FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Medic question?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing the other nite as a medic an i was running around behind the main enemy D line NOT in respawn infecting people.I was basiclly trying to be a pest.Someone told me i was spamming my med pack,but when theres like 10 of the idiots bunched in a doorway i infected them all.Are there certain ethics a med should follow and isnt a med supposed to run around infecting the enemy an healing the good guys.I did my fair share of work an even got a couple praises from other players because i was just down right nerve racking.Theres nothing like a crazy med running around infecting you then running off.
thewz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spamming the medpack? I believe that the enemy was trying to say "We are a bunch of idiots who don't know how to play tfc"
Turbo!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they are just being whiners. so keep runnin around and infectin

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HWguy's,Snipers. these 2 are down right the best people to infect.Theres nothing like standing there watching a sniper try an find you in the scope when your standing beside him feeding him the juice.LoL then duck he shoots you run.HWguys slow an they think that doorway is a bulletproof vest.Both after infecting (sniper really) tend to get pissed an proceed to chase you down furiously.Just be sure to hit all the ammo packs as your running>LEAVE HIM NOTHING>Thanx for the support avenger.
[NoClan]Inman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that when people are loosing they have to have a reson and that's when the acuse others of stuff that's not true i.e. Cheating,Spamming.etc

Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infect away, saying you are spamming with a medpack is like telling a HW that he is firing too many bullets from his gun, or that an Engie is killing too many people with his SG.

My favorite tactic for Avanti is when your team is attacking CP1, run up the ramp to CP2. Once there, run through the hallway and up the second ramp to where the medpack is on the ground. Run back down and infect the snipers that are always around. Once that is done, run a loop through that balcony to the pack outside the death room, and make a *visit* to all the packs in that area, making sure not to infect fresh spawn (the previously infected will sometimes do that for you), and keep hitting your victims with the medpack. Eventually they'll die of infection, or from your team who has capped 1 and 2 during your little play time with them.

That will work unless you're playing against CyCoDad or MeatJuice, then you should stick with your team and keep them alive.
stupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really find the infecting medic to be annoying. Its not so much the medic but the newbies who he hunts down and infects. There is always that one HW that has been infected for 15 minutes and is just standing on the most high traffic resupply pack sharing the love with his team mates. Either that, or he runs back to respawn and just stops in the middle of his team mates to sit there and type obscenities at the other team (usually cheat accusations).
I dont see anything wrong with that tactic, but in my opinion you would be a greater asset to your team as a soldier or engie. A medic just doesnt have the beef to take down a good, and i emphasize "good", sodier/hw/demo. Also, the infecting will lose affectiveness once/if the other team has a brain and gets a medic of their own.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be very careful where you infect people.If you camp respawn as a medic or anything else you will find yourself kicked and banned.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-01-14 08:22, stupid wrote:
I dont see anything wrong with that tactic, but in my opinion you would be a greater asset to your team as a soldier or engie. A medic just doesnt have the beef to take down a good, and i emphasize "good", sodier/hw/demo. Also, the infecting will lose affectiveness once/if the other team has a brain and gets a medic of their own.

I would just like to point out that there is a 4 soldier limit, so we can't ALL be soldiers like you keep suggesting. A "Good" and I emphasize "Good" medic will have no problem with any class. I admit I don't go toe to toe with Soldiers and HWs, but if they turn their back on me .

I just want to understand how the other team will "get a brain" and a medic when they are helping their team better by being a soldier or Engie ?? (according to 2 seperate posts by you) As someone who used to play medic a lot, I'm starting to take this personally

Frag has his visit? but I'm gonna make a "House Call" on you next chance I get
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dad, I've seen stupid play medic. In fact I think that is all I have seen him play. Now I dont know if he was killing people or trying to infect, but he was kicking out butts by capping command points. So I know for a fact he is a good medic when it comes to capping flags, but I couldn't say anything about his ability to frag with a medic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is what bothers me is that he feels medics are for capping and healing and you should be soldier if you want to play a class that frags people.

Heck I get plenty of Frags playing Scout and most of those frags are HW. When I play medic on Avanti most soldiers end up killing themselves trying to get me. Now, Soldiers are a fine class and they tend to give me the most trouble but they are't they ONLY class.

I've seen him playing soldier mostly lately and will be sure to make a "House Call" next time I do.
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-01-14 00:07, Tommy.Chong wrote:
HWguy's,Snipers. these 2 are down right the best people to infect.Theres nothing like standing there watching a sniper try an find you in the scope when your standing beside him feeding him the juice.LoL then duck he shoots you run.HWguys slow an they think that doorway is a bulletproof vest.Both after infecting (sniper really) tend to get pissed an proceed to chase you down furiously.Just be sure to hit all the ammo packs as your running>LEAVE HIM NOTHING>Thanx for the support avenger.

LOL, the best ones of late are the Soldiers. On 2fort you can count of them being up in the sniper deck area flying thier remotes. I just stand there with the med pack watching thier health % go down down down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a good medic is one who keeps his team alive. If that means dying to keep them going, so be it. Even good Soldiers are still infected, it doesn't matter if they kill you, your teammates will most likely get them in their panic to get a supply pack. If my score sucks, but my team is winning, then I am doing my job. This is TEAM Fortress.

Medics are primarily there to heal their teammates, and infect the enemy. Their nail gun can take out a fully healthy SG and a HW if need be. Personally, I don't think any class is beyond the capabilities of a good medic to take down. Soldiers especially, like Dad said, they usually blow themselves up trying to kill you.

BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might sound pretty boring, but I basically run laps in the middle of the maps running into everyone with the medkit, I heal my team and infect theirs... there isn't another class in the game that can instantly weaken the enemy and boost his team's offense like that...

Oh yeah, and the ability to basically sprint to all the cap points and butcher a couple snipers/engies on the way... that's always helpful, too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: