FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Medic Strategies

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JtH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been recently playing as a medic but i cant seem to get a large number of people poisoned. Even when there are no medics on the opposing team they somehow dont die by me. If you have any strategies or tips you can give me I would appreciate it. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking to cap the flag or weaken the nme then medic is your class. If you are looking to get a bunch of frags play hw/soldier.
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medics are great for pestering the enemy soldiers and HWs with their concs and infections, taking down sentrys/MGs with their nail gun, and just flat killing snipers and engies with their double shotty. I think 2 good close range hits kills both snipers and engies.

Also I've found that the nail gun is great at killing HWs if you get really good with it. It seems like it just eats up their armor if you can get a good line of those nails puncturing the HW. Its good to do that when the HW is busy with another of your teammates.

Then also medics can cap like crazy with conc jumps and their speed. Last but not least, medics help save your team. Remember one touch with the medikit will put your teammate back to 100% health. Then also it seems that the extra health they give is stronger than the regular health. I dunno if anyone can confirm that, but I seem to notice a significant difference. If you sit behind your friendly HW and keep healing him then you've got a mean team. Just stay out of the way of their AC cuz of the mirror damage.

Oh well thats a quick overview of strats I can think of. I've started playing medic more often I love it. They are so fast and they are really pretty durable and well armed. Finally, don't judge how much you are helping your team by your kill/death ratio when you are a medic. As I said before keeping your HW alive so he can get a few extra kills goes a long way.

Think of yourself as a point guard assisting people...hehe...or maybe better yet a power forward who does all the dirty work that others dont want to do because it doesnt show in the box score, but wins games for your team.

[ This Message was edited by: BigCaulk69 on 2002-01-14 09:07 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the post on being a better medic in John Doe's Tip Section. There is a lot of usefull information there that could put you in the top scorers on your team, even with minimal capping.

Hey Stupid (no offense, you picked the name ) What makes you think that only soldiers frag. He asked how to get more frags as a medic, not what class do you like. You don't have to play soldier to get the points. The only real problem is that when most people play medic they forget they have guns and grenades. Infection is great for annoying and general chaos, but you need to toss nades and shoot people. Infection Deaths and Kit kills willl come in time.

You also need to know when to stop and fight and when to Tag and run. This just comes with time. Read the Tip section and I bet your medic fragging skills improve.

[ This Message was edited by: CyCoDad on 2002-01-14 09:13 ]
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too lazy to look but other than infecting, concing the enemy is IMO your greatest asset. Conc a hw and they can not kill ya unless they drop a nade and get lucky. Conc, infect then Run like hell..heh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to do what Dad said, Tag and run. It only takes one touch to infect a player. If it's a Sniper or an Engie building, I stick around and beat them with the pack, then open up with the super shotty. It also works on soldiers pretending to be snipers with their rockets. They're usually even more confused than the snipers are.

{edit} Forgot to answer the original Q.

Caffeine, don't worry about getting infection kills, most of the time your victims are killed by one of your teammates, or they kill themselves before giving you the pleasure of seeing them die. Practice switching from Medpack to Shotgun and Nailgun once you've infected someone. Also, if you are surrounded by several enemy, run through them and circle around. They will often times hit each other and cause further damage to themselves thanks to mirror damage. HW are notorious for this, their AC takes a while to fire up, and they don't like to stop if they don't have to.
To begin with, get good with circling players with your medpack, if you can get several hits with it, you can get their health pretty low, and take them out of the fighting because they need to get a pack to stay alive until their medic can get to them(if they have a medic). Often times, the other team won't have a medic unless they absolutely need one. Use that to your advantage as well. But always assume the other team has a medic, just to be safe. That way you can be playing with a little bit of control until you confirm that the other team has no medic, or that you've caused them to have two.
Good Luck, and welcome to "The Practice"

[ This Message was edited by: Snaggletooth on 2002-01-14 12:11 ]
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just 2 ? I've had teams end up with 3 medics vs me and then complain because there is a limit that kept anyone else from becoming medic

I may not be one of the Top Stats players but I am possibly one of the most Annoying (and effective) medics playing on the Ville. Notice I said "One Of". I've played mostly sniper and Engy lately but be prepared, Dr CyCoDad may well be coming back !!
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I got you to switch didn't I... I've had 3 against me a couple times. It was fun still seeing infection deaths in the corner.
JtH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks alot i really appreciate all the help. Ill look at john does section.Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I've found that by infecting soldiers and HWGs, then hitting them with the supershotgun, you can take them out pretty reliably... the combined damage works wonders

Oh, and grenades are great too... poison someone, then chuck the grenade where they'll run when they try to find a health pack/bag... they'll run right on top of it... instant-Kibble
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: