FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone know whats going on here?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minor Threat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last night or two while playing everything disappers on me. I'm talking people, cap points, mgs, sgs, dispensors. All I can see is a big open map. Then suddenly I'm in the middle of the battle. It doesn't seem to be lag, because I can still interact with everything, it just seems like I can't see the stuff. My ping is high though 300-400 I just recently had to go back to dial-up from cable where it was usually 75(only till Monday; THank God)so maybe it will go away like all these other woes. Otherwise I thought maybe it's this new NEO messing with me.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This used to happen quite frequently. It looks like its back. Most of the time exit the game and renter. If after a few trys this dosent work restart half-life.
This used to work.
Or play blind it's a little weird but fun once or twice.

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It started back up with the new Neo-TF. I have noticed it also. Roof's right though. Try to engy and maintain an sg! It's tough, but if you spray at the base of the gun, it's easy to find! It's like playing against the ultimate spies!

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has happened to me on TheVille 3 a couple of times. Has anyone had problems with the Remote missiles when they get shot down with a AML?? My screen gets all wacked.
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, there are a number of bugs with the new Neo mod. They'll probably be worked out over the next few weeks..
Ktulu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh..... This happened to me last night when I first joined III, I walked out of the spawn and some invisible hw killed me, I shouted cheat, initiated the kick vote and got this poor guy kicked, afterwards I realized that everybody was invisible, I wish I could remember that guys name so I could appologize.
Anyway if this does happen to you just exit and restart the game.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm soldier and my first Remote missle gets shot I just fire the second and the screen clears up. Sometimes when my second remote gets shot down I have to kill myself to fire a new remote and that fixes it. Sometimes it freezes and no key input works except the escape. Then I leave the game and restart it.

When I can't see the things around me, I change to soldier, if one is available and fire a remote and things clear up. Pretty sure the invisability is tied to the remote missle feature somehow. I believe we tracked the other occurence to having flash grens enabled on the server.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it only happening to Soldiers and Engies? Those are the two classes I've heard in game having problems. Could this be something in the code for the new NTF stuff? Maybe a glitch in the software, or some compatibility issues with the hardware people are running. Or the version of Windows. I would have thought the Neo team would have tested for this, but It could be something that was fixed in earlier versions and forgot to fix in the latest HL update and Neo brought it out again. Just a thought
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: