least have the highest score.

Most of the time, I just play for fun and forget about scores and stats and all those ratios and stuff I don't care about. And the type of people in US-V and TVB are fun to play with, usually.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually have people telling me to look at my kill to death ratio in game. It gets annoying at times but oh well. If they choose to live by their stats then that's their loss.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Ryal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually most of the TVB and USV are good players with good attitudes, we all have bad days and good days. But TVB's and USV's are nice people and fun to play with, what more can you ask for?
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: talk about the damn game lol Reply with quote

ANGELOFDEATH-VS- wrote:
people keep cuming in games

LOL!!! ... sorry sorry
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf off <TVB>, if I may be so bold, & =US-V=, I know I can be so bold lol, thanks for the nice words. As said above forget about the damn stats. I know a lot of peeps luv the glorified almighty stats column but to most of the TVB and USV guys they in all reality mean squat. What we all partake in here is a game and if its a game then by definition it should be fun. And that in a nut shell is what its all about FUN.

As far as the guys who for whatever reason have to say "I won", bull$hit, there team as a group did it not just him

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I try to keep my eye on having fun and loosing myself in the game. However, unfortunately I was raised in a world of going to the LAN with friends and betting all my peanuts on who would win a game of UT. So, I tend to be a bit of a "stat whore" at times, but I think every online gamer can be accused of that at one time or another.
What I think makes DoD so great is the new score thing. How being a team player and scoring general points for your team and weighed more heavily than how well you camp the sewers. I earnestly feel that once a player starts using a mic, and developing strategy with the PUBLIC players on the server the team trancends the nature of normal DM style play and evolves into that every developer invisions for thier players: a team match.

Bah, waiting for HLSW to connect to TV I. Ive been waiting for like an hour. >< I just wanna camp some doors with a rocketlauncher. After all, for the past 2 days ive been Bazooka Joe and Panzerchreck Hanz. #Onfire
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
I usually have people telling me to look at my kill to death ratio in game. It gets annoying at times but oh well. If they choose to live by their stats then that's their loss.

Are you suggesting that I can't base my life and personal satisfaction on my incredibly awesome DoD stats! The nerve!!! I've got DoD talent to spare, I could share some with you, only I'm not gonna. I am clearly too stunningly awesome to be believed.

Really. Don't believe me.

Caring too much about DoD stats bad. Teamwork good. Long live "not caring about stats". #alien

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
ANGELOFDEATH-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: true true Reply with quote

sorry gaurd didnt know anyway i agree with all of you i my self am a stat hoarder sorta of bad at sometimes 2 lol but i do want 2 help my team out more than i want 2 kill blue or stuff lol j/p.thx for the relpys see you in a game sometime!
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 to 1 ratio for me

thats 40 deaths to 1 kill

But who cares I just like to have fun takes out his roll of rope and ties BRN hands behind his back no more sniping for you . I think i'm BRN personal target everytime I walk around a corner bam there he is GG Brn
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, BRN's a weenie!!!

That's right, I said weenie. You wanna make something of it???

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
I do like to get a good score sometimes, but I don't brag or anything like some people do. One thing that bothers me is the people that say "I win" at the end of the game because they have the most kills even though they have a 0 score. No one person wins in a game with 20 people on each team, but if you're gonna say "I win" you should at least have the highest score.

Most of the time, I just play for fun and forget about scores and stats and all those ratios and stuff I don't care about. And the type of people in US-V and TVB are fun to play with, usually.

Violent Pacifist
Sturmtruppe
Score: 20
Kills: 69
Deaths 39
Top of server

I win.

Then I did an encor by using only piats, panzer things, and bazookas for several maps Really, just have fun. I've had times where I've gone 70 kills to 25 deaths, and times when I've gone 10 - 25. As long as you're trying to help your team and are having fun, nothing else should really matter.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Ryal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmon now.. you guys can't blame people for being good.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: