FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Possible HL MOD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: New Possible HL MOD Reply with quote

Ok, I have decided that during this summer, and during maybe the school year next year, I am going to start to work on a MOD for HL. I was originally going to make this MOD by myself with no connection to HL at all but I though; "hey if some people at tv.org chipped in then we could make a MOD of HL... It would also bring tv.org some attention if it turns out to be a good MOD." Basically here’s the features thus far (early stages in development of game play and plot - get your ideas in now maybe I can work them into the game):

1. Single player scenarios - this will explain more about the plot of the game and also give those who do not have a good internet connection a chance to share in the action.
2. Multiplayer scenarios - intense missions that depend on team work and also skills to achieve any major task.
2 i. Alien vs. Human scenarios - basically two teams either one tried to take map space from the other, kill the other team - deathmatch style - or capture enemy items.
3. The game will include high quality graphics and sounds to make it seem as realistic as possible.
4. Bullet time effects and also other add-ons for game play in single player mode and also optional in multiplayer mode.
5. Intense single player and multiplayer missions that will maximize fun while making game play easy to learn/use.
6. A fresh new MOD that will be hopefully fun and exciting to play - and perhaps addicting?

Post up your ideas and also any type of job you think you can do - I need some people to help out making a MOD is a hard task that takes a lot of time and work. But in the end it is rewarding.

Jobs needed:

Programming - should be fluent with 3D Programming note: the HLSDK will be used for this game you should be knowledgeable/know how to program a HL style game.

Graphics - both textures, modeling and map creation. I know most of the things in this area but if anyone wants to help out then go right ahead.

Sound - Sound FX and Music (possibly) are needed for this game. They should be pretty realistic/original.

Testing - many people can do this on their own once the MOD is done but occasionally testing will be required.

That’s pretty much it. I wanna get this MOD up and running but I need some help. Note its not going to be sold (most likely) so these positions are all free volunteer positions.

<TVB>Potato-VS-
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are making a mod for HL, you might just want to wait until the development kit comes out for HL2 since once HL2 is out, HL will be officially dead.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help make maps and test the mod when it's finished. I'll see if I can do some other stuff like sprites and models maybe. If we have enough people to help, we could have a nice mod to play here.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help out with graphics/models, as well as some sound editing.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds cool potato, gl!! I wish i could help but I cant really offer any expertise
Gurrg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing i'm gonna do is create the logo, keep me busy

you wanted to call it Spec correct?

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help with levels, Music, and Sound fx. I have a full digital music workstation, And can get a team together that would work for free (Most likely using any music for credit at the university). Just get me any details and I will do what I can
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, as to making it with HL2’s SDK: I don’t believe that it should go this way. HL2 will be too new and it will most likely have bugs in the coding I would wait for it to get higher in updates before I would start to develop for it. There is also the fact that HL2 won’t run on some comps (mine most likely included) - it may be to advanced for certain comp’s video cards, etc etc. We want this to be playable on a wide variety of computers - it would be best to do it with the HL SDK then, just incase. Besides we're doing the coding we can really add anything that we want to the game.

As for maps and spites, well we need those - just post up some of your work that you’ve done in the area - or PM me about it if you don’t want C&C from other Villuns. Graphics and models aren’t all that hard though it will take a lot to do them. Animation is also another key factor that I need to think about. For now, I may just try and tinker with graphics on my own (attempting to design characters and all that, fornow)… At least until I know what I want the MOD to look like . But rest assured that you will have some work to do there .

Mon: it doesn’t matter what kind of expertise you have. You can be a tester if you wish - come to think of it the more testers we have the better.

Yes gurrg can try the logo . Its called Species not spec btw . Just to let you know . If you could PM me about it a bit later then that would be great - or Ill PM you whichever one gets there first… Ill give you details on what I believe it should have - though perhaps it should be made after the MOD is finished? That way we could add some of the graphics from in game into the logo. But we could start by getting an idea of how it looks for now.

Black hawk: if your friends can produce at least moby level (or perhaps a little less) in music quality then that would be great. Though I don’t expect them to go all out and I don’t exactly expect them to try their best though it would be nice. I don't know exactly how they could get Credits for it - it would have to be up to their teacher - but I suppose that I would definatly be willing to allow them to gain something out of it.
Especially if their doing a great job on one of the most important features of a game.

Anyways, Ill post up somemore later on.
<TVB>Potato-VS-
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to be a tester
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I gotta start to take these names down under their proper categories.

<TVB>Potato-VS-
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, I think you might want to purchase the copyright of the name that you plan on using before you use it I'd let you use it for the mod only if you have a statue of me in the game like the one that Rob put into Avanti. Oh, and if the mod goes mad ballistic then I get 25% of the take
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potato-VS- wrote:
Black hawk: if your friends can produce at least moby level (or perhaps a little less) in music quality then that would be great. Though I don’t expect them to go all out and I don’t exactly expect them to try their best though it would be nice. I don't know exactly how they could get Credits for it - it would have to be up to their teacher - but I suppose that I would definatly be willing to allow them to gain something out of it.
Especially if their doing a great job on one of the most important features of a game.

My team would be made of Music ED/Music Composision majors, so even the smallest song can go into their portfoilio. One of them even want to eventually have a job doing video game music. The actuall team would be 3 - 5 people, but with full access to the Univresity of Akron's music Department. I will Start some Demos with for you to hear what we are capable of.
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeCies wrote:
Umm, I think you might want to purchase the copyright of the name that you plan on using before you use it I'd let you use it for the mod only if you have a statue of me in the game like the one that Rob put into Avanti. Oh, and if the mod goes mad ballistic then I get 25% of the take

LOL! The name wasnt inspired by you ! Its cuz its two species fighting for dominance i the galaxy i suppose... Ill probably change the name though - just because its a demo name for now.

Sure some demos would be sweet . Basically, if we get this MOD at NS level of intesity and fun then Id be happy.
<TVB>Potato-VS-
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can do some sprite editing... like crosshairs and stuff
Chan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out these mods and contact their authors, they did some of the features you want.

Action Half Life (bullet time)
Natural Selection (alien vs people)
Vampire Slayer (cool effects)
And possibly wait, forgot, sorry...

Hope this helps, I can do some graphics if you want and level design.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: