FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Not that anyone noticed...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Not that anyone noticed... Reply with quote

BUT

i had been gone for a few days trying to fix stuff on my comp. Now i'm closer to being entirely back. Just got a new 80GB hd and some RAM ( which isn't working so its almost like i didn't buy it) and i jsut got xp pro installed.

***walks over to tech forum***

so does nayone know why my RAM is being so screwy? i've moved it around and all but the new 256 chip i got jsut won't work well. i put it and another 256 in and it came up around 280 sometihng,, i sued to show 320 from my 64 and my 256. but when i replaced my two old ones its now only coming up at 256. its all weird and gonna take a lot of shifting i think.

*comes back to general ramblings*

so yeah i'll hopefully be playing soon enough
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurry up sweetheart....we are waiting for you...(bell rings in back ground)
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giz, if your machine takes PC100 ram and you got PC133 there have been lots of problems with getting the PC133 to work even though it used to work.

A bios upgrade on the motherboard may help but not often.

I would suggest returning the ram and visiting Ebay if you cannot find any PC100.

JD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crucial.com carries PC100 ram. I just ordered some and it works fine. hope to see you soon!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as it turns out my system is pc100, i got pc133 because i had thought it worked fine, and so did everyone else i asked ( a whole 1 person) but now when i check my BIOS it says that my ram slot1 isn't even installed.... whats up with that.

and i even got my old HD slaved and working so now i have a bout 95 total usable gigs of space between the two

and in case you dind't know i got the new one because i installed a version of direct x that caused me many problems and was not uninstallable,plus my comp had not enjoyed doing system restores. so now i not only hvae all my old stuff, but a working xp pro HD and a western digital 7200 rpm 8mb cache main drive...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

( now to fiddle with the RAM more)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that the largest chip is in slot 0 / slot 1. Different memory chip manufacturers start at different numbers.Then if this does not do it for you then I would go ahead and re-set your Bios back to it's original factory default setting. Closing the CMOS reset jumper would be the easiest way.

This may work but you will have to reset all of your other settings?

If your CMOS is fixed at 100mhz FSB then it's useless to even try using a higher mhz chip
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to go with PC100 rather than trying to get the PC133's to work.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: