FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
a question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JtH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: a question Reply with quote

ok i just got done playing dod on tv4 about 15 minutes ago and something just bothered me about the game. the server was pretty full and there were alot of regular players in there. there was this one guy in there, })FA|darth, and he went off on me for telling him to cap points. We were getting beat pretty bad so i was saying in the mic for people to cap points and he started flipping out. he was complaining about how it was a pub server and he could do what he wants. i wasnt telling him what to do but i was under the impression that the objective of the map was to cap all the points. also he was saying in game that he was going for kills and there is nothing wrong with that, but you can go for kills and caps at the same time, it doesnt take a genius. also the game before that he was using profanity and swearing but shut up after being warned against it. Bright Red Nipples was there and so was JohnCarterofMars and i think BRN was getting annoyed by it also. so here is the question that is burning a hole in my skull: Am i one of the few people that dont care about their score or kill-death ratio and only care about winning and having a good time?. I was in the game and a few people were telling me just to ignore him and BRN brought up a good point, why should i have to ignore someone in a server. i have been a proud regular here at the ville for over a year and have seen some of the stuff that goes on in game but there was something about this event that just bothered me and made me really ticked off.

the purpose i am writing this is just to share my views on the matter and i would like to know how some of the other people here feel.

jack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive found the best solution is the mute feature
JtH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does mute work when they are typing in the game window?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about 2 seconds away from kickin him for disrupting the game. If he chooses to play for kills instead of caps then that would be his perogative to do so. However the arguing that was going on was what was bothering me.

I don't believe in having to mute someone. If they are in voice and spamming it then they are disrupting the game. This particular guy was doing in team text and there is no muting that.

This is just one of those situations where I leave the game upset because it was no fun .

God Bless You Blue Ruler
JtH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRN summed up my whole big paragraph in a few sentences.

jack
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacktheHomeless wrote:

jack

winning is indeed very fun.... and its something i try for every game... but there are teims where jsut shooting epople is fun too.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gizanked wrote:
JacktheHomeless wrote:

jack

winning is indeed very fun.... and its something i try for every game... but there are teims where jsut shooting epople is fun too.

That's fine to do that, but don't argue and say they can do whatever and disrupt the game. If you want to there is nothing wrong with it, but there is no reason to argue.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someon told me if you mute someone it mutes their text too but I'm not sure.I agree capture the flag games are supposed to be fun and you're supposed to play for caps thats why they call it capture the flag Too many people get rapped up in the whole kill to death BS its funny.Many times you will see that type of person on the losing team playing sniper "big surprise" LOLZ and whining that their team sux ROFLMAO

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bada Bing wrote:
Someon told me if you mute someone it mutes their text too but I'm not sure.I agree capture the flag games are supposed to be fun and you're supposed to play for caps thats why they call it capture the flag Too many people get rapped up in the whole kill to death BS its funny.Many times you will see that type of person on the losing team playing sniper "big surprise" LOLZ and whining that their team sux ROFLMAO

That's pretty funny when I see that.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell us what you really think, Bada....
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharkbyte wrote:
Tell us what you really think, Bada....

i'm gonna tell you.........................you suck!
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost always have the lowest kill/death, but you'll usually see me as one of the top 3 point getters on the team. If someone plays for kills then that's what they do, what gets me is when they whine about the team suckking yet they have scored 0 points.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tough one, really. It's hard to boot someone for not trying to accomplish the team objective as long as they are not being disruptive to the game. If you're suiciding or shooting your own team, then adios, but if you're killing the enemy that is technically assisting your team. On DoD, if I'm a sniper I'm usually not trying to cap, but I am trying to put my team in a position to cap by removing obstructions, namely the other team. Of course, in my case I'm generally missing all the time, so maybe I'm not really helping all that much.

That being said, Rule 1 is a very important rule! I'd like to think that I'm a pretty easy going guy, but if someone is screwing up the game by bitching, they are going to get a warning from me, then a kick.

I also respond more quickly to concerns expressed from regs. If you've been around for a while, hang out on these boards and have established good "credit" with me, then when you complain about someone, I probably won't wait for corraborative proof. To anyone reading this who believes that they are one of the good "credit" holders I would express one word of caution. Don't abuse your position of good standing. If I boot someone on the word of a reg and then find out that it was not a righteous boot, that reg's good "credit" will turn to bankruptcy faster than you can say "TYO is a stinky poo head".

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said Sully. I usually run the same policy. The fact that I was in game and saw the actions in progress made it a bit easier to see the actions and act on it. It was just one of those calls that could have gone either way.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely BRN. I hate those "on the fence" calls. It's a no-win situation for the admin. I'd rather have someone who is acting poorly to the extreme so that I can just kick 'em and be done with it.

Actually, I'd rather everyone just got along and I didn't have to worry about it.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: