FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Graphix help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Kason Allen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Graphix help Reply with quote

BAAAAAHHHHHHHHHhh well recently while playing tfc I noticed the ground looked milky and blurry and so did other objects until I got close also when pop-ups come up i t downsizes my game aaahh but heres something new after I close thew pop-up as soon as I click on the downsized game it closes out to and then when I click on the tfc icon from then on until I reboot it says illegal operation and won't let me open it hellllllppppppppp mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using OpenGL? OpenGL makes things at a distance look blurry. And when you're playing, try to close and disable everything that can popup, like aim and other instant messengers.

I think the game gets currupted when it is minimized like that. For me, the sound goes away and I can't hear the game afterward. And sometimes when it crashes, it won't let you open HL until you restart. So, just try not to have programs running that can cause popups, and you shouldn't have a problem.

There might be better answers, but that's what I do...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Comput3r

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if your having pop-ups and IE isn't open you could have a pop program downloaded on your computer. Maybe check out your add/delete files and see if there is anything there that you don't recognize. Also at download.com there's a good pop up stopper, and I believe that's the name of it also, won't let you open more than one window in IE so prevents it all together.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comput3r wrote:
Maybe if your having pop-ups and IE isn't open you could have a pop program downloaded on your computer. Maybe check out your add/delete files and see if there is anything there that you don't recognize. Also at download.com there's a good pop up stopper, and I believe that's the name of it also, won't let you open more than one window in IE so prevents it all together.

Here are two pop-up stopper programs both free.

http://www.panicware.com/product_downloads.html

http://www.naviscope.com

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: