FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Hulk
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: The Hulk Reply with quote

anyone excited about it?

Personally I'm not too excited about it, the hulk isnt the size of a house (like he is in this new movie) and they changed the story alot!!!

(but without lou ferrigno (spelling?) it just isnt the same on screen)
Fred Astaire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea they did change a lot. since when can he run so fast?? Having big muscles makes you run slower, thats why some skinny guy from kenya always wins marathons and not body builders! They are remaking everything now, x-men, hulk, spiderman. Its all crap!

-Rant over
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hulk that I remember couldn't jump 100's of miles either as they portray him doing in the preview. I don't plan on wasting my time

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you guys have obviously never ever even seen the Comic book Hulk, which the movie is based off.

WTF are you talking about, They changed the story alot for the TV version. The Real Hulk was a huge monstrosity. The Angrier the Hulk gets the bigger he gets, and more powerful.

Here's a picture of Comic Hulk

The Hulk is finally being done justice to his true appearance quote Industrial Lights and Magic (special effects creators of the Hulk)

Quote:
"No human, no matter how insanely buff they were, could ever be as big as the Hulk, that's why we decided to do him total CG"

The Comic Hulk Leapt 3 miles, Ran super fast, Could life the Pyramids of Giza, could clap so hard it would cause a sonic boom and destory things around him, and hit the ground causing a shockwave that destroyed things like an earthquake. Don't start making statements unless you know better, If you know nothing about the true Hulk from the comic, don't even apply yourself here.

I think the Movie is going to be awesome, a true test of CG effects and the only movie Besides the Xmen about a comic hero I'll go see..unlike Spiderman, DareDevil, they suck!!..It's going to bring the comic Hulk alive and show what he's really about once and for all.
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing that I'm cautious about is that the Hulk will look too fake.
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but think about CG technology as a whole...its not absolutly perfect yet...I'm kinda expecting a Gollum type Hulk CG look, which isn't bad, it's come a long way since Tron..he's probably the most complex best rendered CG character to Date, and its not going to be how fake he looks, for me, it's going to be how real he looks.
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ypawom, that picture is not the good hulk, its the new hulk 2000 or whatever, the original hulk was just really muscular and big (eight feet tall at the most, not 30!!)
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Age Hulk still did the things the new hulk did, and still grew bigger the more angry he got...And the New Age Hulk still never even gets close to 30 feet, 15 max probably..But Hulk has always done those crazy feats of strength. The Leaping and ground ripping stuff were trademarks. As long as I've remembered Hulk he's looked big, He's always been Bigger. In both Marvel vs Capcom games he looked like the Hulk I know, and the one who's going to be in the new movie.

Capcom Hulk 1998

For the alot of Hulk stuff check out Wizard magazine #142 It's got all the moviestuff and a bunch of "Past-Present Hulk" comic summaries and pictures.
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not much of a fan of the Hulk, but from what little I know, YPAWOM is probably the closest to being right. The Hulk that most average people know is the TV one, and rearly are those anything like the orginal comics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JuVaNiLe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there used to be a tv show about the hulk he realy never did get that big i mean he pooped out some massive musculs but that look about it but new movie looks incredible
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is the original hulk, he did get pretty big, but certainly not as big as in the movie
Smegma
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-{TwhS}-Black Hawk wrote:
I am not much of a fan of the Hulk, but from what little I know, YPAWOM is probably the closest to being right. The Hulk that most average people know is the TV one, and rearly are those anything like the orginal comics.

i agree people going to see this movie will have the tv series in mind and walk out of the theatre going wtf??? x-men i liked spiderman sucked and daredevil has that even come out yet? i do remember some early trailers and they looked lame but that biatch from alias/dude wheres my car is hot(jennifer garner)

RIP- BlueRuler
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Smegma! Did Daredevil come out?! hah, yeah it did, but did anyone care? It had Ben Affleck as Daredevil and all the comic websites and magazines were DareDevil crazed (I wanted to puke). And the chick they got to play electra was some curly-haired white chick. She was supposed to be like Greek or Spanish, they originally wanted Penelope Cruz for Electra, but she say no.

Also Mongoose, Keep in mind that the artist decides how the character is going to look, and it changes every time they change artists. Some of them were influenced by Luo Farrigno to draw Hulk more like him..and also the Image of heroes in comics has changed. Look at Golden Age comics, the heroes look like average joes compared to the rippling beefed up versions now. As well as the bodybuilders of yesteryear...they look like lightweights to the ones we have now. It's a matter of culture at the time.

Why just look at Batman from the TV series and early DC comics....Laaame.
Then artists started drawing him different, more dark and brooding, less gimmicky.
Then check out the Tim Burton 1989 "Batman" and later "Batman Returns", Whoa! Awesome!
But of course if pop culture gets ahold of an Icon they can pervert it easily like "Batman and Robin" and "Batman Forever" (HOLY CRAP SUCK!)

I think Ang Lee knows what he's doing with this movie....he reportedly really put lots of time and effort into it to bring it to life and be awesome, and was heartbroken when they showed the Superbowl preview and people said it looked lame and fake. I'm going to see the movie before I pass final judgement on it, but I think it will be one of the best Comic to Movie adaptions yet.

Watch out in the future for more comic movies:
League of Extaordinary Gentlemen
Spider-Man 2
Batman (remaking the first one again)
Blade III (Final blade vampires die)
Catwoman (Halle Berry as catwoman?!)
Electra (Same chick from Daredevil)
Fathom (Directed by James "Terminator" Cameron)
Ghost Rider (Nicholas Cage will be Johnny Blaze aka ghost Rider)
HELLBOY (Ron Pearlman as Hellboy, Should be awesome!)
Iron Man (Leonardo Di Caprio to play Tony Starks aka Iron Man )
CONAN: Crown of Iron (Arnold will be back for the 3rd and final Conan)
Punisher
Tomb Raider II (Angelina Jolie gets totally naked in it to sell this crap)
Superman (Origins story, remake, might have lame actor as Superman though)
Superman vs Batman (Whaaa?!)

Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you are correct ypawom in saying that the artists change as the monster does, but i believe the original (before the tv show) looked alot closer to the tv show than it will to the new movie coming out.

And Smega, uhh, daredevil has been out and gone for a few months. I liked the daredevil comic and when i heard they were making a movie i was like yah!, but then i heard ben affleck was playing the lead, wtf!!!! The movie was ok i guess (bullseye came out looking pretty cool).

Also, for more info and comic movie adaptations:
http://www.superherohype.com/
seems theyre going to be making just about every superhero into a movie (iron fist, with raypark, aka darth maul/toad from xmen!)
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan wrote:
Superman vs Batman (Whaaa?!)

I don't know anything about superheroes or comics and stuff, but WTF!!!?!!?!?!!?!?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: