FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why does that Neo crap gotta be on most of the servers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, okay. I guess I've read several books for English Comp classes (The Education of Little Tree from 8th grade stands out in my mind) that have been littered with "off color" remarks. I used to have a mouth that would make sailors blush. But, I've learned that if you can get your point across without "colorful metaphors", people (mainly women) are more likely to take notice and respect you and your opinions, than if you'd gone and used "phuc" (or some variant of it) as every part of a sentence. (I actually did this once, so it is possible)

So... I should have said, "pretend you're writing with a woman you want to impress with your savvy, charm and intellectual wit looking over your shoulder, and you'll be okay".

{edited for some grammar and spelling}

[ This Message was edited by: Snaggletooth on 2002-01-10 03:33 ]
stupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall continue the dead horse beating...
1. I lag like a mofo on the NTF servers. The thing is, when the map first starts I'm all good, but then when the teams fill out I start to lag. Maybe reducing the player limit to 18 or 16 could fix that problem.
2. NTF is much more fragile to llamaism. Its easy for a llama to ruin an NTF game by running around killing his own team's mgs (just look at the number of posts in the complaint department about that).
3. There are certain maps which are completely broken by the NTF mod (ie dustbowl). Also, in the map Well there is a certain tesla placement in the fr that is nearly impossible to overcome (took me an entire 30 minute round to kill it once, and im no n00b).
4. Other than the airstrike, the defenders get the cool weapons, so it encourages an entire team to play defense, which makes it miserable to play offense. I should rephrase that, if your team is n00bified it magnifies your team's n00bness, making the game end 0-0, or one team just completely and totally owning the other team (more so than whats capable with regular tfc).

sorry for the dead horse beating I know this is the topic that never dies.

[ This Message was edited by: stupid on 2002-01-10 10:46 ]
ice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple resolution boyz:

just mulch

nothing in between you and the other guys "skills"

all additives (neo) are just tools that the rookie needs to make him self feel good about getting a frag.
ice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple resolution boyz:

just mulch

nothing in between you and the other guys "skills"

all additives (neo) are just tools that the rookie needs to make him self feel good about getting a frag.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: