FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ville Bash 2 Recap

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Ville Bash 2 Recap Reply with quote

Friday the 1st

Myself, BRN, Mrs. BRN, and the Mini-Me met up with Did It Hurt, Ms. Hurt, and later Azrael for dinner at Terrible's buffet. Azrael took off to meet up with Verman over at the T.I. for the Mystere show.

Myself and BRN met up with Verman and Az for some drinks back at Terrible's. We stayed out until about 2 AM or so.

Saturday the 2nd

We all met by the fountain outside the MGM. Three Gunn was the only no show. We didn't hear back from him at all. Everyone else was there by about 6:15. We then went on into the MGM Grand Buffet.

The buffet line was about 40 minutes shorter than last year and the price went up $5 per person. I wasn't expecting to pay over $20 for a buffet. Saying that, the food was excellent. The Prime Rib and Turkey was top shelf. There'll be some pics posted on the pics topic. We got split up into four tables near each other.

1- Gibbon, 12, Dreadvile, and Verman
2- BRN, Mrs. BRN, Mini-Me, and Azrael
3- Frag, Munkey, Did It Hurt, and Ms. Hurt
4- Stutter and Caveman

After dinner we went over to Gameworks which is right down the block. Some of us headed right to the bar while others got a jump on the games. I know there's a few pics of us playing the 8 player Indy 500 race car game. I know that BRN won a race or two, Dread won one, and I'm forgetting the 4th. All I do know is that I was leading the first race I was in. I got bumped into pit row where I went from 2nd to dead last. I think that was Dreadvile who haxed me. The second one I was in I lead from start to 10 secs left in the race. Verman flipped my car over causing me to go from 1st to 6th in a matter of seconds. I guess you can call it Torak's revenge from me doing the same thing to him last year. I finally won a four player Daytona at the end of the night. Munkey, Stutter, Caveman left. We lost track of Gibbon and 12, but we knew they were leaving soon as well. Evil Con Carne made his appearance at Gameworks and then Mrs. BRN took herself and the (asleep) Mini-Me home.

After leaving Gameworks at about 1 AM. We were left with myself, BRN, Azrael, Verman, Dreadvile, and Evil Con Carne (who made it a bit later at Gameworks.) We walked the strip and had a few drinks. I showed them how to lose $20 on a slot machin in five minutes or less. I think we stayed out until about 2:30 AM.

I'd say that this year's bash was a success. I'm hoping that everyone had a good time in Vegas and enjoyed themselves. I'd like to run The Ville Bash 3 either in April or the same time next year. I'd also like to thank Verman and who ever else who bought me the Long Island's.

That's my version of it. Maybe some other Bash attendee's could put their journal up.

Chris/Frag
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ville Bash 2 Recap Reply with quote

FragFailure wrote:
I got bumped into pit row where I went from 2nd to dead last. I think that was Dreadvile who haxed me.

Nope not Dreadville.......hehe

Had a blast. Its nice to know that the other people on the ville are really good people.

I think it was a huge success. GJ Frag

Lets do that again !!

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
JtH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like to go next year but unfortunatly im not old enough to drink. lol i gotta wait about 4 more years for that one. i can go and hang out with you guys though. me and shovel are thinking about saving up our cash to go next year. we will definitally keep you guys updated on our money progress. currently i have 0.00 to my name but im gonna start saving up for this event.

jack
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good races, good fun. I know I got airborne twice, bumped into the pits once, and bump-drafted my way to a 1st or 2nd, it was realllllll close at the end.

Had a real good time. Good group of Villuns from many walks of life. Weather was atypically cool Friday, but normal (= hot) Saturday. While a slightly cooler time of the may be preferable for some, a mid-summer bash could still do the job. It made for some nice scenery during the stroll down the strip after midnight.

Azrael and I saw Mystere' at TI. What a show! We came to the conclusion that the total combined body fat content of all the performers (~30-40) was <1%.

Actually left Vegas with more gambling money than I arrived with. Spent ~$140 on two dice tables and a couple of slots; Won ~$250 on two different dice tables and a quarter slot machine at 3AM Sunday morning. Made trip even more fun.

Knew that I-15 south would be a mess on Sunday afternoon, so I went south on US-95 thru Needles, then Blythe (115F). Picked up Cal-78 thru Brawley (107F), the sand dunes, then back door into San Diego. Some sections were slow, some very fast. Got up to 90MPH+ trying get airborne over the whoops in the desert road. A g-meter would have been fun to have.

Looking forward to next time.

Last edited by Verman on Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
DreadVile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh.....its DreadVile..not Ville
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verman wrote:

Some sections were slow, some very fast. Got up to 90MPH+ trying get airborne over the whoops in the desert road. A g-meter would have been fun to have.

Try Highway 66 (? it's been a few years, so the number may be wrong), towards Colorado. We averaged 95+, for nearly an hour, before we finally came to a town - 130 miles from Vegas. Then it was only about 80 to the border, as you started to get into the mountains...

Will try and coordinate things to make it next year.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: