FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DoD crashing in XP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: DoD crashing in XP Reply with quote

I can't get DoD to work on my new computer. It crashes right as the console is starting to scroll up off the screen when I connect. It gives me an error asking to send an error report.

I have Windows XP Pro, a 64 mb NVIDIA GeForce4 4200 Go video card, 2.6 ghz P4 processor, and 512 mb RAM. Not sure what else is needed.

I tried looking on the website and they mentioned some problems with XP and DoD, but I couldn't make sense of all of it. I tried TFC and it works fine, so I know it's DoD that's causing it.

Any help would be appreciated.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing.. was flash the map on the server when you were connecting?
If so that is your problem. There is a random bug in that map and it happens to everyone at times. Same problem you are describing. This bug can happen 1 night then not happen for days or weeks. There is no fix for it as of yet.

If it happens on any server, are your drivers up to date? Did ya try to re-install DoD?

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf

Last edited by SilverOne on Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried each server on about 3 different maps. I could try to reinstall DoD because I installed it before I updated HL. I'll try that when I get the chance. I just got the computer Monday so I think my drivers are up to date. Anyway, thanks for the quick response.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah try a re-install of DoD first and see if that works. If not we will have to dig deeper.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had no problems with dod and win xp at all until i did a windows update and installed directx 9a nothing but problems i made sure i upgraded my bios and my sound and video drivers. kept having the same problem as soon as dod connected it it would just reboot my system..treid everything and finally resorted to pulling out my sound card because i took a guess that this was the problem.sure enough it booted so i renstalled my sound card and so far so good

RIP- BlueRuler
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does that to me and I use win98. It doesnt happen when I physically click join after high lighting a server. If I double click the server then it crashes. Now if only I could find a way to keep it from freezing up. #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smegma wrote:
i had no problems with dod and win xp at all until i did a windows update and installed directx 9a nothing but problems i made sure i upgraded my bios and my sound and video drivers. kept having the same problem as soon as dod connected it it would just reboot my system..treid everything and finally resorted to pulling out my sound card because i took a guess that this was the problem.sure enough it booted so i renstalled my sound card and so far so good

It wasn't rebooting my computer. Half-Life was just crashing when I connected. I will try to reinstall DoD when I get home and see if it works.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing would be did you change stuff around in your configs?

I had a problem when I was disabling stuff to try to help my lag and fps issues. I ended up disabling something I shouldn't have and I couldn't get dod to run. Luckily I backed up all my config folders and such and I was able to just delete and reinsert the untouched config folder.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Lionheart

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this EXACT same problem!! I have Windows XP as well, and it happened right when I tried to play DOD. TFC worked fine however. What I ended up doing was uninstalling everything, and deleting DOD from my system. Than I reinstalled (I have Counter-Strike) Counter-Strike, then I updated Counter-Strike, and THEN I installed DOD. After that Everything worked fine.

Hope this helps!
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reinstalled DoD and it works fine now. I was having lag problems because I didn't change any settings yet. I got banned when I asked, so I got the changed from my old computer and I'm gonna see if it helps. I still have to try tv4 where I used to do better with fewer players and see if it's better. In a few days I'll do these things, but at least it's working now.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: