FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PEOPLE DISLEXA?!?!?!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:11 am    Post subject: PEOPLE DISLEXA?!?!?! Reply with quote

OK people if you havnt noticed i spell a lot of things wrong. Its mostly likey becuase i mostly have dislexea. WIch sucks, but i rpobley do i get all the words cofused. They look differnt. Well i havnt been tested yet, but im going to and when i do ill let you all know. You can cut me some slack if its the truth.
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: PEOPLE DISLEXA?!?!?! Reply with quote

GellyRoll wrote:
OK people if you havnt noticed i spell a lot of things wrong. Its mostly likey becuase i mostly have dislexea. WIch sucks, but i rpobley do i get all the words cofused. They look differnt. Well i havnt been tested yet, but im going to and when i do ill let you all know. You can cut me some slack if its the truth.

I am glad you mentioned this Gelly. I spend a great deal of time online in irc or using usenet. theville is one of the only places that I have run across where it is acceptable to comment on people's spelling and grammer. Most places I hang out it is concidered very rude to make these sort of comments.

THis is not spelling class or grammer school. Its a place to frag and have some fun outside of RL. When it all comes down to it we all know very little about each other. Some of your closest friends here may be mentally handicap, dyslexic, or english may be there second language. I'm sure these people have enough troubles with day to day life without listening to you whine about there spelling...............
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is odd to call someone on their spelling but I believe that "here" any mention was for the persons own good. Not as a slight. I know I have learned to write and spell and type faster since coming here.
Gelly can improve as we all can with practice and understanding from all.

That what makes this place special and seperates it from others.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often thought if dyslexia was the case. Just out of curiousity, are you good with 3d stuff like drawing, acting, or mechanics?
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think when some people here make comments about peoples typing, they are just joking around. That is in my case anyway, when I make those comments I don't mean anything by it and I am sorry if it ever offends anybody.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chen Kenichi wrote:
I've often thought if dyslexia was the case. Just out of curiousity, are you good with 3d stuff like drawing, acting, or mechanics?

yes im pretty good at the hole acting thing. BTW i no you guys are joking, but i just wanted to let you no. I was tired last night sorry.
Turbo!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Gelly if it bugs ya just tell us and we'll stop.

Let us know soon. And deslexia isnt so bad, I know alot of ppl with it and they get by just fine.

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bubbles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not alone Gelly I gots it too. I just learned how to spell the words wrong so when i type them they will be right. No, I had a really hard time in school cuz of it but i think it gets better with age. Its nothing to worrie about.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah gelly if people start to bug ya let us know and i am sure they will stop immediatly and if they don't then they will get a swift kick in the bum by me. My friend has deslexia and when he types on AIM and what not he just has to slow down. But he did get unlimited time on the ACT and SAT and all his test in college so hey its got some advantages.

Powdermilkman
Bubbles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats not fair I didn't get no time advantages...grrr... LOL oh well to late to say somthing now
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's new...ish..(ok its kinda old but hasn't been taken seriously until now)......study going into sufferers of dyslexia, it seems that your perception of words can be improved by wearing blue/green glasses (i can't remember which),sounds strange huh?.

And hey why should ppl with dyslexia be put down, its not their fault and you cannot force them to improve, also even though some of the words are mixed up i can still get the general idea of what people such as gelly are writing. Stop being so mean ppl (i did read the other posts and understand that most don't mean any offence)
Turbo!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey think of it this way: gelly is just helping us for when bobins gets drunk and posts. Thanx Gelly!

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turbo! wrote:
hey think of it this way: gelly is just helping us for when bobins gets drunk and posts. Thanx Gelly!

awwwww np. lol

well i know you guys are no trying to affend me or anything. Its ok just to much kidda bugs me sometimes. A little is ok. I know i am a bad speller though. Even with this dislexea. I type fast to, but wahtever. Its all good guys.
Vicoden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't have to worry about me making fun of your grammar or spelling....I'm blind.
GellyRoll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
You won't have to worry about me making fun of your grammar or spelling....I'm blind.

are you serouis???? or are you being mean lol.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: