FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
profanity
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JtH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: profanity Reply with quote

i was just playing dod on tv4 and there were two people in there who wouldnt stop using profanity and racial slurs after being warned against it. it was so bad at a point that one guy left because of it. i took screen shots and i got there won ids and names. i need someone to post the screen shots for me though but here is their names and won id's:
seamanse WON 419
fu*&ing marmaduke stupid dog WON 418

if you want to see the screenies just show me how to post them.

*edit* oh the time was about 2:45 AM eastern time

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there and I can back Jack up. However, shouldn't this be in the Complaint Department?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JtH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it was gonna be but i couldnt seem to find it. lol.
i dont think there is one anymore.

oh and you werent there under this name, what name were you under?
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacktheHomeless wrote:
yeah it was gonna be but i couldnt seem to find it. lol.
i dont think there is one anymore.

oh and you werent there under this name, what name were you under?

check the home page, should link you... won't flame( heh) you because you have been gone for a bit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the complaint department was made a sticky here in this forum. It's under the title "If you were banned go here".

I will look into this and do what I can to take care of it.

*edit* I have reviewed the logs. The problem has been taken care of.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in the Misc. section on the header menu and the Complaint Department is the first one down. It isn't a forum anymore, but a private place to post complaints that will go directly to the admins.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we ban everybody, because everybody is making fun of my french accent

You racist bastids!

j/k

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your accent is the reason I play DOD Paddyjack. I couldn't ban you if I wanted to, tee hee hee.

I saw the logs and not only was there profanity but verbal abuse towards Jackthehomeless which I will not tolerate. Jake made the attempt to me nice and was insulted in the process. That doesn't fly around these parts.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're at it let it be know continual profanity has no place on ville servers or for that matter anywhere. Most of use come here to have fun NOT to be cussed out or have to listen to it Cease the flapping of the yap or face the wrath

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed that part, good point Blue .

We are all friends here. We have the occasional slip up and that is fine. Constant use or abusive use is not tolerated. Being regs we know better.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:

We are all friends here. We have the occasional slip up and that is fine. Constant use or abusive use is not tolerated. Being regs we know better.

Well we are not all friends though, and sometimes it is very hard to refrain from cussing.... Just like tonight, there was that guy constantly accusing me of hacking because I was seriously kicking some ass at some point (I think I was 25-4 ). After a time, I got tired of it and started being very sarcastic about him.

The thing is, some ppl just does not understand that hide and seek is key to this game, and using your ears will tell you a lot of things about player movements. Especially on a map like Avalanche, where planks creaks, thugs, blong, etc at very specific points. (don't ask me what is a "blong...).

So I was very close to calling him names

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:
Bright Red Nipples wrote:

Well we are not all friends though, and sometimes it is very hard to refrain from cussing.... Just like tonight, there was that guy constantly accusing me of hacking because I was seriously kicking some ass at some point (I think I was 25-4 ). After a time, I got tired of it and started being very sarcastic about him.

The thing is, some ppl just does not understand that hide and seek is key to this game, and using your ears will tell you a lot of things about player movements. Especially on a map like Avalanche, where planks creaks, thugs, blong, etc at very specific points. (don't ask me what is a "blong...).

So I was very close to calling him names

Lol I saw that, you were really annoying on avalanche.... You kept going all through that stair thing near the axis spawn and the balconies and killing everyone that tried to go through there. You got me over and over hehe.

It's funny watching people blame people for hacking because they can't kill them because they are good.

And I didn't know things in the map made noise. I knew the bushes in forest do, though...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got accused of hacking cause I shot some prone guy through two walls. Lol, what a noob

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol VAC does a lot of good
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:

Lol I saw that, you were really annoying on avalanche.... You kept going all through that stair thing near the axis spawn and the balconies and killing everyone that tried to go through there. You got me over and over hehe.

It's funny watching people blame people for hacking because they can't kill them because they are good.

And I didn't know things in the map made noise. I knew the bushes in forest do, though...

Lol, that is exactly what I was doing, climbing up and down the stairs all the time, and getting ppl from behind or on top (my gf used to like that... ). Or hiding in the shadow on top of stairs in the middle building, or in the church. As for the noise, yes, the woodplank floor in the middle building makes very characteristic sounds, so you can know if somebody is incoming. I play with earphones too, it helps.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: