FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Problems i am having with DOD

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Problems i am having with DOD Reply with quote

Okay lately i have been having a load of problems with the DOD servers.

Server number 4 problems started about two days ago. Everytime the map changes i get timmed out or the map never loads and i am left in limbo. It acts like its going to change but never does and this really annoys me especially when i am having a hot day like i was just a minute ago.

Server number 9 has managed to create a problem with me in just a few hours of existence. Anyway its problem with me is it wont let me log on it. It will act like its loading up then it will kick me back to windows. Similar to what the Flash bug does to people every once in awhile.

I would of just sent a PM to the host of the servers but i wasn't sure who controled four and =B3-NaniteFog-USV= the Private Message gods wouldn't let me private message ya. So any help from anyone will be more then helpful(okay yeah sounds funny).

Powdermilkman
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<BUMP>
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Problems i am having with DOD Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
Okay lately i have been having a load of problems with the DOD servers.

Server number 4 problems started about two days ago. Everytime the map changes i get timmed out or the map never loads and i am left in limbo. It acts like its going to change but never does and this really annoys me especially when i am having a hot day like i was just a minute ago.

Server number 9 has managed to create a problem with me in just a few hours of existence. Anyway its problem with me is it wont let me log on it. It will act like its loading up then it will kick me back to windows. Similar to what the Flash bug does to people every once in awhile.

I would of just sent a PM to the host of the servers but i wasn't sure who controled four and =B3-NaniteFog-USV= the Private Message gods wouldn't let me private message ya. So any help from anyone will be more then helpful(okay yeah sounds funny).

Powdermilkman

your first prob i have been having all day long yesterday.
solutuion: well actually no solution, open yopur console (normally you will see load failed) type retry and the map should load.

havent had any probs on nanites server.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having the same problems off and on for a while now. I'm not sure what the problem could be so I have no advice to give. When you do find out be sure to let me in on the secret

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am suprised Silver didnt respond yet..

Your first problem is probably just due to the t1 on tv4 being streched to its limits, but that should go away as Silver is getting it Upgraded to a Full 1.5 mbps TODAY, so that should take care of all the time outs there,

Also the second problem has been happening to me alot lately, on any server and no matter what I do I just have to try joining 5 or 6 times before i can get in. I just thought it was due to the fact that I overclock my pc, or my video drivers..

Also, I wonder if the DOD team just has a few bugs to work out.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make me feel better that i am not the only one with this problem...but hopefully we can get to the bottom of it so that this wont happen to anyone else.

Powder
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I have any advice to offer Powder. TV9 does have a few issues to work out like the crawl being so slow but I haven't had DOD drop me back to my desktop before.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having the time out problem on tv2 and 3 every once in a while, but a retry usually solves the problem. And when I first started playing DoD, I had the problem where it took 5 or 6 tries to get on.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see the thing is i wouldn't mind trying multiple times to get on the server but due the popularity of DOD here well if you don't get in the first time you might as well 30 minutes and try again. So getting the problem fixed would be FANTASTIC.

Powdermilkman
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or having a Gold Membership will help solve your problems too. If the server is full you can use a reserved slot

God Bless You Blue Ruler
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Or having a Gold Membership will help solve your problems too. If the server is full you can use a reserved slot

Yeah what he said

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to sound like an ass but if my computer would fix this problem it seems to be having with the servers i wouldn't need a gold membership to join the servers

Powdermilkman

P.S. Thought i should add before i get myself into trouble. In no way, shape or form am i blaming the hosts of the servers i am having trouble with. I believe strongly that my computer is going through PMS at the momment. Anyway just wanted to say that before anyone reigned down on me like a demon.
[NoClan]Lunt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems i am having with DOD Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:

this really annoys me especially when i am having a hot day like i was just a minute ago.

you having a hot day...thats a good one powder....
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems i am having with DOD Reply with quote

[Focus]Lunt wrote:
powdermilkman wrote:

this really annoys me especially when i am having a hot day like i was just a minute ago.

you having a hot day...thats a good one powder....

I thought he was just going through menopause...
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No see a hot day would be when i turn off my A.C. and turn on the heat in my apartment and sweat runs off my forehead while i play to simulate the heat of places like CAEN, AVALANCHE, and ANZIO. Now with Kalt i turn the A.C. to its lowest settings so it feels like winter. See its all about playing in real life enviroments so you can play your best and perform under the stress. You don't want to know what happens when donner comes on.

Oh notice powdermilkMAN no menopause

oh finally one last thing...LUNT you have a date with my bayonet hehehe
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: