FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RIAA Hit List

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeCies

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: RIAA Hit List Reply with quote

Do you recognize any of these names, Maybe quite possibly one of them is yours. Well if it is then expect a legal subpoena from the Recording Industry Association of America... I think it's a bunch of BS if you ask me. Once I buy something it's mine too do as I please with it!

The following user names were culled from subpoenas filed with the US District Court in Washington, DC. All subpoenas, incidentally, are being served by the Los Angeles law firm of Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp. A total of 253 RIAA subpoenas were listed as of July 22 through the federal court system's paid online database, PACER. The actual subpoenas are available to view online in about half the cases.

The court documents don't show individual users' real names. They do show file-sharing network user names, the user's ISP, the user's IP address, and a sampling of copyright songs the user allegedly made available for download. To date, many ISPs have been contacted, including Pac Bell Internet, SBC, Charter Communications, Comcast, Adelphia, RCN, and Time Warner.

Following is a list of the first user names from our review of the subpoenas.

Aab@Kazaa
Aboggs2@Kazaa
allstatetide@Kazaa
Amissann2@Kazaa
AngelaMikesell@Kazaa
anon39023@Kazaa
anthonybotz@Kazaa
aoster1@Kazaa
Ariel167@fileshare
asheejojo@Kazaa
Ashley@Grokster
azn_bahamut@Kazaa
B.B.C@Kazaa
badandy@Kazaa
Benchy987@Kazaa
Bigeasssy24@Kazaa
Bigpimpinitopey187@Kazaa
bigjohnhc@Kazaa
blazel@Kazaa
bluemonkey13@Kazaa
Boilermaker1214@Kazaa
brentandjonna@Kazaa
brich410@Kazaa
budman5000@Kazaa
Bush323@Kazaa
cado@Kazaa
Carolyn@fileshare
Casal@Kazaa
cbegalle@Kazaa
cherriie@Kazaa
CLOVER77@Kazaa
Corky101@Kazaa
Cortez1023@Kazaa
CowgirlMDR@Kazaa
crazyface@Kazaa
d-dubb@Grokster
dallass@Kazaa
daredevil@Kazaa
DEFAINCE357@Kazaa
definitely_ditzy@Kazaa
dimples0530@Kazaa
dmadigan@Kazaa
dotzbadger@Kazaa
dubcha@Kazaa
dulfingurl2@Kazaa
Dyellagurl22@Kazaa
Dziion@Kazaa
eddieh@Kazaa
emmi4@Kazaa
enbbarnes@Kazaa
ERIKA@Kazaa
felicia_alvarado@Kazaa
flowerpower0818@fileshare
fox3j@Kazaa
freckles72587@Kazaa
fritzbuilding@Kazaa
Generalby@Kazaa
Ghettobootybabe8@Kazaa
h2ochamp@kazaa
harris@Kazaa
heather_thee_amazing@Kazaa
hoami316@Kazaa
hooterzzz@Kazaa
hottdude0587@Kazaa
HyDang@Kazaa
ilovemydez@Kazaa
indepunk74@Kazaa
inthisroom@Kazaa
jamonie@Kazaa
JE_WV@Kazaa
Jeff@Kazaa
Jessica@Kazaa
jim@Kazaa
joanjett@Kazaa
joe@Kazaa
jomada@Kazaa
JustineRiot@Kazaa
kelney12@Kazaa
kenne007@Kazaa
KrAyZiE@Kazaa
ktgurl13@Grokster
kunstrukter@Kazaa
ladypimp8669@Kazaa
laurelbean@Kazaa
leahpate@Kazaa
LiLHuNnIe1480@Kazaa
Lisweet@Kazaa
Lyssy348@Kazaa
madkirk@fileshare
Marge4131@Kazaa
Marla262@Kazaa
mgokey@Kazaa
mike@Kazaa
Motivator@Kazaa
munkeyspanker21@Kazaa
nikki@Kazaa
Niltiak@Kazaa
Nodopefor2@Kazaa
paulina@Kazaa
pdia@Kazaa
PDJ1846@Kazaa
Playgirlmama@Kazaa
Prtythug23@Kazaa
qjade512@Kazaa
rebecca_m_122@Kazaa
rips42@Kazaa
rochelle@Kazaa
RockOn182@Kazaa
samlionofzino@Kazaa
shakobe@Kazaa
shonga84@Kazaa
sk8boyben@Kazaa
sneil@Kazaa
soccerdog@Kazaa
StolenSi@Kazaa
sus@Kazaa
Sweet3114@Kazaa
sweetthang1421@Kazaa
TheLastReal7@Kazaa
TMONEYNDHIZOUSE@kazaa
Tyler@Kazaa
Unit984@Kazaa
Westly_NoGood@Kazaa
www.k_lite.tk_Kazaa_Lite@Kazaa
Darkath

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: RIAA Hit List Reply with quote

SpeCies wrote:

That's the default user name for KaZaA K++ when you first install it. There are probably so many people with that exact screenname, how do they trace one person?

^^^ Clicky
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new K++ blocks your ip anyways :/
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what are they in trouble for? Uploading music to make available for download, or just downloading the music?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploading I think.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait 'til they find out that a portion of the sharer's are kids who are 12-16 years old. That 12-16 year old will probably end up on MTV and make the RIAA look bad. RIAA isn't going to win unless they send millions of users to jail...good luck.

PS: Lower the price of cd's. Most artists get less than a quarter per cd sale. The big 5 are bloated. There's more parody now with indy labels getting bigger. Even vet bands like the Eagles, Cheap Trick, and Pearl Jam are going indie and producing everything themselves. Cuts costs and they have a lower overhead.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys wanna hear a funny story, my friend got an email from comcast telling him to unshare something like 400 songs, 30 or so games, and 20 or so movies. you wanna know what he did?? he moved them all out of the kazaa folder. needless to say they thought he deleted them. so now he just downloads them and moves them instantly.

jack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: RIAA Hit List Reply with quote

At first it is that by default but all of the names above are original and not pc generated. This new version is Lite because it's Spyware Free. It allows the user to block this associations IP addresses but does nothing to help protect the user from the RIAA and it's non-published IP addresses.

The F.B.I imbeds internet chat rooms with officials posing as children to nab the preverts. So, why can't the RIAA do the same when exchanging files with you ? Don't believe the Hype is all that I have to say

DaRkAtH wrote:
SpeCies wrote:

That's the default user name for KaZaA K++ when you first install it. There are probably so many people with that exact screenname, how do they trace one person?
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they track you by ip adress then just get a router. problem solved.
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

word. i have a router so they cant stop the rock.
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think frag is right. The RIAA made the miustake of raising CD prices so much that they indirectly forced computer programmers to create something aka NAPSTER. Now that they have this problem they have done nothing but piss people off to fix it thus making more programmers angry thus creating better software to download media. The RIAA needs to 1) fire the president of their association. Whenever theyare own she makes them look like an ass 2) lower prices of CD's. I think this is the root of the problem and if they had lowered CD prices to 8-10 bucks would there be as many people downloading music...more than likely not 3) stop playing the "we are being victimized here" role. This is the most sickening. Sure they are losing some money but the amount of money they are keeping is ungodly and still keeps them nicely afloat. Yes they are losing money but not all of it can be traced back to people downloading music. The quality of music has gone down, the economy has effected it, ticket sales in general around the country are down, and the RIAA was riding high on bubble gum pop such as NYSNC, Backstreet boys and Britney Spears all of which are gone now so sure they are going to lose money.

The things i find really amusing about all this are that they keep angering the wrong people. They keep annoying the hackers who see this as a game. Also the RIAA is having this fit i don't see the MPAA doing much if anything. Sure they aren't really in the same boat but the MPAA has not raised ticket prices considerable if at all ever since people started stealing movies. I think the RIAA just needs to relax and be more open to trying to solve the problem peacefully instead of trying to destroy a roach with a rocket launcher. The RIAA will lose it will never win this battle unless all the internet is shut down. Eventually in my humble opinion what will happen is that they will sue some rich kid or rich person who has millions or billions of dollars cause so far they have attacked teen agers who don't have cash. Now when they attack this person with all this money he will attack back and he will win and he will drag the RIAA down into the mud where they belong.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I would pay for a subscription similar to emusic's but with popular artist and not just ones over the hill. No streaming crap either like Rhapsody. Apple's in a better direction but to charge .79 per song is laughable.

2. CD Quality is still better than 320 bit rate. The CD sounds is superior to any MP3 at any bitrate. However Billboard is listing their top 100 cd prices at $18.99 and $19.99. Why? Cause the RIAA said so? That isn't fair market competition in my opinion. It is gouging, collusion, and fixing imo.

3. As much as I do or don't like to admit it. The hacker will always be ahead of the anti-hacker. Always has and always will for the foreseeable future. We admins deal with this on a scale at the Ville. Look at the RIAA tactics and what I "think" hackers did and will do to get around this.

Happened...

a- RIAA has Napster shut down (here's where they could've made their own sponsored service at say $20 a month for 5 albums, $40 for 12, and the unlimited package at say $70. I bet some people would fork out coin for this.

b- File sharers go underground spawning kazza, morpheous, and winmx to name a few. The RIAA responds with suing now going after ISP's.

Now---

a- Verizon loses and is forced to turn over lists of people. The RIAA is trying the scare tactics and working to some degree.

reaction - Hackers already came out with the Kazaa Lite K++ version. The next logical step is a program to encode or scramble the IP that the RIAA person who is trying to catch the sharer. I also bet some hackers will have programs to trace the IP of the incoming computer. Now if that happens and IP ranges are braodcasted to where they are. They are toast. I've already discussed what happens when they sue the first 15 year old high school freshman. He then makes an appearance on MTV saying it's gone too far.

b- The RIAA comes back with putting trojans of some sort in the file to "destroy" the downloader.

reaction - If that happens and it comes from the RIAA. The attacks they get now will be done worse to them.

It's gonna be a cat and mouse game for a long time. Some people probably will go to jail with the rapists, murderers, and drug smugglers. 4 million people on sharing files at any time of the night just on Kazaa. 6 million during prime time. So they are going to prosecute and jail to the equivalent of the population of L.A.? The RIAA at some point will have to let the pipe dream go that things will stay the same. It's too late for that and they made themselves in the image of the greedy monster. Its not like the artists are getting a big chunk per sale either by the way. The artists that have come out against it publicly are the ones with the guaranteed record deals or the ones that get a bigger % of each cd sold.

Janis Ian can't even sell her own music online. Her sales tripled when she started selling her albums online. Her record company threatened to sue her for file sharing her own material. It's not even about the artists themselves, it's about the company.

All they have to do is put out an online service where you can download (PS: Apple's service is no deal at all and people are still signing up. In fact their service at .79 per mp3 song still has you paying $11 for a 128 bit rate album.) Do a better service (and wee bit lower rates) and also lower cd prices of new cd's from $18 down to the $12 range. You'll have people back at the stores. Until then I will buy at the used store. BTW the RIAA is going after used cd stores looking for royalties off of resold cd's. So when a person buys a crappy cd and sells it. They deserve to get a second royalty because someone bought it used and it sucks?

This is as bad as when the post office wanted to charge for emails.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: