FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Have you ever heard of.........

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CUreact

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure if you all have heard of Roger Wilco its a game voice chat the you dont even have to be in a game for .you just set up a channel for peeps to join and the clarity is incridible much better that the voice chat that is included in the Game TF .There are 2 versions of this and the older one is much better .Now the new one is avilble on downloads.com and the older one i can send you just email me or catch me on aim .it is really simple to use and like i say its much better than the voice chat offered in CF or TF email me at dcox94@hotmail.com or catch me on aim Powaid3 id prefer aim or msn messg ...Thank you ...DAVID
CUreact

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lol i guess no one was or is intrested in Roger Wilco lol
Bubba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of it.. its ok i dont use it cause TFC already has a voice chat thing
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard it's really good to have. I guess a lot of the CS clans used to use it back in the day. I'd get it, but I don't know anyone else that has it to play with.
CUreact

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i know what ya mean but its all in you m8s having it also .The thing i have noticed on the game chat is that hardly no one ever uses and even if you do use it and ask for something no one pays attion .When you have rw you can easly comunicate with your m8s i am on all the time and always have rw set up feel free to join 24.58.195.195 .Thank You ...David
stupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the tfc chat is better than roger wilco, battlecom, or gamesound. You just have to set voice_overdrive between 5-7 so that you can actually hear.
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive heard of it Game Spy spams the hell out of it. Crooks im givin gs up now that ive found theville.
CUreact

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i guess its all in what your comfertable with i have been using RW now for about 7 months and i guess i just like the clarity of it and you meet your m8s on it and know exactly where your going and what your doing in a game and can easily pick the right sides but like i said its all in what your used to
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a Roger Wilco basestation at the Ville for a while. Not sure why it got shut down ( hmm maybe it is still running ? ).

I use BattleCom mostly but had to load Team Sound because a couple of gamers we play with loaded XP and BattleCom has problems with XP. It figures that M$ bought BattleCom from Shadowfactor and had to tie some Hardware to it to make more money. Now Battlecom is no longer supported.

Only major problem I had with RW was it sounded like everyone was sucking helium and it loaded stuff I didn't want when I installed it. Some kinda gator crap I think. For the most part it worked but did lag a bit before you heard it, we had better results with BattleCom. Team Sound has a big LAG when you use it as well. With RW and Team Sound I hear CyCoMom say something in the other room and seconds pass before I hear it in my headphones. That didn't happen with BattleCom. Like you said though, it's all what you get used to.
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used it once or twice with Rogue Spear (it comes with it) but that game is laggy enough without it and there was also a phrase for about anything id want to say in the game already built in it so I just bound it to a key and i soon Ditched it.

CUreact

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i think you guys had the new Roger Wilco which once again i say SUCKS and dose come bundeled with alot of crap there is like a 1 sec or so delay i have noticed this being on the phone with one of my m8 said something on RW and heard it a sec or to later lol as far as clarity its better when you have a head set vrs just a mic like i said if anyone need the old version which dose not come bundled with anything let me know
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: