FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stat Separation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enrico

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother keeps complaning that I mess up his precious stats because i happen to think that saving 20 teamates from getting fragged with a medic is more important go on a psycho-llama-rampage-from-hell and kill people. Personally, I couldn't care less about his special kill ratio or rank. To make it worse, his friend "|USR|Svvord" is bugging me to because "I keep screwing up the USR clan stats." Wow, a clan with two whole members. Anyway, is there a way to separate the stats for two different names, even if the WON id is the same? The only way I can think of is to go into the registry and change the CD key, but that would mean we would have to do it every single time one of us got on. Not to mention we are both unfamilliar with that part of the computer and its probably illegal anyway. I am Juxtaposition and my brother is |USR|GoldenSpy. Any help on this topic would be appreciated.
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha....sword is a llama who isnt a team player

GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to reply to my brother's post,and clarify a few things. I rather resent the unfair portrait of me he put in his letter, so I'm going to do the same, but mine will be more cohesive and easier to understand.
It used to be that this wasn't a problem, but then he dicovered Neo-TFC, and he wants to play it on The Ville. While I don't blame him for wanting to play on such a great server, I think he would be just as well off someplace else. Here's how one of our conversations went:

ME:Stop playing on The Ville, you're ruining my stats.

HIM:So? I think you're addicted to that game.

ME:No, I'm not, why don't you just play on another server?

HIM:I like Neo-TFC.

ME:There are other servers with Neo-TFC, you know. Why don't you play on one of them?

HIM:I don't feel like finding them.

ME:You're a moron.

(he ignores me and resumes messing up my stats)

Anyway, you can see the problem. This isn't really a problem on no stat week, but when I log off the server as rank #25 and log back on as #346, I get kind of pissed. One of the things that bothers me is not that he plays a medic, but that he plays as a scout, a really dumb scout . He runs up to a HWGuy and whacks him with a crowbar.
I realize this is more of a personal problem than a server one, but I'm tired of having my scores messed up. If you can do something about it on the server side, I would really appreciate it, but If you can't, well, there are other ways to do it on my end... (*whack* Ow! Stop playing on The Ville! Ow! Why! *whack*)

You get the point.

[ This Message was edited by: |USR|GoldenSpy on 2002-01-09 23:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: |USR|GoldenSpy on 2002-01-09 23:23 ]
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone should yell MOMMMMMM
get me my own game MOMMMMMMM

Minor Threat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL Gotta love that dialouge exchange. Especially the addicted part; reminds me of something my brother once said to me about Ultima Online.

Oh yeah..and I've found if you ever have to defend yourself over being addicted to a video game, you ARE ADDICTED.

[ This Message was edited by: Minor Threat on 2002-01-09 23:34 ]
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The oldest gets the right of way. That's just how it is and how it forever shall be.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
LilBigCip

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigCaulk, I was looing at ur other name and was wondering if u are left handed. If yer right handed ur name is worng!!

Ktulu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, this is a very funny post!!!!!

Look to my knowledge there is no way to seperate the stats with the same won id.

The solution is simple.... buy another Half-life, i've seen it on sale for as low as $12.00 lately, you can probably beat that out of your little brother
Enrico

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few problems with what you all have suggested. First off, were twins, so he is a miniute older than me and in my book, that hasn't ever been a big influence on me. Second, its not that I "dont feel like finding them" its because that hes the one complaning, and I like these servers, and if he wants to keep his stats, he can find another one. Third, im not about to fork out $12 so someone can get their way, it may not sound like a lot, but with a guy that complains this much, you gotta draw the line somewhere. Fourth, I occasionally play scout, but usually im a RandomPC player or a medic, and i haven't gone on a crowbar llama rampage for a good couple of months now. Also, he can stay at 25 for about the first day, but when the regulars come in around 7 or 8 he starts going downhill.
Also, look at his blatant attempt to get the admins on his side.
---------------------------------------------
Quote:It used to be that this wasn't a problem, but then he dicovered Neo-TFC, and he wants to play it on The Ville. While I don't blame him for wanting to play on such a great server, I think he would be just as well off someplace else.
---------------------------------------------
Do you need a straw with that?
If any one else hase some suggestions they would be appreciated.
kazebari?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I'm getting all pissy because I'm no longer in the top 25th...ooo....

TheVille isn't about stats or killing somebody, run back to respawn, etc. It's about teamplay and sacrifice and...er...JUSTICE! yeah JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bubba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jux here is the server that puts the neo in the ville play here they have stas as well and maybe you can settle the family feud!!!!!

[NeoTf]NeoTf Server OC3 208.155.74.223:27501
Enrico

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bubba, but im not about to leave my favorite server and play at another one, hes the one bitching about the stats, so he can play there if he wants to, maybe Svvord will follow him. (If were lucky) >
Bubba

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O k !

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.
-- Bubba

Squriley AKA Little EagleEyes
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about getting another copy of HL, but I don't think it will work. The reason is, it tucks your CD key away in Sierra registires so you would still be playing on the same one. I think I'm right, but I I'm not or someone else has done this, tell me and that is what I'd do. :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: |USR|GoldenSpy on 2002-01-10 18:00 ]
Ktulu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenSpy, I have two Half-Life's installed on my pc with seperate won id's and it works great as long as the first time you run the new HL it ask's for the CD-key, just make sure you run HL first after the install before you launch TFC. There is a thread somewhere in this forum about this just do a search. Hope this helps..... it worked for me
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: