FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Your most embarrassing moment on theville?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktulu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things that make you go Doh!

My most embarrassing moment was on Avanti after the game when I forgot I was playing on theville servers and there were a bunch of regulars on my team I said:

"If you learn to protect the engies you will never lose"

I then looked at the responses, realized where I was at and crawled under my mouse.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was when I was playing Avanti, and someone had taken the flag into the hallway to cap 2. The person died and I grabbed the flag thinking we had capped 2. I ran to 3 and kept pushing to cap. Then I finally got the flag onto cap 3 and nothing happened. DOH!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is incredibly embarassing for someone who made his name as an Engie . . .

When I first came to Avantiville, I was pretty much a complete TFC newbie. I had spent a week or so Sniper dueling at various servers, but didn't know anything else about the game. My first round at the Ville, I went out and was promptly mowed down by a sentry gun.

"Okay, mental note . . . . this map has some kind of gun guarding that spot. Go another way next time."

So I go a different direction. And get mowed down by another sentry gun.

"Damn, this game is brutal. These maps have guns everywhere."

After a few games, I compiled a mental list of places where those darn guns were. But . . . they weren't always there. What the heck?? This was driving me nuts.

Finally, after a few DAYS of complete confusion, I'm playing defense and see an Engineer on my team building a sentry gun himself. Sudden realization . . . .

"You magnificent bastard! This is all YOUR fault!!!"

Thus began six months of obsessive Engineering on my part. Don't even ask how long it took me to figure out how to upgrade my sentry . . .

Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is from my first couple of days playing TFC/here. I was on Crossover and needed a medic. I figured out that a key made you shout for a medic. So here I am screaming for a medic, and an Engineer comes up to (unknown to me) help my armor. This guy just starts beating on me...I was like, what is this guy's deal? I was a HW, and promply opened fire on the guy....Yeah, I respawned pretty quick. Then after he, and several others that were near by, stopped laughing at me, he told me about Mirror Damage.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst is when I switched teams a few days ago and forgot I switched for about 3 minutes. DOH!

After shooting a teammate about 3 times someone said "Frag, what the hell are you doing?" I just said "Oh, wrong team." Felt like a n00b

[ This Message was edited by: FragFailure on 2002-01-12 15:13 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL that happens ALL the time to me. CyCoMom laughs at me when we are on BattleCom and I switch teams for the next couple minutes she hears my mantra !!

"Your Blue, shoot Red. Your Blue Shoot Red."

Over and over I repeat it to myself

Mine would be having an all out battle and make my way to the flag room guns blazzing and nades tossing and realize I somehow doubled back and got turned around and am in my own flag room ...Shoulda made a right in Albakerky ....eh what's up Doc ?

Oh TYO, I remember when you were first playing engie on the Ville servers. You were standing there beating a level 1 SG and not getting any packs and as I passed you each time I hit your gun. First it went to level 2 then later I ran by and hit it again to make it level 3. You were on top of the ramp outside the Deathroom and wwe were still defending 2. But you certainly improved over time
Hired Goon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny but true CycoDad. When I switch teams, I say either:

'If he's red, he's dead'
or 'If he's blue, he's goo' (lame, but I had to think of something)

What's embarassing is when I get my bearings wrong and pick the wrong phrase. Doh!
Bubba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my most embaasing moment might be now im not a newb (u guys know that) and i dont know what mirror damnage is :/ and one in the game might have been whene i was on a server (not here) and i was trying to speak to the other team with my mic and that was when i was noob

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.
-- Bubba

Squriley AKA Little EagleEyes
Bubba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirror damage is when you shoot someone and you get the damage... BY GEORGE I THINK I GOT IT!

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.
-- Bubba

Squriley AKA Little EagleEyes
kazebari?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I remember when i was but a wee little rookie...

I kept saying to everyone "How do you make those guns have 2 barrels? Is it a different gun?"

Since no one answered, i decided to watch other engies. They banged their wrenches on the sg, so I thought "hey, after continually banging the sg, I could make it better!"

Hah. A few days later I noticed that there was a bowling ball in the corner of my screen when i took my wrench out.

Suddenly everything hit me like a lightning bolt.

LOL
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowling Ball! LOL! That kinda makes me think a A Christmas Story. "It's some kind of blue ball. Ahhh It's a bowling ball." Just for a memory check, doesn't that symbol in the corner of the screen represent steel?

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm trying to type something and I miss the "say" key and before I know it I've hit all my "say" binds selected a new team and typed out part of a message that makes no sence.

Then I have to go along with the attacking your own team because your confused.
I say KILL RED or BLUE over and over until the moment passes.

My most personel moment was after joining a server and playing for a while I noticed some were spinning and jumping in place.
I asked them what they were doing with no response. I kept playing and they kept spinning. They would move around to different spots. I finialy started doing it too with a couple of them. They still would not talk. Another person joined the game and was playing and I said something like "These guys won't talk and there dancing. Come up to Cp3 and join us. There was a pause then the guy says they're BOTS...look at their ping! Talk about time standing still...

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2002-01-13 07:14 ]
kazebari?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

symbol represents "cells"
LanceMantis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine would have to be when I blew up my own mg multiple times when trying to upgrade it.

Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine was when i kept getting killed by other spys nades...i thought "why do there nades blow up soo fast?" so i kept throwing my nade in the corner ahead of time (never worked), a few days later i held the betton and there was a beeping sound (what was that sound?) and BOOOM i died.... i figured out it was that timer.

[ This Message was edited by: Secret Agent Man on 2002-01-12 20:34 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: