FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
health cheat

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splatter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there some kind of cheat that makes you harder to kill . I was playing on ville 1 tonight and there was a hw on the other team that was walking around like god and no one could kill him . I can usually kill an hw with 4 rockets and a grenade but i hit this guy with 6 rockets and a grenade and it still didn't kill him .I wasn't the only one after him at the time & He wasn't going after health packs either . At the end of the game I think his score was something like 97 kills and 10 deaths .
I'm not going to say who it was because I don't want to accuse someone unjustly .
has anyone else noticed anything like this ?

I said stand still
JtH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there is such a thing but there could be. Maybe you were just facing a really good hw.

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty certain no such cheat exists - musta been a good HW.
97-10 is good....seen better tho.

[NoClan]Inman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he was a good hw but I think there isn't to much skill involved with being a hw, No affence to any hw out there

Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually noticed something similar today. Not sure which Ville it was, but I was playing HWGuy. There were a few times when the enemy seemed uncommonly tough.

One time, I turned a corner and ran face first into an Engie. He stood still and fired his shotgun at me, and I unloaded my AC directly into his chest at point-blank range. It took a good 10 seconds to kill him, and by the time he died, I was down to 15 ammo, 30 health, and NO armor! This is starting at full health and ammo. I'm not the world's most expert HW, but there is NO Engineer that tough.

There was a Demo in the same game (may have been same player, different class) who also took an absurd amount of damage, over and over again. He would casually walk by me with the flag as I emptied my AC into him.

Before you poo-poo my fatty skills, I put up over a hundred points in that game with no caps. So I was in something of a groove at the time, which makes it all the more strange.

Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, that was my third whiny post of the day. Sorry about that. I'll make it up to you somehow.
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe it is something similar to that warpath bug that was around where one team could kill the other team a lot easier than the other. i dunno if anyone remembers that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me, but you might be seeing the neo-tf "auras" in action (or they're screwed up). For example, going next to a HWG gives raises your armor instantly to 50, but no higher. And I heard there was supposed to be one for the spy that would cloak people around them. But apparently this one doesn't work
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I was in the same match with that indestructible HW. He wouldn't die. He also had a ton of nades. Way too many for one guy to be packing. Couldn't confirm it though. I headshot him with a full charge, but he didn't hardly lose any health. I know HW have lots of health, but this guy took down my team twice on one life. After he eventually died, he was much easier to kill.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey splatter, I played against HW's that are hard to kill. I mean there are times when I face two hws at once and I kill them both, or that I face one and they kill me instantley and I wonder WTF. If the HW had skillz they would throw primary/secondary nades to weaken you. Though some just have really good ping and kill you faster that way I don't know. I mean everyone has their own style of killing. And to some HW's I play against I noticed that they either have really good ping or they know how to time their throws really good.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm splatter I believe I was in that game on TV1 and the part you missed was me pumping him full as a medic. I also gave him a quick shot each time I passed. That is all it takes to bring health back to 100%.

Pay attention medics, there is one thing in common between EagleEyes 87 to 1 and (My favorite HW who kills me all the time but obviously I have no hard feelings) the 95 to 10 score. Not just ME but good medical attention in general. A couple times I hit him with just 1 or 2 percent health.

I like how you asked, and we should all feel free to question things in game that seem odd. In this case he is a VERY good HW who had a little help to appear God Like. If we are talking about the same individual.

[ This Message was edited by: CyCoDad on 2002-01-14 21:36 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: