FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Will work for food

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azrael

Location: Cuba, you got someting to say about dat mang!?!? Guild: TVB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Will work for food Reply with quote

OK, so now that I've decided to get out, I figure I might want to get a resume together. Just one problem, I've never written a resume before. I have a general idea what is supposed to go in one, and I've written one up, but I have no way of knowing if I've made one that "looks good". If any of you good folks can help a guy out by lending your civilian workplace expertise, I would be truly grateful. Here is the link to my resume. Ed's resume
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know much but the objective section seems as though it has the wrong sorta stuff written there, and the skill section could be done a lil better, either aligned or jsut formatted different entirely. i'll leave it to other people that deal with them to give more info

so can i call your ref's now?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I forgot their numbers were in there, but I removed them before I saw your post, so nyah nyah!! I thought the same thing about the objectives part, but that was what the little resume builder thing said to put there....maybe it's got things messed up a little. The reason some parts of it look a little weird is because I just copied it and pasted it into a txt file. It actually comes off a web site and I didn't feel like messing around with it. I just want to know if the information flow and stuff is Ok (aside from the Objectives part, I think I'm gonna change that part first).
Evil Con Carne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is off topic, but how difficult was it to learn Arabic, I've been thinking about learning another language.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Con Carne wrote:
I know this is off topic, but how difficult was it to learn Arabic, I've been thinking about learning another language.

I think you should get english figured out before you try another language .

*Back on Topic* The objectives information you have there is your training. I think that information might fit better in "experience". Your objective should be what your goals might be, my interpretation anyways. As for the other information, specifics are good. Leaving things as no preference is like leaving it blank.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put I will code HTML for food in there. It does wonders for Robert E. Lee. I'll look it over more and give you feedback since my resume isn't getting my anywhere either.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO I posted my resume last Saturday night, and enjoyed the rest of my weekend. I came in to work and got 2 phone calls about jobs, and 1 email. I took your guys' advice and reworked my resume, so I guess it must have been ok. The jobs are pretty good, although one would require me to go overseas for about 6 months, probably back to Iraq, but they are well paying jobs. I am so relieved I can't even describe it! The job thing was one of my biggest reservations to getting out, but it looks like it all might work out.

Evil, it really depends on what type of learner you are as to how difficult languages can be when you learn them. Age also has a lot to do with it, as most researchers believe that as you get older learning languages increases in difficulty. It's kind of like your mind gets set more linguistically the older you get, thereby making things like new vocab and sounds harder to learn.

Arabic wasn't very difficult for me, but then I tend to learn languages fairly easily. This is not to say that I am extremely intelligent, I just have a knack for picking up grammer, vocab, and syntax. Give it a try, you might find out you are good at it as well. Also remember that not all languages are created equally. I might do well in arabic, but totally suck at chinese or russian. If you don't do well in your first choice, try another.

Desire is also a huge component. As most people don't want to study, your ability to focus and really study and try to learn are key factors in your quest to pick up a new language. I've been told one way to know you're learning well is when you start dreaming in another language. I don't know how true this is, but it is kind of weird at first.
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Az.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: