FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DoD hacks and stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizanked wrote:

did......

it.....

hurt????

Stealing my thunder?

snip time

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: DoD hacks and stuff Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:

The garand is the best weapon to find an aimbot user, since to kill in one shot you need an head shot. So if a player is constantly having headshot with this weapon there is a good chance it is an aimbot.

Paddyjack wrote:

The other one had me thinking, because he was playing with the k43 carbine, and killing in one shot every time I saw him, which means he was headshot all the time

*cough* the garand and k43 will also kill in one shot when you shoot a guy in the chest region. Just thought you'd like to know.

Last edited by Kazebari on Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The garand will only kill in 1 shot if the person is shot in the head, or if he is already low on health. It usually takes 2 to 3 shots to a person with full health taking shots to the chest.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooo, garand kills in one shot if you shoot the guy in the head OR chest. Arms and legs dish out 90 dmg. The carbine only kills in one shot if you shoot the guy in the head

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12549

Quote:
Garand - 120 points per bullet hit (90 points if in arms or legs.

The Garand and K43 take one shot to kill if they hit the chest, but two if they hit arms and/or legs.

Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
The carbine only kills in one shot if you shoot the guy in the head

the carbine, along with any other gun besides the sniper rifles, the enfield, and the kar, only can kill in one shot if you shoot the guy in the head.

This is good, especially for pistol wielders like me. careful aim means less wasted ammo.

Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12549

Quote:
Garand - 120 points per bullet hit (90 points if in arms or legs.

The Garand and K43 take one shot to kill if they hit the chest, but two if they hit arms and/or legs.

That is interesting. I think I may have overlooked the usefulness of the K43, thought Nuclei did praise it to me many times at works (he likes it). I think tonight will be a "Paddy the K43 man" night

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blood_shot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ask private mitchell hes would know all about cheats #alien
he seem to be able to shot perfect will strafing and his guns come with x-ray!
Capt.Morgan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: DoD hacks and stuff Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:
Azrael wrote:
How can I tell if someone is cheating? There are sometimes a lot of accusations flying around the game, but I honestly don't know how to spot the different cheats, which kind of goes along with not knowing what all the cheats are.

If someone is being accused of cheating, what is the normal course of action by the admins? I mean, do they have ways of detecting that kind of stuff, or is it all done by watching the game itself? Since I am a supporter, I am assuming I have the kick vote thingy, but I've never used it, and am loathe to start using it.

Easy to spot a guy cheating, he is usually killing you more than you do...

Yes, I'm being sarcastic here, but this one line describe perfectly what is often happening on the server. The problem with many DoD players is they often think they invented the wheel. They hide in one place, thinking it is original, however when one is playing every nights, one knows all the hiding places and learn to watch for it (usually from a painful first experience. Some people have better monitors, and what is a dark area for some players, is brighter for others. Also, some players have earphones turned high, so your footsteps are telling these players that you are about to round the corner.... and finally, some players makes educated guesses based on experience.

So how can you find a cheater? I think the only way is to go spectator and make a demo on first person. What you want to look for is aimbot and wall hack, and maybe anti-recoil, that is the only thing I ever caught somebody with, and even this is not easy, unless he is using the BAR. The garand is the best weapon to find an aimbot user, since to kill in one shot you need an head shot. So if a player is constantly having headshot with this weapon there is a good chance it is an aimbot. Then you go to the complaint department, submit your case and send the demo.

However, in all honesty, some nights I can be a killing machine at this game, mostly because I use all the tricks I enumerated in the first paragraph, and also because I play a lot. And so far, I did not see too much people using something strange, or if they do, they are really dumb because i probably best them I think that if somebody was using an helper, I would know.

On the other hand, some nights I suck, it's like I'm always the second one to shoot, while I'm doing exactly as usual. I think those nights it is latency issues, and thus, I think that some shots that were killers were actually missed because of lag, and so you turn out dead instead, while thinking "this guy must cheat, I emptied my gun into him"

So if you start witch hunting, you will find it difficult

Just wanted to say that Garand and K43 are able to kill with one shot other than in the head. Just another thing for you to think about when before you accuse someone of AIMBOT.
Capt.Morgan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood_shot wrote:
ask private mitchell hes would know all about cheats #alien
he seem to be able to shot perfect will strafing and his guns come with x-ray!

Private Mitchell doesn't cheat, and what were you trying to say anyway?

he seem to be able to shot perfect will strafing
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt.Morgan wrote:

Private Mitchell doesn't cheat, and what were you trying to say anyway?

he seem to be able to shoot perfect will strafing

If you're not him, then you don't know for sure.... I haven't played against him, so I will not offer an opinion.

I do know there are a few who are running h4x. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get something on demo. However, rather than accuse...since I can not prove, I say nothing. If it gets too bad, and I get too pissed about it, I simply leave.

I find that most times I can come back in about an hour and the particular offender is gone, and I have an enjoyable evening playing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I went to a server administrated by a DoD clan. Their players were there. I got rammed so bad it hurts in my backside this morning. At some points, one of their players was shooting with the BAR, strafing standing up and hitting his targets....

I was like.... ok "what is it I do NOT know". I mean, sometimes players are more skilled than others because they know more tricks. But I've played with the BAR, and one thing I noticed is the terrible recoil when shooting standing up, not to mention if you strafe at the same time! Same with that K43 guy the other night, I mean, running around and constantly killing in one shot with this weapon....geez. But it was also a guy playing in a clan.

I'm thinking about joining a clan, just to learn their secrets! j/k

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Seele_Kriecher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as far as accusing people of hacking if i see some1 with like a 5-1 kill/death ratio ill start to think... but there have been times when ive gotten around 20 kills withot being killed once and i dont hack so if there is a player that has a kill/death total close to or the same as one ive had i wont say anything.
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:
Last night I went to a server administrated by a DoD clan. Their players were there. I got rammed so bad it hurts in my backside this morning. At some points, one of their players was shooting with the BAR, strafing standing up and hitting his targets....

I was like.... ok "what is it I do NOT know". I mean, sometimes players are more skilled than others because they know more tricks. But I've played with the BAR, and one thing I noticed is the terrible recoil when shooting standing up, not to mention if you strafe at the same time! Same with that K43 guy the other night, I mean, running around and constantly killing in one shot with this weapon....geez. But it was also a guy playing in a clan.

I'm thinking about joining a clan, just to learn their secrets! j/k

paddy, if you'll notice with a BAR, the first shot or two will hit pretty accurately on the crosshair. ::shrug:: maybe that's how.

or maybe he's constantly holding the "view_lookdown" button or whatever so that the recoil is counterbalanced

btw, the correct term is side-step, not strafe.
Seele_Kriecher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i believe the word strafe is correct along with side-step
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: