FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dead Giveaway
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unterseebiermeister wrote:
i am all for anything that takes an advantage away from the 12 yr old 6 hour a day gamerz

I resent that....I only play 6+ hours in the summer!
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
I can already see the complaint department filling up with complaints of llamas on their own team killing them.

this is true i have had some real good games with ff on and if everybody is playing right it is REAL fun but you are also correct it only takes on freakn dink to run it for your team by killing u in spawn. these guys must be the type who can`t get a kill any other way and even scarier these guys could possibly join the real military

RIP- BlueRuler
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are adminmod plugins that make it so if you do TK a certain number of times the person TK'd has the option's of forgive, slap, slay, kick, or ban depending on how u set it up.
Fred Astaire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KillerRoofcutter wrote:
Yea i hate the show exactly where you are. Cuz I will be in a perfect sniping place but the second i kill someone they know exactly where i am and they just creep and kill me. Why can't it just be like real life only know where they are by your 5 senses.( in game only the 2 sight and hearing the gun shots or footsteps)

When is the last time you used 5 senses to find someone? You taste them? And by the time you are able to feel them i think its a little too late

And there is a plugin that lets you do stuff to the person who tk'd u. You can even burry them so they are halfway in the ground and cant move.
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically, those who dont like the Death Cam, want us to change the servers so they have the advantage?

How is that fair to anybody else, espicially all the newer players?

Like i said before Quit whining that you got fragged and play the game.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1337 wrote:
So basically, those who dont like the Death Cam, want us to change the servers so they have the advantage?

How is that fair to anybody else, espicially all the newer players?

Like i said before Quit whining that you got fragged and play the game.

How is changing the server like that only an advantage to those that complain about the deathcam? It's an advantage for a person's entire team when he can successfully hold off opposition while waiting for reinforcements. It's to the advantage of anyone who killed anybody. It's a disadvantage to anyone who dies.

How is it fair to everybody else? Well, considering that everyone is on equal footing whether the decision to include the deathcam fix is on or not, I'd say it's fair to everyone.

What did new players do before the 1.0 game? Their view wasn't locked on to the one person who killed them, giving their position away. The game succeeded anyway. If new players honestly need help identifying the position of every single person that kills them for as long as they play the game, then they need to simply give up on all types of first person shooters. It doesn't even take an entire day to pick up on the tactics you can use to tell where someone killed you from, or how to tell where a person might be before you can see them.

And in regard to your other post

More realism, no matter how unrealistic the game might already be, is something that some people enjoy more than others. Others do not enjoy having help forced upon them by the game. While they can close their eyes or something every time they die, it becomes a little childish after awhile.

In regard to everyone saying that only campers have a reason to complain

I do not camp often. If I ever do, it is only for as long as I need to. Camping is and ever will be part of this game. If you are a machine gun or sniper, camping is definatly a plus for you. If no one camped, there would be no one to defend a point.
There are also times when I will find a new area to hide in or on top of, to the extent that the enemy cannot detect me until I've shot them. How then is it fair that after one kill, all my hard work of finding such an excellent offensive or defensive spot, is ruined? Now, not only does the person I just killed know exactly where I am, as easily as if I had just farted loudly and groaned in extreme pleasure afterwards, but possibly his entire team knows. My special little corner is no longer special anymore, and is subject to becoming a highly overused and overchecked spot on that particular map. How is that fair to me? If you can find it out for yourself without any help besides knowing that you died there, then by all means, alert your team, kill me and expose my spot. But until then, I'd rather the game not baby the player I just killed, walking with him hand-in-hand, and parade my spot and me around the entire server.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Fred Astaire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway like silver said only 1 server doesnt have the death cam. The other two, well actually three, do. So if you do like the death cam go to tv1 or 7 or 9, if you dont go to 4. Simple as that.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF on TV9 is out. I've had it on a few times and it caused a lot of problems. I hate the black screen so death cam stays on TV9. Depending on the response to the modified death cam on TV4 I may put that on in the future, but for now it's going to stay the way it is.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Astaire wrote:
Anyway like silver said only 1 server doesnt have the death cam. The other two, well actually three, do. So if you do like the death cam go to tv1 or 7 or 9, if you dont go to 4. Simple as that.

Exactly! Why are people still arguing?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Ryals 2 cents Reply with quote

doesn't matter to me frankly, if you shoot me .. I'ma shoot u back as many times as I can, plus you should be smart enough to move around so people can't just run around corners a flowin trying to get kills. ya kno?
Mamma Jamma

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: ff on/off??? Reply with quote

I play on servers with ff on most the time. To have ff work, you would need an admin on all the time, otherwise Jack Asses will spoil everyone's fun.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would point out that as a sniper, which is the only class I can play with any level of creamy goodness (and even that's not to creamy good), it does kind of bug me that when I shoot someone they automatically get to find out where I am. If I manage to find a sneaky place to snipe from, somewhere that gives me a good field of fire while concealing my position, then I would like to reap the rewards that my effort has made available.

That being said, it's cool that we have so many DoD servers (thanks server providers!!!!! ) that we can provide a variety of options and make as many people happy as possible.

I do have a seperate beef that I'd like to bring up. I don't get this camping complaint. Obviously, I'm not talking about camping respawn, but general camping out in the map. To me, camping is a crucial aspect of the game, depending on what class you are playing. The impact that one sniper can have on your teams success is amazing. One effectively placed MG can be devistating on either attack or defense. Overcoming these obstacles makes the game more enjoyable.

I usually play random, so everything varies for me. When I am MG, I try to get to an effective point, then I camp. When I am a sniper, I try to get to an effective point, then I camp. When I'm anything else, I run like crazy for the flags and get shot a lot. Simple.

Oh, and one other thing. I'd be willing to give ff a chance. Right now we have an abundance of admins playing DoD. We are patrolling much of the time, so llama's beware. Of course, if nobody likes ff and we don't have it, that's OK by me also. I'd just be willing to try it.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
[HALO]cpt._Keyes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that most of the time...when im killed by a camper...2 things happen. Either I know where he is because he is in a stupid spot such as in the house in anzio, or he is across the map, such as avalanche. In either case, their is no way i can get close to them easily just because i know where they are. Knowing where a guy is is different than being able to kill him. there are so many things that need to be conqured before you can get to him i.e. his team mates. I like the fact that it shows who killed me and where he is not because i can easily kill him but because i guess it reassures me i wasnt "hacked" or cheated. also i like seeing how much he hurt from my fight when it shows his remaining health.

and as danno said, those who threaten to leave, well, im going to have a lot of enemies now, leave, you probably are the ones who complain the whole game anyway, about my talking, about hacking admins anything under the sun.

i know that because of this i have lots of enemies now, but i had to say it.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are adminmod plugins that make it so if you do TK a certain number of times the person TK'd has the option's of forgive, slap, slay, kick, or ban depending on how u set it up.

I like what Battelfield 1942 servers do. If you TK, your spawn wait time doubles. The more you TK, the longer your spawn wait.

On the same hand, who wants to wait 2 minutes to spawn because a couple people ran into your grenade?

I like seeing the guy who shot me after I die. It helps eliminate xtreme campers.

I really couldn't care less. I don't read into this game as much as some of you. I just want to connect/kill/spawn with good people. Everything else I couldn't care less about.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Wingle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am a sniper and my rule is to at least move after every clip or at least take a small break. lately i have been moving right with my team and supporting them just one step behind them but say your gaurding your last flag while you wait for the assult people to come in and you dont have much room to move. im not saying its not fair im saying it makes it difficult mainly for the snipers.

also to the camp complainers, if you hate it go to a different game, this is WWII and in 1944 the americans didnt yell across the headgrow "excuse me Mr. Hanns, yes you with the MG42, um could you do me and my buddies a favor and move around. We think your strategicly placed gun is a little to difficult for us and we just want it to be fair so we can take over normandy a little easier."

camping as a part of war and without it MG's are pretty much useless besides i think nothing is more rewarding then knifing that darn sniper in the back while hes popping away at your team or sneeking around and capping him. its how the game is played if you dont want campers go play CS or somthing elts.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: